Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
master cleanse
Posted by: marsh ()
Date: August 19, 2008 01:08AM

hi all-

i'm planning to start the master cleanse in a few days. is anyone interested in joining me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: master cleanse
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 19, 2008 05:17AM

hi marsh, I have been on the master cleanse since thursday so this is day five for me. When are you starting? Its so far so good for me. I am useing the certic sea salt for the salt water flush in the morning and I have heard it is a good choice. I had to go to the store to get some more of that maple syrup and boy that was expensive 10.oo for 16 oz's I also got some agave necter I should be good for a while. I am not sure if it is as good as a all out water fast though but I am giveing it a good try and will be doing this for at least 11 days.

Date: August 19, 2008 04:21PM

hi pampam,

i wish i could start right now, but i have to go out of town with my family until sat, so i'll start on sun. how long are you going to stay on it? i'm aiming for 10 days minimum. i'd like to go until my toungue turns pink (which is when they say you are all cleaned out), but i'm going to listen to my body to see when i should break the fast.

i actually think the mc is a great alternative to water fasting. you have so much more energy because of the nutrition, the lemon and maple syrup is so alkalizing and full of minerals. also, the salt water flush washes all of the toxins out, and i don't think you get the same effect with straight water fasting. this will be my first mc, and i'm really looking forward to it.

i agree, the syrup is pricey. but, you are not buying food, which is more expensive than the mc ingredients, especially if you like to eat organic. so it all evens out.

i'm curious about the flush. some people say it's weird to drink so much salty water, but it works. sounds like it's working for you.

best of luck to you, and it you're still fasting on sunday, i'll let you know how it's going for me.

marsh

Date: August 19, 2008 04:39PM

It seems the salt water flush works as I have to make sure I have quick access to the toilet after drinking it. I too think the master cleanse is a good alternative to water fasting. I did a 11 day water fast and for the first half My bowels were still moveing because I started it by drinking warmed lemon juice but after I was only drinking water my movements stopped and I felt very tired and grumpy which is a sighn of detox but I think if my system was flushing out regularly the detox sighns would not have been so extreme. I drink a smooth move tea at night and that really works as well but if I were to stop the salt water flush I dont think I would be cleaned out from the toxins.
Last night I listened to a Natural path doctor speak about fasting and I found it interesting because he spoke of the roughage we need in our entestines to sponge up the toxins and aid the cleaning process in our bodies. After 11 days of this I may incorporate some of his aids and switch over to a juice fast but I may continue this because the cost is not all that bad and one of the hold ups with juice fasting is the cost of the produce. I am at day 6 and feel real good and gaining lots of energy.
Whatever the case I am going for the long haul on this Glad to see someone else on the ridesmiling smiley
Pam

Date: August 19, 2008 06:27PM

maybe i should use the smooth move tea also. is that the name of it? is it easy to find?

about the fiber/roughage: i totally agree with the doctor you mentioned, and in fact this will be the only fast i have ever done without psyllium and bentonite clay. but i've read alot about the master cleanse, and they say that without the fiber moving through, the body gets a chance to go into a deeper cleaning mode because it is not "digesting" solid food. makes sense to me.

how long are you planning on fasting? i really wish i could start now with you, but it won't be fun to be camping and watch my husband and daughter eat while i cleanse. anyway, sunday will be ok. i'll start then.

i also was thinking about transitioning to juice fasting afterwards, but i'll have to see how i am feeling.

i am so glad to hear you have lots of energy. that's great. happy fasting pam, and i'll check in soon.

marsh

Date: August 19, 2008 09:26PM

I love camping. Last month my family went camping at a fairly rustic campground I brought a blender and greens for a green smoothie and found a plugin in one of the bathrooms. I wouldnt want to be running to the bathroom while camping. I'll still be here. Like I said I am in this for the long haul. I have been haveing movements at least three times during the day and don't feel draged down with an overload of toxic buildup. I am thinking the yellowish movement is bile perhaps from the liver? Not to sure but so far so good.
I am going to start some wheatgrass growing so when I am finished with this I can start drinking the king of juices. I am thinking the master cleanse is a good thing I am not esperianceing any water retention from the salt flush and my eyes are looking much clearer but my tongue is a little coated, when I water fasted my tongue wat extreamly coated and my lips even cracked.
I am going to be doing the master cleanse for at least 11 days if not more and then I am going to get some of that internal cleanse stuff this dr was talking about and use that with juice for a while. I am just experimenting with this to see if I can get some sort of balance in my life with my health and a control with my eating. I am feeling more positive and seem to be thinking clearor. Its good to have someone to talk to about this though glad you are prepareing to do this as wellsmiling smiley
Pam

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: August 19, 2008 10:12PM

I just finished a 16 day MC! I feel absolutely wonderful!
Best wishes to all of you that are doing it now!

peace

Date: August 20, 2008 04:00PM

good job purenkind!

my ideas are so similar to yours, pam...
my last fast was a wheatgrass fast last year. i felt sooo good afterwards. and i am also seeking some balance and control with my life, and eating, too, and for me, a good fast gets me on track for many months. i don't have the dicipline the other raw fooders have to just have my diet be so pure that it alone is my detox. i love a good fast.

so today i'm off to our campsite in the redwoods. (that's great you brought a blender!...love that!) we're only going for a few days, and when i get back i'll be joining you. so in the meantime, happy detoxing, and i'll check back on friday or saturday.

marsh

Date: August 21, 2008 06:41AM

this is day 7 on the master cleanse I really wanted to eat today but I was not drinking enough of the juice today because I got busy and forgot so I got hungry and a little week. I seemed grumpy today as well.

Posted by: ksandberg2002 ()
Date: August 21, 2008 12:46PM

Pam,

Does the mc help curb cravings? I can't seem to stay even 75% raw because of the cravings! Do you find yourself "fighting" the urge to raid the entire kitchen for carbs? I would love to fast in order to get a "good" start and do a little internal house cleaning : )

Kim

Date: August 21, 2008 04:48PM

Kim, because I have made the consious choice to do this master cleanse I don't let my mind wander in thinking of what to eat. for example: I live with a large extended family and they eat a sad diet so there is food all day long the smells the sight I even have to cook for my children but since I have made the consious choice to not eat these foods I am not harboring the thought too. I am trying to reform my thinking and only allow myself to desire raw foods in my thinking I am learning that while my family eats their foods all around me that I can still maintain this master cleanse I am not stressed about the food that is being prepared and eaten around me. I believe the master cleanse is helping me but not a magic bullet because I think we are the magic bullet and we have more power than we think.
I am not sure if this is a detox symptom but I spent the night crying and I was haveing some real negative thinking and remenissing about past issues mostly bad things that have happened to me. I havent cryed for a long time and perhaps it was a good thing.
This is day 8 of the master cleanse and I am going for the long haul one step at a time.

Date: August 22, 2008 10:45PM

hi pam,

i'm back in town now, but have a family thing to go to tomorrow, so will start the mc on sunday as planned.

are you still fasting? i think your crying/thinking about past neg experiences was definitely a detox symptom. i think we carry "stuff"- like memories and things in the cells of our bodies. i hope you are feeling better. my diet has been so much less than perfect this past year, and a slipped disc in my back had me on strong medicine for about 3 weeks recently. i don't know how much stuff my body needs to clean out, and i'm hoping my detox will be tolerable. but, i am determined to fast for as long as it takes,and let my body release everything its ready to let go of, and get back into a good routine.

hope all is well with you, whether you are fasting still or not.

marsh

Date: August 23, 2008 12:57AM

I am still going strong with the fast, Marsh. I have noticed that my back is feeling much better and aches and pains are leaving me I am loseing mass weight as well but that may gain back when I start eating raw foods. I bought a new brush to dry brush my skin and will start bouncing on the mini trampoline I have heard that helps with detox by activating the lymph system. My gums are kinda looking better (I have some tooth problems) I am still not sure if this is as good as water fasting but I think haveing the salt water flush is working. I use a grey celtic sea salt and boy you need to stay close to the bathroom. Sthis is day 9 on this master cleanse, I am going till day 11 and will asess how I am doing then. catch ya later marsh.

Date: August 23, 2008 01:54AM

wow. great job, pam. i guess i'll be starting when you reach day 11. if you have time, let me know how day 10 is going for you. i can't wait for the aches and pains of my back to go away...and some weight, too! how much have you lost?

marsh

Date: August 23, 2008 04:01PM

have you been to this website? there is tons of info and lots of support.

[therawfoodsite.com]

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: August 23, 2008 10:40PM

There is another interactive website about Master Cleanse. Can someone else post it? I thought it was DZM who posted it before, but can't remember. I don't know what thread it was in either.

Date: August 23, 2008 11:10PM

I found this web site [therawfoodsite.com] on the master cleanse.
This morning I did not want to do the salt flush so I did not I still has several bowel movements so things are still moveing and that is important. I went yard saleing and had to rush to find a bathroom so beware, when you have to go you have to go. Today I just wanted to drink water in the morning and afternoon and I felt a little like I wanted to eat but since I am so many days in I sure dont want to mess up on it. My tongue is stil coated and what I have read suggests to fast till the tongue clears up but I will figure that out later.
As for weight loss I have lost at least 2 pounds a day I will do a weigh in on monday and that will be more accurate of a measure. I still have loads of energy and a clear mind I have been doing loads of house work and other things. If I don't drink the lemon juice throughout the day like suggested I find myself become a bit weak.
So far so good and still fasting.....this is day 10 for me

Posted by: jamielor ()
Date: August 24, 2008 04:05AM

Do you think it is ok to do the MC while breastfeeding?
My daughter is 1 month old and I seem to have more than enough milk all the time now so I already have a good supply established.

I miss being able to do fasts and cleanses since I've been pregnant...seems like it's been so long and I am really needing a cleanse since being given all sorts of drugs in the hospital for the birth.

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: August 24, 2008 02:45PM

No. Go to the website posted above, they DO NOT recommend doing it while breastfeeding, ESPECIALLY not for a 1month old. If your baby was 2 or 3 and nursing once or twice a day, maybe.

Date: August 24, 2008 03:14PM

ok. this is day one for me. i am so ready. glad to hear your still going strong, pam.

as for the salt water flush, did you do it on your very first day?

marsh

Date: August 24, 2008 09:26PM

I did the salt water flush on the second day when I got up in the morning. It seems the flush works best on a more empty stomach.

One thing I noticed today is I have been doing real deap cleaning in my house, kind of like what I am doing for my body. I have noticed my eyes are looking more clearor but the whites are blood shot but looking whiter. the iris is real clean looking and sparkly. I wish I knew what to look for in the iris that tells people what is going on in the body but if I were to rely on the eye alone I would say something is happening.

My tongue is still coated so I am going to still fast.

I have energy if I drink the lemon mix but I do notice myself running out of energy when I don't drink the lemon mix.

I think the first three days are an adjustment time and are a hard time but the days after that get only better.

Good luck marsh and happy cleanseing smiling smiley
pam

Date: August 24, 2008 09:46PM

i am so glad you're doing well, pam. and i'm glad you're still fasting since i've just started today!

i'm really going to try and go until my toungue turns pink. in the past, i've never fasted long enough to really "finish." even though we are really never "done", i want this cleanse to get deep into my body, and move out some old stuff i know must be buried because i just don't feel as energetic as i know i could.

i don't know very much about iridology either. it is a great sign when your eyes become clear and bright, though.

so i have all of my stuff, and found the smooth move tea at the store today. i'll have some tonight. i don't really feel very hungry, just tired and sluggish. tomorrow morning will be my first salt water flush....i hope that goes well....

looking forward to hearing about your progress,
marsh smiling smiley

Date: August 24, 2008 10:35PM

I recently finished the MC and felt great. I didn't do the salt water flushes, but did take senna tea. The MC did a fantastic job on helping me get my digestion back to normal smiling smiley Good luck!

Date: August 25, 2008 03:40PM

Day 12 on the master cleanse. This morning I did not want to do the salt flush I am still haveing bowel movements.

My tongue is still coated and I am wondering if it will ever clear up

My eyes are still blood shot but the iris is clean looking and sparkleing

I have a potluck to go to today at my ladies group, How do I explain my weight loss to them? Its my weight loss group and its take off pounds sensibly and everybody is main stream in their thinking.

I found myself automatically being positive, That might sound odd but you see I am a very negative person and have to consiously make myself think positive its like being positive feels so uncomfortable to me it makes my stomach sick sometimes. Perhaps that is a sighn of my liver cleansing???? I was just surprised at myself. Its not that I am a real bad person or anything I just have been working of being more positive in my thinking.

Perhaps the master cleanse is doing something

I am hopeing to start some wheat grass growing so I can break this lemon fast with wheat grass juice I think that would be wonderfull.

How are you doing Marsh??? Drink as much of the juice as you can in the beginning I think that helps.

I'll be back to say what my official weight loss is.

Pam

Date: August 25, 2008 04:39PM

omg....wow this is my 2nd day, and that salt water flush this morning was so intense! i drank 32 os all in about 15min and then i felt sooo sick- headache, nausea, and i kept thinking 30 or 60 seconds and i'll be flushing this out.. but after 30 min, i barely flushed ay out, and then i threw up! over the next hour i must have had about 12-15 liquid @#$%&. sorry to be so blunt, but oh...now i am so nervous to do the flush again tomorrow.

i posted the question about vomiting on the master cleanse website board, i want to knwo if anyone has a suggestion for me. aside from that, though, i'm not really hungry, and feeling ok. just a little tired and sluggish. the lemon mix helps alot.

pam- i think you are doing great having gone this far, and having lost the weight you wanted to. good for you for succeeding in thinking more positively. i wouldn't give it more than a fleeting thought what other people have to say about how you lost weight. i believe that there is no one right way to do anything, we a are all unique and we all have our own truth to listen to. even as supportive as this website it for adopting a healthy lifestyle, so many people have their own way of getting to where they believe is best for them. fasting may not be for everyone, but it sounds like it has definitely been good for you.

keep me posted on how it goes.

love,marsh

Date: August 25, 2008 07:21PM

MARSH, i AM SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAVE VOMITED ON THE SALT FLUSH that indeed is a bad experiance. What kind of salt are you useing? I use the celtic sea salt that is grey in color. I don't like the salt drink but I can see what it is doing. I read that when our colon is full of food the salt flush sometimes backs up and does not clean out as it is suppose to. In the beginning I did not notice so much bowel movements after drinking the salt however now it just takes about 20 minutes for it to run through my system. It is suggested to drink some smooth move tea if the salt flush makes you ill. Keep up the great progress marsh smiling smiley

I weighed in today at my meeting and I lost 9.2 pounds in a week I am not sure if I will gain any back but I do intend to be going another week on this because I am just starting to see some positive benifits. I did not weigh myself when I first started but I know I have lost well over 10 pounds in 12 days.

I am feeling real good hang in there marsh you will to
Pam

Date: August 25, 2008 08:51PM

you are doing so great, pam, and thanks for the support. i am so committed, i am definitely going to keep going. i started with the tea, i had some last night. then this morning did the flush. my colon might be backing up a little since i'm only on day 2, so later today i'm going to do an enema to see if i can move things along faster in there. i'm just going to do it once, and then just let the cleanse happen naturally.

other than that i feel like i have plenty of energy, i can see how people go for many days (and weeks), the lemonade is satifying.

i also think i'll get some gray celtic salt like you have, maybe that will help. and, i'll try it again tomorrow morning now that the experience is behind me. i feel alot better this afternoon.

that is so good you lost all that weight. that is another one of my goals. i gained more than 20 pounds this year and none of my clothes fit. i'm done with the stretchy sloppy sweats and want to get back into my jeans again. i'd like to go 21 days so i can get this weight off and get into a good healthy place. transitioning to wheatgrass afterwards is a great idea. i'll listen to my body as i go along...

i love chatting with you here, pam, and i think we're the only ones using this thread pretty much. we can do email if you think that would be easier/better.

that's it for now. i'm off to the store to get some better salt. i hope this post makes sense, i feel so scattered and spaced out!

love, marsh

Date: August 26, 2008 06:19AM

well I am still hanging in with the master cleanse but today I was tired and hungry. I decided to keep going for another week because there are some real positive things happening to me. Its mostly in my thinking which is odd but I can tell my body is still doing good on this as well. I am going to start some wheat grass and hopefully by time I want to stop this I can juice some wheat grass for a time.

Some of the reason I am tired and hungry is because I was not drinking enough of the juice. I am getting tired of the lemon and maple. So I switched to some agave for a change.

I really cant wait till I start eating though

have a good day marsh smiling smiley

Date: August 26, 2008 04:02PM

day three and i'm still going strong. the salt water flush and i just do not get along very well. i did it again this morning with the celtic salt, and i could just barely get it down without gagging it back up. it took almost 3 hours to eliminate it, during which time i felt so sick and nauseated. they say you can just have the tea in the eve and morning instead, and although it wouldn't have the same washing/flushing effect, it will be ok. i just can't go through another 3 hour agonizing morning again.

otherwise, i feel great once i get some lemonade in and start my day. i have plenty of energy and lots of determination to go my 21 days.

pam, do you still drink the senna tea every night? glad to hear you are doing well. you have a good day, too!

Date: August 26, 2008 08:53PM

The salt water flush is something I dread so I have been not doing that these past days. I have been getting tired of the maple so I switched to agave. My tongue is still a little white in spots but as long as I drink this stuff I have energy and a positive attitude. I am haveing a cup of pepermint tea every once in a while just for a change I have to keep reminding myself just why I am doing this. Sometimes I want to eat everything I see but I want to keep on till my tongue clears up.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables