Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

skin and high fruit
Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: August 31, 2008 12:12AM

for you long time raw fooders, women specifically, what changes have you seen in your skin? do you see glycization and premature aging or does it help?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: skin and high fruit
Posted by: pineapple girl ()
Date: August 31, 2008 07:00PM

well,,,i am not a long time raw foodist, but i do it alot.

twice a month i eat sashimi or a large steak, (sorry to mention this everyone). sorry, sorry, sorry!

but other than that, i dont eat junk food at all! i stick to all raw, preferably fruit.

i had sashimi this last thursday, and now i have been eating nothing but raw pineapple,

grapes, and romaine, along with drinking kombucha.

so....to answer your question, when i go on my week or 3 week long fruit fasts,

my skin looks amazing! i am quite pleased with it, and get compliments from

people asking what is it that i do to make my skin so nice.

by the way, what is glycization?

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: September 01, 2008 12:33AM

my crows feet are almost gone and my complexion is fairly vibrant and even

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 01, 2008 05:11AM

>do you see glycization and premature aging

A diabetic person on a standard diet would. Or a person on a high purified fructose diet, such as lots of sodas.

>or does it help?

There are many anti-glycation substances in fruit. A high fruit diet is not the same as a high purified fructose diet. High fruit helps.

Besides, sun damage is going to be much more evident than glycation damage. A lot of raw foodists have sun damage because they deliberately seek sun exposure.

Date: September 01, 2008 03:17PM

disclosure=i am NOT a long time raw foodist
patty

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: September 01, 2008 03:38PM

dewey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> my crows feet are almost gone and my complexion is
> fairly vibrant and even

What are your poor crows going to land on when they get tired of flying?
I think you need to ask yourself a very serious question here.
Is a vibrant complexion worth it when those crows have to pay such a heavy price?

Be careful patty, "The Ministry for the Protection Against the Mistreatment of Imaginary Animal Names and Body Parts for Purposes Other than what was Intended" might have something to say about this...

Date: September 01, 2008 03:47PM

ooops my apologies to the court
LOL

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 01, 2008 04:15PM

dancer,

Are you still smoking at this point? Smoking closes off the circulation in the skin and ages it. If you've quit at this point, how long has it been since you quit? It could take some time for the body to heal the skin, and this is the effect you may be noticing right now, as the body removes toxins out, your skin is affected. But with enough healthful lifestyle habits and time, your skin should come back to looking its youthful self.

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: September 01, 2008 04:44PM

dewey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ooops my apologies to the court
> LOL

Never mind apologizing young lady, just put those feet back on the crows where they came from! LOL

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 01, 2008 06:10PM

High fruit folks who spend a lot of time in the sun usually tend to have skin that looks older than it's chronological age, IMO.

Posted by: yogi33 ()
Date: September 01, 2008 07:51PM

all I know is I can ALWAYS tell when my mom has been juicing and eating a diet heavy in raw foods...her skin glows! As for myself, I am 45 and I get a shocked reaction when I 'disclose' my age smiling smiley

Posted by: ohitsclaire ()
Date: September 01, 2008 09:19PM

honestly? i've been mostly raw for years and now am 90-100% all the time.

my skin? no improvement. in fact, i'm still breaking out....could be hormonal? i'm hoping even more raw helps to figure the skin out.

best.

c

Posted by: Nywyn ()
Date: September 02, 2008 04:09PM

I've been high-fruit since January, so not exactly long-term; however, there have been tremendous improvements in my skin! I used to constantly have chapped lips that are now smooth and supple. Also, the skin on my chest was slowly getting some fine wrinkles that have now smoothed out. Everything is so soft and smooth and clear. My complexion has tremendously improved. I have wonderful coloring in my face that gets commented on quite often.

High-fruit is amazing for skin!

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: September 02, 2008 07:49PM

When I was eating very high fruit and little to no fat, my skin was the nicest it has ever been. Then I ate high fat raw for a few days and my skin wasn't as smooth and it almost seemed to be thicker, or something, especially on my face.

I think high fruits are definitely helpful for having beautiful skin. Well, it could be the decrease in fat, as well, that helps the skin. Maybe both of those things work together. I have no idea. :-P On high fruit and low fat, however, my skin is so much nicer!

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: September 02, 2008 10:07PM

Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate your insight.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables