Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What?? I have a COLD!!
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: September 11, 2008 01:41AM

ive been braggin lately how i never get sick, actually i havent been sick for more than a year, which is about right, I get a cold oh about every other year it seems. it seems with a clean healthy system we shouldnt get sick, I dont look at a cold as being "sick", it is our bodies way of cleaning out toxins. i think this is why most people get a cold at a seasonal change is because the body regularly cleans out at the change of seasons,others who get sick more regularly apparently arent as clean inside out you know, like SAD people. theyre constantly putting poisons and toxins in their bodies and so their immune system isnt as strong as raw foodists or fruitarians. i dont consider myself superior over SAD people or anything like that but i do feel because of living a healthier lifestyle like i do
is why i dont get sick all that often, matterfact it is very mild compared to others who i know are sick, like my sister whos been fighting a cold for a couple weeks. I bet im over it by tommorow or friday and really all it is so far is a runny nose and an occasional stuffy left nostril. why the left side and not the right i dont know! anyway it sux being sick which is one of the many reasons i am living this lifestyle!
Rob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What?? I have a COLD!!
Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 11, 2008 07:34AM

I went all summer without getting sick and got it last week. In this era of anti-biotics creating super-strong bugs, I wonder if raw is really a guarantee against getting sick, especially if you have close contact with school children or work in a hospital.

Posted by: shane ()
Date: September 11, 2008 12:40PM

I got a very intense thing on Sunday. It may have been something I ate, but I still haven't figured it out. I got some stomach pains, then quite suddenly, I was very hot and weak and my joints hurt. My whole body hurt -- skin, head, bones... All I wanted was sleep. So I laid pitifully in bed on Sunday and most of Monday, and briefly experienced what I thought was the flu.

Then, just as suddenly as it came, it was gone. The fever broke, my stomach and joints stopped aching, and I felt weak, but fine again. I was out of bed, and back to normal.

My method in fighting the thing -- whatever it was -- was to not move very much from bed, to not eat anything, and to drink only water. I turned off music, didn't watch television, and just slept.

Date: September 11, 2008 03:06PM

yea im fasting right now so far 13 hours without food,went to bed early last night,i already feel much better! fasting is the the thing to do when ya get sick so your body can use its energy on healing instead of digestion,and rest of course,just my opinion
Rob

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: September 12, 2008 03:25PM

exercise will make you feel better. Whenever I used to get colds I would work out and my head would always feel clearer. THEN again, I'm not a doctor, so don't take that to heart, that's my experience.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 12, 2008 11:32PM

Rob, You didn't mention whether or not that you exercise regularly. You can eat as healthy as we do but you must exercise. When I catch a cold, I don't know it for a few days, maybe til about the 3rd day. I usually catch a cold because, I'm a public servant and I shake peoples' hands everyday, too often. Also, we must be sure to get ALL the nutrients that our bodies daily need. I have a 7 point morning exercise regiment that I do every morning after I ROLL OUT OF BED. We were meant to move our bodies constantly in order to breath properly.

Ur pal, Al

Posted by: paragon1685 ()
Date: September 13, 2008 01:07AM

Eating Raw is not necessarily a guarantee of never
getting sick. Particularly if you're not living healthfully
in other ways. Stress, a lack of sleep, inadequate
fresh air/pure water/sunshine, etc. can contribute
to a toxic buildup; of which the body will seek to
eliminate in the form of a cold or some other body-
cleansing ailment.

What I've done throughout my Raw experiences is if
I feel something coming on, such as a cold, I merely
go very strict on the Raw foods, as well as focus on
other aspects of healthy living. (The biggest challenge
for me is to get adequate sleep.) That helps lessen,
if not totally eliminate, any symptoms of sickness.

Steve
[www.meetup.com]
[www.rawgosia.com]

Date: September 13, 2008 02:04PM

yes I run every other day, anywhere from 20 minutes up to 45. I havent been able yet to run a full hour (which is my goal) because of the tendon in the back of my left leg flares up and gets sore. but I am stretching more aggressively and hopefully soon i can get that full hour of running, its not that Im tired, i have plenty of air its just that around 40 to 45 minutes into the run thats it, my leg bothers me and i have to stop. And i notice also that after running i feel much better as far as the cold, it helps flush out the toxins by sweating and clears my head although this cold is nothing more than a runny nose and mild cough.
When i was on the SAD diet and i got sick i got the sore throat stuffy head body aches all of it but now when i do get sick which is not too often it is very mild and tolerable and i just fast and drink a lot of water. This cold lasted 2 days and now its just a litle runny nose is all that remains! its good to be healthy!
Rob

Posted by: mira ()
Date: September 14, 2008 05:57AM

gees, me too....I'm glad i'm not the only one feeling like...@#$%&!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables