Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

allergy test
Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: September 11, 2008 12:15AM

I just got the results back from a state of the art food sensitivity test called Leap. The results were disheartening. I am allergic to almost everything. Fruit wise, I am allergic to bananas, cherries, strawberries, grapes, apples, pears, avocadoes. A ton of veggies. Pretty much all nuts and seeds and legumes. I am OK with quinoa, amaranth, millet, fish, game, chicken, lamb, olive oil. The question is what do I do from here? Fast to try and heal myself and reboot my immune system and rebuild my gut. Or follow a paleo type diet of veggies and protein. I am not comfortable with fruit right now b/c my fungal and bacterial levels have gotten worse. I wish I could just lay in bed and drink water. But I don't think I could do it on my own. I get too bored and turn to food to pass time. Would veggie juice fasting be a good option? What would you do? Aside from mono eat melon, papaya, oranges, figs, or blueberries.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: allergy test
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 11, 2008 01:29AM

It sounds frustrating. Here's my opinion: get beyond initial myriad food issues by eating a simple diet of the staples you know react OK to your system. Eat healthy-er 'transitional' foods....even if they are processed or not as healthy as you would like. Live for 30 days food-issue free....and then seek to refine one's diet with small changes in the proper direction. I would definitely seek to have lived a healthy diet for 6 months before doing any sort of juice fast, mono-eating or other issue....and allowed food to be my medicine (and a freedom from concern from diet).

-Find a simple and short activity program that gets you up and moving 3 days a week (Mon/Wed/Fri).

-As far as basic tools....mono-eating with foods you KNOW react well in your system can certainly set you up for better digestion.

-Just my experiences.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: September 11, 2008 01:56AM

Hi, Dancer. . .

Very interesting!

Well, if I were you, I believe I would LOVE to eat very simply for a while. I would probably choose to live on melons and oranges for a while. I've been mostly living on melons myself lately, anyway. The cantaloupes and honeydews are outstanding right now.

And I imagine that if you were to do that, you would start feeling better in very short order, and you will most likely lose your sensitivity to those other fruits, as well.

The great thing about eating juicy fruit is that you can eat as much as you want, any time you want, no problems. Fruit feels so soothing and comforting to your body and mind.

It might be worth a try for you.

: )

Love,
Julie

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: September 11, 2008 02:47PM

i would look carefully at what you can eat,
and then consider what seems like it would heal you.
what your body would respond well to-
and then i would consume
what heals your body.

peace-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables