Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Candida cleanse..
Posted by: ashleekanaan ()
Date: August 17, 2008 03:55PM

Does anyone know of any great cleanses to clear away Candida? I have heard to eliminate fruit, but then I also heard from 'the raw secrets' that its a fat issue, not a fruit issue..but i did notice my Candida worsen after fruit consumption. I am starting Dr Edward Groups colon cleanse tomorrow has anyone heard of it? It uses an oxygenated intestinal cleanser, i was thinking this may also help to clear Candida..Let me know if you have any ideas for me! :-) Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Candida cleanse..
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 17, 2008 04:19PM

Ashlee,

If you are going to start an all raw diet, cleansing is not necessary, as raw foods are very cleansing. As for candida. the highest success ratio is found on the low fat diet. People who try the no-fruit approach, or better known as the high fat diet, rarely heal from candida. For those folk, should they eat a single banana, the candida returns.

Real healing comes when you can eat sweet things again without a candida flare up.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 17, 2008 06:55PM

I've been fighting Candida for years now. While I haven't tried Dr. Edwards colon cleanse, I found that there is no one cure for it. In my pre-Raw days, I tried over the counter creams and the one day pill. I tried Dr. Graham's idea of eating Rockmelon or Cantaloupe straight for 10 days, I've tried healing oils, I've tried acidolphilus in the form of yogurt, Kefir, and I tried Threelac, etc. I stopped eating all sugars except naturally occuring ones, all yeast, all wheat, and all animal products. None completely cured it. They helped but didn't eliminate.

I did find that raw, vegan, cabbage Kimchee helped quite a bit but it smells when eaten so others around me found it offensive at work. That put a stop to eating it at my desk at work. sad smiley

I looked at the body ecology website wherein she cured herself from Candida and she promotes coconut kefir. Of course, you buy the kefir granules from her and buy young coconut. This would've worked if I were somewhere where young coconuts are cheap but since I moved, they are very expensive.

I also found that I had problems with my thyroid. I've been working on that, too.

I think that with Candida, there is more than one issue involved and one has to get to the root of the problem. Candida may have started with something so called simple but then affects other areas of the body.

Good luck. Therese

Date: August 17, 2008 09:19PM

Yeah im noticing this..When I floss my teeth the dental floss has an odor to it and some of my gums are a little irritated and my teeth seem to have a yellowish brownish tent on some not all of them. Im kinda worried at this point..is this also a candida symptom? Im at a loss of what to do and am constipated, have loose stools, tired, reddening around nails with cracked cuticles, dark urine with white droplets post urination. Someone help me please..

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 17, 2008 09:19PM

I really thought this article to give a refreshing and insightful view of candida and its 'function' in our body.

[radicalhealth.com]

Great for the discerning reader

Hope it helps

Posted by: yogi33 ()
Date: August 18, 2008 02:50AM

I agree with you wholeheartedly. i too have tried all that you mentioned and a great many other 'cures' for candida. the raw food diet has been by far the most effective tool in my box smiling smiley I LOVE drinking kombucha but the jury is still out on whether or not it helps or hurts candida. As for the fruit, I too have to watch certain fruits (dried especially) but even that has lessoned. It may be something I will always battle, but ANY sugar, yeast ect in cooked foods definately has not helped me in the battle against the bad albicans!

Date: August 18, 2008 03:38AM

Thank you all so much; I appreciate it. I have a VERY sensitive digestive system as I have found within the last three months of attempting to be raw; so I'm going to take advice from the body ecology diet and lightly steam most of my raw veggies to build the 'digestive fire' they are talking about in order to be able to digest more efficiently. :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables