Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mindful eating - smiling smiley
Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: September 05, 2008 07:12PM

I am currently attending a meditation class. One bit of our homework is to eat a meal mindfully. Now here are things that people have reported to eat mindfully:
1 almond
raisins
and last class two people had had an apple for their mindful meal.

Not one participant chose to 'mindfully eat' a pizza, doughnut or a hamburger...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mindful eating - smiling smiley
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 05, 2008 09:02PM

One time after a water fast I played with taking an hour to eat a single apple. At the time, it was quite fun.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 05, 2008 09:52PM

Yes. Harder to be mindful....when you can't trace the food back to the source in your mind (processed food is much harder to do this!). winking smiley

-Think about the BEST time you ever had. When you were the MOST carefree. You were probably outside - probably with the people you love. Mindful food....and mindful living! winking smiley

-Humans that don't like themselves....or like the world....must seek complicated solutions that involve suffering. No one will do the easy stuff because its free....and not hard enough....and 'too little'. Ha! ha!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: September 06, 2008 12:05AM

Once I was in an eating disorder treatment center and they gave us all one raisin to eat mindfully. I realized I had never ever really looked at a raisin or tasted it. To become fascinated with it, to see its pattern up close, to feel its texture, and to trace every fiber as it hit all parts of my mouth was nothing short of miraculous. Amazing!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables