Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

No nuts/Fruit
Posted by: ashleekanaan ()
Date: August 14, 2008 07:52PM

hi guys :-) So I did some more reading and decided to try my best to try and eliminate fruit which I know is a major irritant for me, as well as nuts. Can someone please help me with menu suggestions for trying to avoid these items? I feel lost without fruit..every single menu plan for raw foodists suggests only fruit in the AM!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No nuts/Fruit
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 14, 2008 08:31PM

You won't find much support here for a Fruit-Free Diet. You might try
balancing Fruit with Greens. I like Green Smoothies with a 50-50 ratio
of fruit to greens. Giving up Nuts, on the other hand, might be a good
idea......WY

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 14, 2008 08:56PM

-ALL fruit is an irritant for you? That's a pretty wide thing! LOL. Anyway: there are no raw food police....it's all about YOUR needs.

-If you feel that is right for you....that's no problem. Go ahead with a veggie diet. Make sure to eat large enough amounts...and get the variety and the calories you need. You might like sprouts. You might also prefer the 'non-sweet' fruits like tomato and cucumber...and others. More power to you!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 14, 2008 09:01PM

Ashlee,

What are the fruits you can eat, and what are the fruit you cannot eat? If you share this, perhaps we can suggest some menus for you.

Date: August 14, 2008 09:29PM

I'm not sure if it's just me 'detoxing' but I have found that citrus fruits give me awful indigestion and make me feel quite bloated, I love banannas, mangoes blueberries, peaches, and cherries..avocado and cucumber too. But I never have a solid stool when I eat fruit, I experimented and I know it was only one day but yesterday I ate primarily only fruit. Blueberries in the morning, mid snack was bananna, then I had a mango, apple, grapes, and some more blueberries with a few cherries. Had a large raw salad mid day with 1 avocado,carrot,green onion, 2 squeezed lemon wedges and pepper. Later in the evening I had 1/4 avocado and a bananna ( this combo seems to give me gas) , and then I had two dried dates, for dinner since I got home late was 2 sprouted grain pieces of toast with avocado, lettuce, olive oil, pepper, onion, and carrot. I noticed that that day ( arond 4pm) my pee was a darker yellow and still is this morning, and I have white drops of a liquid of something coming out at the near end of my urinating..I'm assuming this is excess yeast? Anyhow I drink a lot of water or seem to think that i do, I have a fragile digestive system I think..I have also lately considered taking supplemental enzymes which I heard may help. Thanks to all.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 15, 2008 03:13AM

Ashlee,

It sounds like you could benefit from practicing the food combining rules. Try eating meals of only one kind of fruits. For example:

Breakfast: 3 bananas
Mid morning snack: 2 bananas
Pre lunch snack: 2 bananas
Lunch: lettuces, cucumbers with avocado
Afternoon snack: some tomatoes
Dinner: 1 pound of grapes
After dinner meal: lettuces, cucumbers with avo,

One thing you'll notice is there is only 6 different thing eaten in this menu. In fact, if you can use fewer, you will have better digestion.

For myself, I like my fat as the last thing, because it seems to interfere with my fruit digestion. Here is how I typically eat in the summer:

2pm: 7 pounds of watermelon OR 5 pounds of watermelon & 2 pounds of grapes
7pm: 12 nectarines. After some time, 2 cucumbers, pint of cherry tomatoes, tomatillos (once a week I'll include a whole avocado)

For you, you won't be able to eat as much fruit as I can in a single meal. But you could do something like:

8am: 3 bananas
10am: 3 bananas
12pm: 3 bananas
3pm : 3 bananas
5pm: 4 nectarines
7pm: lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado (A whole avocado every day a lot of fat. Perhaps every other day to start). If you has cooked foods, eat this with this meal - the toast, grains, steamed veggies, etc.

If you practice good food combining, you will not need enzymes or probiotics or any other digestive aids.

Also, see about cutting out spices and condiments from your cooked foods, as these affect the digestion of fruit. If possible, don't use salt, pepper, spices, vinegars, etc.

When your digestion gets going pretty good, you can consider including more complex cooked foods or more fruit combinations.

Date: August 15, 2008 03:47AM

Wow thank you much! I have heard 'mono' food eating is a fantastic tool but it just seems so hard I love eating a variety of fruits/veggies. I practice good food combining in 4 groups...Starches& whole grains, nuts,seeds/dried fruit,protein(fish for ex), and fruit. I learned it that way from Natalia rose who introduced me to raw foods as a way of life But in lieu of healing my body I am willing to try any and everything. Thank you so much

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 15, 2008 04:26PM

Ashlee,

I have known people with sever alergies. After they go through a detox, they can eat some of the fruits and vegetables that they were previously alergic to. You may want to try a 3 day liquid diet to cleanse your body of toxins.

Good luck!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: August 16, 2008 04:05AM

You don't need to eliminate fruit entirely. Just the specific ones that have adverse effects. You can figure it out with a drastic elimination diet: start with only those things you tolerate and gradually add back one by one and see how your body reacts. Not too much at one meal, either.

But some people do have problems with all or almost all nuts. I can understand the need to avoid them completely.

Posted by: jonesy8844 ()
Date: August 16, 2008 08:08PM

Soak the nuts for the recommended time and then dry them in the low heat for long term storage. I also had bad stomach issues with the nuts and this worked for me.

k

Date: August 16, 2008 08:19PM

Sounds like you still have a lot of fruits to get by on....if your a newbie I wouldn't read too much into your stools either....you still have a lot of adjusting to do.

Keep experimenting!

F1

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: August 16, 2008 10:57PM

If you get diarreah/soft stools as a result of improving your diet it just means that toxins are being eliminated. It happens to me every time I improve my diet and never lasts very long, a day or two.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 17, 2008 04:50AM

I can completely relate to your issues/concern with fruits. In fact, due to my love of fruits, (what I believe has been the cause) I have developed a fungal infection over the past 6 months. Every time I eat a even so much as a few blueberries or strawberries, I get severe indigestion and a fungal outbreak. Up until lately, I have not been able to avoid this until introducing and upgrading my salt and/or high salt/mineral foods intake. It seems to be allowing my body to balance out and improve digestion. A good quality, uncooked, clean salt is hard to find... and very important to do so. I choose a specific source and you can email me for that. I also like himalayan salts as well. I have been eating a lot of seaweeds lately(dulse, kelp, nori) These all seem to balance out my bodie's ability to still enjoy the 'fruits' of life. I have also been using a green food smoothie, loaded with digest enzymes and probiotics, as I am sure that is helpful too. For me though, the addition of the high quality salt and seaweeds seems to be what is turning the corner for me, as my condition seems to be more advanced, yet now has nearly disappeared in a couple weeks, minus the scarring.

Best of luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2008 04:52AM by kevine9387.

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: August 17, 2008 06:37AM

Fruits in a fresh ripe state eaten while hungry is not the problem.

Add not eating while hungry, mixing all different types of fruits, not excercising, eating high fat,

Base on what you typed try to narrow down your variety and simply increase the quantity in the foods you like.

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: August 18, 2008 04:14PM

It isn't possible to get enough calories entirely from vegetables. It is from nuts and vegetables. That gives you an extremely high fat ratio, though, which isn't good.

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: August 19, 2008 11:10AM

Also, do you eat nuts WITH fruit(sweet fruit specifically - dried perhaps)? That could be a huge cause of your "problems" but then again, we don't know ANYTHING about you other then what you've explained, so it's hard to just give you an answer as to what you could do. Fruit should only be eaten highly in the 811 way - sugar plus fat is a huge no no as I've learned from the book. BUT there are misleading stories of people who actually eat more fat then they think is 10 percent, and then go on about problems that happen to them, confusing more people. BA

Date: August 19, 2008 05:15PM

Alright thank you I appreciate it, I generally only eat fruit alone, but I have heard that dried fruit can be mixed with nuts, but I dont really follow that rule as I try to steer away from mixing fruit with nuts. I learned from my body and its symptoms that im suffering more from candida as opposed to having fruit irritation problems alone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables