Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

ALKALINE/apple fast
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: September 05, 2008 01:01AM

[www.essense-of-life.com]

Apples are on the ALKALINE list, as are pretty much all fruit.
Im going 30 days or more on just apples, a cleansing period, apples are in season here and aboundant so Im indulging.
Im wondering if you eat 100% ALKALINE I wonder if my PH level will become too alkaline. Last I checked my PH level using those strips i was in the mid range.
I havent checked my PH level since going fruitarian over six months ago and im curious as to what the test result will be. I need to get some strips and check it.
Hey F1, I bet your pH is perfect! I know you dont worry about that kind of thing, well I dont eathier other than disease CANNOT exist in an alkaline body!
Rob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ALKALINE/apple fast
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 06, 2008 04:58PM

Disease can exist in an alkaline body. I know a raw foodist who juices a lot of dark leafy greens, takes superfoods, has a super alkaline body, but his body is not absorbing all the minerals he eats and he is becoming demineralized. He also has some fungus growing on his skin. Being too alkaline can also lead to problems.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: September 06, 2008 05:31PM

Good luck Rob.

That makes sense Bryan, we often hear so much about obtaining an alkaline body and we don't stop to consider you can also experience extremes on the other end of the spectrum. I'm sure it's about attaining balance like anything else. I think if you eat what your body seems to want and/or fast when you get the calling to do so, this balance will eventually take place naturally.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: September 06, 2008 10:50PM

Yeah, being alkaline is about balance. It's also about having "good flora" in your gut or you can get misleading readings even if you were to check your PH.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 06, 2008 11:57PM

Arnold Ehret felt that Apples and Raisins (Grapes) made
a Perfect Food combination, and one could live indefinitely
on them. I think a 30-day Apple Diet, without the raisins,
would be perfect for a Cleanse.....much better than some of
the others that are floating around...like the Master Cleanser,
and the dreaded 92-day Juice Feast.......WY

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: September 07, 2008 12:10AM

Why such extremes? Why 30 days of only apples when you can get pretty much the same results on mono eating apples, oranges, bananas, grapes, watermelon and working out? Wouldn't that be less stressful? I wonder? Anyway, if it works for you...

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 07, 2008 12:56AM

brian1cs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why such extremes? Why 30 days of only apples when
> you can get pretty much the same results on mono
> eating apples, oranges, bananas, grapes,
> watermelon and working out?
The tendency is to overeat when a wide variety
of foods, even Fruit, is eaten. This compromises the Cleanse....WY

Date: September 07, 2008 02:40PM

I just read in an article that diesease cannot exist in an alkaline body, but overalkaline isnt good either which is why i asked the question. Apples are alkaline and if this is all im eating wouldnt it make me too alkaline, but this is also a fast, a cleanse, which I cant think of anything better to use for a mono fast other than grapes or oranges. and orange season is over but grapes are still going for another month.I dont think it is an extreme, if you love apples ,eat them, or grapes,oranges,whatever.Plums are acidic so maybe I should do an apple/plum fast, this will balance things huh. Ive been thru 4 boxes of apples in the last month and im still eating them. I got 2 more cases friday.So I have about 80 lbs of apples and Im eating TONS of them, I feel lighter and very energetic! "why so eatreme?"" this is the criticism I get for being fruitarian"there are so many foods out there, why just fruit?" because I love fruit, fruit is the healthiest food and it isnt processed or canned,boxed,made in a factory, it comes right off the tree or vine from the earth. Yea sure so do vegetables, but fruit is more appealing to me. When i was on the SAD diet for about 2 years straight all I ate was MEAT! Steak,hamburger,chicken turky, that was it and some jokingly called me a meatatarian! kinda like the Wendys commercial with that hamburger and the meatatarian. I lived off my BBQ grill DAILY!
now that im fruitarian people who know me say Ime being too EXTREME!
Now meat repulses me becasue until I went raw over a year ago then to fruitarian over six months ago i never thought about meat like i do now.
It is DEAD ANIMAL flesh,ugh its discusting and I cannot believe I was putting that in my body! But i was also smoking and drinking a lot of beer too! same thing,
I cannot believe I was inhaling SMOKE and putting so much ALCOHOL in my body, but now im fruitarian and my family and friends say im extreme. or my favorite one I hear "we only live once why not eat and drink what you want?"
Well sure we only live once so why not LIVE instead of poison ourselves!
Oh yea and about the BBQ grill, it isnt just the meat thats poison, think of the fumes and gas etc from the bricketts and gas grills thas being smoked into the meat! All very bad!
It is my believe that people wouldnt even eat meat if it didnt have SALT,PEPPER,BBQ SAUSE,etc etc, just the plain piece of meat or chicken whatever is pretty bland so its not the meat anyway that people like its the CONDIMENTS!
Anyway, i used to take the alkaline tests with those strips and i dont think they worked anyway because they never changed color, always stayed the same as they were right out of the box so i feel i was ripped off. I did the tests exactly as the instructions said to and they never changed.My mom started eating about a 95% fruit diet about a month ago and shes dropped 33 lbs! and she looks great and says she feels wonderful, shes 61 the 10th of this month.
My mom and dad are finally believing me and my brother is coming around and my little sister too but my oldest sister is still thinking Im being extreme, so ive gained a lot of ground with my family in 6 months.
Rob

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: September 07, 2008 03:18PM

some great sages and masters might only live once...
myself, i prob have a few hundred more to go

<"we only live once why not eat and drink what you want?" >

congrats on all the progress you've made
and good luck on your apple journey
are you doing a variety of apples
or just one kind?

Date: September 07, 2008 05:02PM

Thanks fruitgirl, I have gaylas and fujis.
it ticks me off down the street thease people have a tree FULL of big red beautiful apples and are doing nothing with them!
theyre just falling off and rotting, theyre not picking them!
but yet i feel too stupid to knock on their door and ask them if i can pick them.
Jeez what a WASTE!
And thease people have a couple of BBQ grills in the backyard!
Rob

Date: September 07, 2008 05:20PM

dude you gotta save those organic beauties
knock on the door and offer a trade

im sure they'll be happy for you to take them ALL!!!

we have golden delicious in our courtyard
i collect every morning at 6:30

Date: September 07, 2008 05:27PM

I know, i run by there every day when im out running and theyre still there noone picking them but im just not one odf those who can go up to someones door and ask if i can pick from their tree, i feel stupid and lame. But yet i feel theyre stupid and lame for doing nothing with the apples.
Rob

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: September 07, 2008 06:13PM

^^^ Awww go ahead and knock on their door. Not "stupid" at all. The worst thing that can happen is they'll say no. I doubt it...they'll probably be elated you're picking their apple tree or maybe they'll be inspired to pick it and not let them go to waste. Instead of calling them stupid just appreciate they just might not be where you are. You've got a gift to share..."awareness".

Peace & enjoy your fast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2008 06:14PM by rawangel.

Date: September 07, 2008 06:39PM

your right i shouldnt call them stupid,theyre not stupid but sure wasteful you know

Date: September 07, 2008 10:13PM

offer them a trade

ask what you can give them

and say what skills or goods you have to share

im thinking they will invite you to collect and pick
all you want
all season
every year

Posted by: flash ()
Date: September 10, 2008 06:22PM

I recommend you offer your labor picking the apples in exchange for a bushel or two. Chances are they will let you keep all you pick. I do this with olives in my neighborhood.

flash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables