Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Perfuming your food
Posted by: liponeer ()
Date: August 18, 2008 06:42AM

I'm now subtly reposting my message from the juice forum, in a different form. I hope you'll forgive me.

I'm suffering shock having to work in an office for the first time in 7 years, when I used to work from home. My raw diet (I'm a novice) has for the most part been that I take plants and stuff them into my mouth (or I juice them or blend them with water). Broccoli and cabbage are kind of my "meat", if you know what I mean. According to my ex-girlfriend, these smell really bad when I eat them.

I'm afraid that my diet will offend people at my work. I've noticed some of this already.

I'm think of trying to combine my vegetables with aromatic herbs. For example, pairing collard greens with mint or some such thing. Ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Perfuming your food
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 18, 2008 12:41PM

hey, you can't expect that lady with the left over meatloaf to take your olfactory sensitivity into consideration so i wouldn't worry about it. if it really bugs you take the opportunity to have lunch outside in the open air and sunshine. in winter people will just have to put up with it. it's not hurting them any and i don't think your work place will tolerate discrimination based on your diet.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 18, 2008 01:05PM

Right. Don't create a problem where none exists. Most people have no problem with salads and vegetables. Don't make a problem unless some one mentions it. Then just eat in the lounge or outside of the office.....as recommended. Nobody can stop you from eating what YOU feel is necessary for lunch my friend!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: August 18, 2008 01:34PM

I completely agree with Coco and David. We have to put up with the odors of others' colognes and perfumes, meat meals, body odors, lingering secondhand smoke, and so much more. If the worst anyone around you can say is that they hate the smell of your vegetable meals, then smile and know that you are at least adding a bit of healthy odor to the air you're breathing! ;-)

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 18, 2008 06:58PM

i don't know what yer girlfriend is talking about

broccoli and cabbage smelling bad?

most SAD eaters don't even have the developed olfactory capabilities to smell the
scent of vegetables

she must have the scent of a blood hound

though she sounds SAD to me

it sounds like she is just trying to sabotage your diet

what does HER diet look like?

something smells fishy here ( pun intended)

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 18, 2008 07:32PM

I never met a broccoli plant that I didn't like the smell of

Date: August 18, 2008 10:32PM

The worst ever breath I've ever had to enhale was that of my old dentist- a coffee addict and a smoker!

I'd rather smell broccoli on someone than that greasy, eggy McDonalds smell!

Aniseeds are a very good breath freshener. You could chew on these as a natural breath mint if you're worried about green breath smiling smiley

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: August 18, 2008 11:18PM

Perfuming food?...Hmmm (smiles wickedly)...Maybe we could all carry around a bottle of
"liponeer's Organically homegrown Herbalishesly Awesome tasting de-stinkafyer" It could be covertly spritzed on any meal that comes out of a microwave!

Think about it, you could make millions on the stuff, liponeer!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2008 11:19PM by swimmer.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: August 18, 2008 11:19PM

suspendedindefinitely Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The worst ever breath I've ever had to enhale was
> that of my old dentist- a coffee addict and a
> smoker!

ewwwww. having to go to the dentist is bad enough. yuck.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: August 18, 2008 11:25PM

liponeer, you're a caring soul. i echo not worrying about offending anyone and enjoy your food. when i eat brocolli or cabbage my breath is kind of stinky for awhile too. but i don't notice it as much anymore as i'm less toxic. cabbage can get funky, it smells like durian to me sometimes. a suggestion if you're still concerned...parsley and fennel seeds are super odor busters. chewing on some parsley or fennel works wonders.

best wishes with your new (office) position. i can imagine it's quite a shock, I work from home myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2008 11:27PM by rawangel.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: August 18, 2008 11:35PM

As I said in my other post - People are probably looking at you weird because you're stuffing plants in your mouth.

Chop it up and eat it as a salad. Salads are "normal" people food. Olive Oil and Vinegar can be a raw dressing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables