Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Birth Control..
Posted by: ashleekanaan ()
Date: August 19, 2008 11:53PM

Hi All :-)
I have another question in hopes someone could answer;
I have wanted to stop taking birth control for a long time now, but have not because I have feared getting pregnant. I have been on birth control for almost 6 years now (awful I know) I take an oral contraceptive but have decided in full that as now ( i just finished my pack) I will not be re-starting my birth control. I have not had a period in 3-4 months..I'm very active and noticed a pause in my menstrual cycle with a decrease in my body fat percentage...My boyfriend and I both certainly do not want children, I have heard that there are certain herbs used to impair fertilization, what are they? And additionally and more importantly are they effective enough to be reliant upon? any one with answers that would help me out would be greatly appreciated :-) Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Birth Control..
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 20, 2008 02:23AM

there is some info here
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: August 20, 2008 08:36AM

Ashleekanaan,

I too stopped taking oral contraceptives but in my case after about 18 years of use! My periods were completely erratic and then stopped. Taking Vitamin B12 supplementation started them back up right away. After just 1 day dose, I started ovulating again. There is a strong link between VB12 deficiency and menstruation. It is not uncommon for vegetarians to be slightly deficient in VB12 because of the lack of animal product consumption.

I don't know much about the use of herbs but I do know that I can tell exactly when I am ovulating now where before I couldn't. Many women who do not wish to use artificial hormones rely on natural planning methods that involve monitoring your body's cycles. Knowing when you ovulate is very important. In all honesty, I don't know much about it but I think if you search on this forum for 'natural birth control' or on the Web you should be able to get information.

Good luck.

Patty

Posted by: ohitsclaire ()
Date: August 20, 2008 01:38PM

i was on them for 6 years... for my bones (i needed the estrogen)... and then got off them... miserable. My hormones would not return to the right levels (nothing to do with BC...it was more just me) ...my mother also had an BC induced stroke due to migraine, age combination.

and as much as i wanted to stay OFF them...i had to go back on them.

if its the one conventional thing i have to do, then i'm ok with that. we do all we can do.... have peace with that... and keep a clean mind that you're still mountains above regular consumers who pump god only knows how many meds everyday.
best

c

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables