Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Keeping Motivated
Posted by: khale ()
Date: June 24, 2006 02:49PM

hi guys...

We all know and accept that including more raw fruits and veggies in our diets is extremely important to maintaining health and vitality throughout our lives. Many of us are working to move into a 100% raw fruits and veggies diet. Some of you are already there. But knowing this and doing it consistently in the Fast Food capitol of the World (or anywhere) is another matter.

What motivates you, and perhaps even more important, what KEEPS you motivated?

How do you handle slip ups and failures? What do you tell yourself to get back on track?

What is your ultimate purpose in striving for optimal health?

Inquiring minds want to know!

peace to you,

~K

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Keeping Motivated
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 24, 2006 02:57PM

Having a life when I eat raw keeps me motivated.

When I don't consciously do the things that keep me healthy and just fall into what is "normal" in the society around me I get so many health problems!

However I will say that I never enjoyed cooked food eating as MUCH as I enjoy raw eating.

Posted by: chilove ()
Date: June 24, 2006 03:21PM

Remembering how sick and depressed I was on cooked is a huge motivator. :-)

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 24, 2006 05:08PM

-I've determined what I think to be the best quality of food - and I make that my priority. The same thing with anything else in life. What other motivation is there, other than to choose what YOU think are the highst things....and incorporate them? THAT'S self-actualization in the true sense.

-David Mason

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 24, 2006 05:49PM

putting myself out of any heart attack risk is one of my biggest motivaters. I want to see my kids grow up and be there for them as they experience lives of their own. Having had one open heart surgery, I don't want to have to worry about that ever again.

Date: June 24, 2006 07:48PM

davidzanemason Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> -I've determined what I think to be the best
> quality of food - and I make that my priority. The
> same thing with anything else in life. What other
> motivation is there, other than to choose what YOU
> think are the highst things....and incorporate
> them? THAT'S self-actualization in the true
> sense.
>
> -David Mason

Hey thanks everyone for your responses. David Mason touches on something that is key for me as well. Freedom.

I've been fortunate to enjoy pretty good physical health in all my 49 years, so apart from losing a tooth to periodontal disease in March, and slowly developing a need for reading glasses during this past year, I've been lucky. My SPIRIT though was getting weak. I found myself lacking enthusiasm. My passion for the many things that interest me was dwindling. I lacked a strong sense of direction and found myself bone tired at the end of the day without any sense of fulfillment. So, my motivation is as much spiritual as it is physical. Also, my friends are getting old, while I have to be reminded that I'm 49. There are so many things that I want to do and accomplish yet that I don't have time for aging.

Can anyone relate?

peace,

~K

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: June 24, 2006 09:02PM

Khale,

Yes.

Although I've always been a total weakling, here I am at 55 getting ready to start a new job and training for the marathon (I'm now running 5 miles a day - never thought I could do that!).

Some of my friends are already saying they're ready to die. It's sad, or maybe it's SAD.

Best wishes and peace to you too, -Ally

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 25, 2006 01:19AM

-I hear you.

-I think what people lack is not motivation.....but true grit HONESTY. Couple THAT with the disease of COMPARISON.

-What I mean is.......instead of being honest with the level that you are AT and working with that.....and making advances on that......people instead often occupy their minds by making unconscious comparisons with other people and other situations.

-If you can be honest with where you are at.....you will dig down inside....and find something very honest and simple that you ARE motivated to do.......that maybe you talked yourself out of......or thought you didn't deserve it. And hopefully you won't talk yourself out of it.....or think you don't deserve your dreams....because you do.

-Don't sell the dreams you should be keeping. Be honest about them - even if you have to start small. Others may not understand....but they will understand your passion.

-Don't dream about the house you DON'T have.......improve the one you DO have....and search for ways to find a larger one if you want. Inspiration exists....but it has to find you working (Picasso).

-Just some thoughts.

-David Mason

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 25, 2006 01:44AM

Glad you liked those Picasso quotes Dave. smiling smiley

My motavation is always remembering to pay attention to what works. smiling smiley

Date: June 25, 2006 01:39PM

Ally Wrote:

> Although I've always been a total weakling, here I
> am at 55 getting ready to start a new job and
> training for the marathon (I'm now running 5 miles
> a day - never thought I could do that!).

Now THAT'S motivating!

My teachers say that it's a good idea to always be moving in the direction of a new form. Or as Aleister Crowley once wrote, "Change is the only stability there is."

Thanks again for the thoughts,

~K

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 25, 2006 02:11PM

i like davey mason's grounding advice

that's what keeps me motivated

wink

Posted by: Suzie ()
Date: July 26, 2006 03:59AM

davidzanemason Wrote:
> -I've determined what I think to be the best
> quality of food - and I make that my priority. The
> same thing with anything else in life. What other
> motivation is there, other than to choose what YOU
> think are the highst things....and incorporate
> them? THAT'S self-actualization in the true
> sense.
>
> -David Mason

I LOVE this post! Although, I have my own interpretation of it, which is different than khale's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2006 04:02AM by Suzie.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 26, 2006 12:48PM

oh yeah

i liked the picasso quote too
my house is made of artichokes for walls and broccoli for the ceiling
i walk on lettuce leaves

it's rpetty hard to IMPROVE my house
but i be tryin
cuz that's the amerrrrican way

heh heh!

Posted by: blissmummy ()
Date: July 26, 2006 04:12PM

my love and health and gratitude keep me motivated

my fear and yearning and complacency and doubt trip me up

in appreciation!

love, Adrienne

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: July 26, 2006 07:11PM

A lot of factors keep me motivated. For years I've stuggled with heartburn and then led to acid reflux. I was in constant pain. Never knew why. Went on medicine, never worked. Now, I don't have any more heartburn. I do get occasional reflux if I eat steamed veggies. So now I just tell people that I'm on a diet to prevent heartburn and to reach a state of well-being.
I've always had this thirsty feeling after an hour of eating. It was so annoying. Then I just felt like my belly was heavy with food. I am 26, 5' 2", 105 lbs. now and feeling lighter than at 115lbs. I feel like I can keep up with my kids. When we go to the park, I don't think to myself, "I want to get out of here." Or not going outside because it is too hot. Now I feel cooler and able to withstand being outside in the heat for a little bit. To feel the innocence again like I did as a kid. To look at the clouds and the sky in wonderment. To hear the crickets chirping outside on a hot day and night. To feel the breeze on my face and feel one with the earth. To be at peace with myself, people and with God, not leaning on food as a crutch. To smell the herbs outside after a rain. To see the trees and not get depressed thinking that the trees looked so beautiful when I was a kid, why don't they look beautiful anymore. Now I feel connected with them.

There is a problem in America. Obesity. People dying of diseases. A lot of those come from food! There are so many people that are sick. If they would just grasp for the answer or be able to find the answers. I feel blessed that I found the answer. Also, hearing other people on this forum is a big encouragement, also. Thanks.

Oh, I wanted to add, that there are eating disorder tendencies from my family. My mother is bulimic. I want to help her to get well again if she will let me. If her psycology isn't totally messed up, which I fear it is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2006 07:21PM by shep252.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables