Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Too many carrots????..
Posted by: ashleekanaan ()
Date: September 11, 2008 07:12PM

Hi all,
I need some advice or someone to answer a question
I Love carrots and have heard that they are quite easilly digested, well I have been eating more carrots than usual lately and today my bowel movement was PURE carrot with a bit of soft stool is this usual?? Maybe im eating too many carrots, or perhapss im having a hard time digesting them? Maybe the god awful amount of nut butter I ate the last 3 days is impairing my bodys ability to digest? Other symptoms include feeling quite full and a bit of pain in my right side, a bit of a sore throaat (left gland swollen), and hawking up some green gunk..Are these symptoms related? Any ideas would be quite appreciated
:-)Ashlee

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2008 07:12PM by ashleekanaan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Too many carrots????..
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 11, 2008 07:49PM

Carrot are rather fibrous.....and it is not unusual (for those eating larger amounts) to pass a good deal of that rough fiber relatively intact. Very cleansing. Don't worry about it. On the other hand, combining very cleansing foods with rather clogging foods (like processed nut butter, oils or fats) is not so good! Heh..heh. Eat as simple as you can until any illness or crisis passes. Then eat as reasonably, consistently and carefree as you can.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: September 11, 2008 07:57PM

David you have helped me on almost every post i have posted your amazing and i appreciate it greatly.

Posted by: wooway ()
Date: September 13, 2008 08:22PM

Ashlee, nice to meet you...

The nut butter is the red flag... You have inadvertantly given yourself a liver/gallbladder flush which has made your liver/gallbladder dump bile in large and protracted quantities which has made your carrots pass through quickly, and completely explains your soreness on "your right side" (which is the liver/gall area under and around the bottom ridge of the right ribcage to the lower part of chest..)...

Carrots are tasty and good I will concede, esp. when eating and not when juicing too many...

Take care, stay low fat, and drink your water...

Respect
informantc at yahoo dot com

Date: September 16, 2008 04:45AM

wow thank you so much for that wooway I have been searching for months for that answer i think, I have constantly had this pain in my side, and now it all makes sence, i seem to always feel sluggish after nuts and I can feel my digestion deteriorate..So conclusively what I am getting from what you said is that I need to stay low fat and no nuts..or in very small quantities..What do i do about the bile that is being dumped in large? I feel like its never ending? How did nut butter cause a liver/gallbladder flush? Thank you so much if you can answer these remainding questions I would appreciate it..Thank you to everyone!!
-Ashlee

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables