Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help...my tooth broke off
Posted by: customagic ()
Date: August 16, 2008 04:46PM

I am 90 % raw but when I was traveling I was not doing so great...so much temptation since none of my family members support raw food lifestyle.
I have cavity that was developing around my filling and today part of my real teeth broke off...since cavity was getting worse.

I really hate deintist since I have had terrible experience.
Plus I have no dental insurance.
I was hoping the cavity don't grow but it did.

I am looking for non invasive dentist who don't charge tons in NYC.
Please please help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help...my tooth broke off
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 16, 2008 07:13PM

Call around and find the best price. Try to have the work done without
taking the pain-deadening Drug. I have my work done that way. Don't worry
about finding a Holistic Dentist for just one filling. They're all about
the same.
I have a friend who had extensive work done (Fort Lauderdale) with a
Holistic Dentist and was not pleased.....WY

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: August 16, 2008 11:00PM

Cloves are good for toothache pain, just tuck one into your cheek. The temporary filling material that dentists use have cloves in them to help with the pain, so even dentists use cloves!

Posted by: hyldemoer ()
Date: August 17, 2008 12:14AM

customagic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am looking for non invasive dentist who don't
> charge tons in NYC.

See if any of the local universities have dental colleges. Dental college clinic costs are low and whoever works on your mouth will be getting a grade on both the teeth they repair and their "bedside manner".

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: August 17, 2008 12:18AM

Wow, no pain meds? If anything makes me feel disturbed the most its having my teeth worked on. I can't handle the pain, its not that its so much worse than other pain its just so WRONG. Like, a pain in my stomach or leg or something is way better than a pain in my eye or my tooth, even with the same amount of pain.

Anyway, I go to my local University for dental work and its very cheap and sometimes they make a little mistake like poke you in the cheek, but its fine. I hope you find some relief!

Date: August 17, 2008 01:08AM

Thank you.
Thankfully there is no pain (yet...lol)
This tooth ad a big filling in it and tooth had become very weak.

I still don't feel like going to a dentist.
Maybe I will lose this tooth pretty soon.sad smiley

Problem is food get into the tooth.
I have pretty bad bridge work done on the other side of the tooth so I cannot bite that side either.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 17, 2008 04:07AM

this is what I do for tooth problems...
Keep the teeth cleaned. I use oil, like coconut or seasame seed oil and take a tablespoon and swoosh it in my mouth for a good 20 minutes and spit it out and rinse your mouth with water. That will clean inbetween all cavities and areas that a brush cant get to.
Wheat grass juice. The regular 1o/z of juice and swoosh that in the mouth and drink it take some of the pulp from the wheat grass and place it on the area that has the cavity. I keep the ambosil handy and the pain reliever as well just in case the tooth area starts to flaim up.
Good luck and hope you can find a dentist soon.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: August 19, 2008 12:04AM

Hey Pampam I dont know where you are in the U$, but if you have a bit of work `that needs to be done, you can get good work for a good price in Mexico,
you can find good dentist referals on line for mex. dont wait till pain.

Date: August 19, 2008 01:11AM

Thank you.
I didn't know about oils can help.
I have never used it before for tooth cleaning.

I have another cavity on the other side too in addition to bad bridge work and now I practically don't have good side to chew.
I still don't want to go to the dentist...too many bad experiences.
I feel so upset and terrible.
I really wish my teeth can grow back.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 19, 2008 04:23AM

i would just go to the dentist and get it over with.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 19, 2008 05:27AM

I hear you about wanting the teeth to grow back I wish the same for myself. If you can, go to the dentist and get the work done. I don't have the finances nore the insurance to get it done and have been dealing with real bad teeth for way to long and may have to have them removed. It will drag down your health if you don't. Meanwhile have some green smoothies and juice some vegies for your nutrition. In my opionion eating raw still helps your body. I think there is a grief process when we lose a body part and that goes with the teeth as well. I feel empathy for you and really am in the same boat. I am fifty and may have to have dentures. I really hate dentists and have had real bad experiances with them. One dentist destroyed one of my large molars when I was trying to get the one next to it repaired and I never had enough money to get that molar fixed. I wish it would just fall out. Best of luck to you
Pam

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables