Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: master cleanse
Posted by: marsh ()
Date: August 26, 2008 09:34PM

i just got some really good support on the master cleanse board, so i am going to continue with the dreaded salt flush.

i think i've been using too much salt because i wasn't measuring it properly. i was just taking a teaspoon out of the silverware drawer (not a measuring spoon) and using two big heaps in the 32 oz of water. they say to use two LEVEL teaspoons with a measuring spoon. i compared what i've been using with the correct amount and it was almost doubled! ha! so, i am hoping that tomorrow it will go a little easier for me. someone also said that as i progress through the cleanse that it should go through me alot faster than the 2-3 hours it's taken so far.

it gave me alot of encouragement to continue with the flushing when they reminded me that most everyone has challenges with it, and that it is so important to flush out the toxins that are stirred up and released with the lemon mix. so, i decided that it's just not the same to skip the flush and use the lax tea only. i figure if i'm going to make the sacrifice to do this cleanse, i'm going to do it all the way so i can get all i can from it.

what day are you on, pam, i lost track. this is day 3 for me. also, how much salt / water have you been using in your flush?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 27, 2008 03:15AM

I do agree about the salt flush because I have not done the salt flush for two days now and I sure feel awful I am haveing a hard time staying on this fast and I also forgot to put the cayanne in my drink today I think that makes a difference as well. Tomorrow will be a better day for me.
Pam

Date: August 27, 2008 04:53AM

i can't believe all the extra energy i have. even though i feel the detox happening, i have more energy than when i started, and i was drinking coffee or tea. this energy feels so much clearer and better than the "fake" jittery lift of caffeine. it feels so good to clean out my body and mind. i think i feel better than i look, though- my eyes have the biggest, darkest circles under them. i look ill and feel better. i know it's the toxic stuff coming out. looking forward to another day.

I'm wishing you a good day tomorrow, pam,and i'm wishing me a good salt water flush in the morning!

marsh

Date: August 27, 2008 05:34PM

we seem to be the only ones on this path, I did the salt flush and feel much better to keep going on this cleanse. I am so relieved to not really have to have food right now its like a vacation.

Glad to hear you are feeling better marsh I am too

Pam

Date: August 27, 2008 10:23PM

hi pam-

i agree, in fact i was just thinking that today about not having food. when i think of all the energy and effort involved in deciding what to eat, preparing it, eating it, cleaning up afterwards....it's like i'm so free. my husband has been sort of fending for himself for the most part, and i am making simple things for my daughter. it really is a blessing that i can just have this time to cleanse without alot of kitchen work.

today feels sooooo loooong. i felt great this morning, and now i'm so tired. all i want to do is lay around. i guess that means lots of inner work is going on smiling smiley.

i saw you on the master cleanse website board today. i read alot of posts there, and have gotten some good support, especially with my difficulty with the flush (which went so much better today). check out the thread called "general help for the newbie's" if you get a chance. so much helpful stuff there.

i'm glad you're still going at it,and i know all of this will be so worth it.

take care,
marsh

Date: August 28, 2008 01:56AM

the master cleanse site is packed full of great information, I love it. I feel much better today since I did the salt flush but my energy level is not up because I have not drank enough of the juice. I am haveing a better understanding of the body yesterday I did not do the salt flush and I was craving food but today I am not craving food.

I still have to deal with food as my family still has needs but my older daughters are cooking more but I smell the foods and see them and clean up their meals.

I go through times with high energy and then get tired fast and that is only when I don't drink the juice but in the evening I really look forward to bed.

My tongue is still coated so I am going to continue this fast.

I got some more lemons they are 89cents each but limes are two for a doller, I mix them in my drink but I am going to have to go back to the health food store to get some maple syrup and that is expensive about 10.00 each and that lasts only two days. Its still a cheap diet

Glad you are still on board marsh
Pam

Date: August 28, 2008 02:45PM

i am on day 5 now! i'm feeling tired in the afternoons, but generally much more energetic than i expected to having not eaten for days now. the salt flush is not bad now. i read more about them, got my ratios of salt/water right, and am having a much easier time. i actually couldn't imagine not doing them now that i see all the yuk that was in me and coming out after i flush.

i'm out of syrup now, and lemons. i use a mix of lemons and limes, the limes are much cheaper. here i can get them for 7 for a dollar! the lemons are almost a dollar each. today i'm going to get organic syrup, i had gotten conventional before, and then read that they sometimes process it with formaldehyde or something...i'm switching to organic now.

i love the master cleanse website. isn't it great? so many other people to network with and read their story. i feel like i'm not in this by myself. and there's so much valuable information- i think without that, i would have stopped the salt flush on the 2nd day.

so, i'm off to the store now. i hope you are doing well, pam, and i'll look for your posts on the mc website.

here's to our increasing good health!
marsh

Date: August 28, 2008 04:07PM

This is day 15 on the master cleanse for me and I am feeling tired of lemon juice but I am also feeling like I am on the edge of getting some great results.

Great,Marsh day five already??? Keeep it up
I too have to go get some maple syrup.

Date: August 28, 2008 04:44PM

wow. day 15! that is great!

i'll be glad when this mild headache that's constantly in the background goes away. i know it means i'm detoxing, and that's good.

i'll check in again later.

love, marsh

Date: August 28, 2008 07:35PM

I had a three day headache I think it is mostly comming off of coffee. I am feeling cranky now I don't like it when I get short tempered. I get tired in the evening and can't wait till I go to bed. I cant wait till I start eating but I intend to only juice for a while first.

Date: August 28, 2008 11:41PM

i also look forward to bedtime, which comes earlier now for me. this fast makes me really tired and kind of weak. i think it's the detox. today i was hungry, but i had extra lemonade and that helped.

networking with other people fasting is my greatest help right now. i don't think i ever would have gotten this far alone. how long are you going to do this cleanse? i'm going for 21 days.

Date: August 29, 2008 10:07PM

I am haveing serious thoughts of ending this fast. I have been very tired and getting bored with the lemon juice. My gums are bleeding when I brush my teeth, I mean really bleeding. I am not sure if that is so good of a thing. I could go on fasting but I also got this watermellon and it is sitting there haunting me.

So far this morning I did the salt flush and drank some of the juice its about 3:00 today. I wanted to stop theis fast and continue juice fasting.

Date: August 30, 2008 03:08AM

I ate watermellen only today... It was goodsmiling smiley

Date: August 30, 2008 04:24PM

i think that was 17 days or something for you!?!? great job, pam! i am on day 7 today. this has definitely been a journey of ups and downs for me. i am headed for 21 days, so i'm 1/3 of the way there.

the headaches have been so intense, hopefully today i won't get one.

how do you feel now that you are eaitng again?

Date: August 30, 2008 08:35PM

I have only eaten watermellon yesterday and I had some pineapple today. I will need to drink some smooth move tea and get the body working. I have to remind myself the door is not yet open to eat at will. I was thinking of just juicing but I just caved in. My tongue was fairly clear but I think it could have been clearor. I am makeing several changes in my diet and am walking lightly and needing to keep reminding myself of my goal.

I did get a parasite cleanse at the store today and am intending on giveing it a try

Keep on with your goal, marsh it will benifit you greatly.

Date: August 30, 2008 10:28PM

thanks, pam.

and good job for going as long as you did. i guess i'll switch over to the master cleanse board, now. nobody else here is fasting. stop by the other board sometime and say hi if you want. it's been great having you as a cleansing buddy to keep me going.

take care,pam.

love, marsh

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 03, 2008 01:56AM

HI ALL
I DID THE MASTER CLEANSE ABOUT A MONTH AGO, SO I WONT BE JOINING. HOWEVER IM HERE FOR SUPPORT OR ADVICE ON THE CLEANSE. I FOUND THAT AFTER THE FIRST THREE DAYS I WAS CRUISE CONTROL, NOT ONLY DID I FEEL GREAT I LOST 16 POUNDS, AND WENT RAW RIGHT AFTER THAT. ITS BEEN TOUGH GOING RAW BUT I FEEL 10 BETTER NOW THA I DID. IM NEW AT THIS AND AM ABOUT 50-75 PERCENT AT THE MOMENT. I ALSO ORDERED A FEW BOOKS ON RAW FOODS TO HELP GUIDE ME THROUGH THE TRANSITION!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables