Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Books
Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: September 22, 2008 03:51AM

Anyone have tips on good books to read for a raw newbie? I have one, "Eating Raw for 1 or 2 People" and it's a great short newbie book, but I was looking for something more about why raw, how raw, lifestyle raw kind of book.

I know raw can be as simple as choose a fruit and eat it, and I'm not looking for a bunch of complicated recipes or anything, I just like reading and want to learn more about raw and the body.

Thanks!!

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Books
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 22, 2008 02:38PM

The first 'health' book I ever read was "Health Secrets
from Europe" by Paavo Airola. It seems pretty tame now,
and even contains much misinformation, but it was eye-opening
back then......WY
[www.abebooks.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 22, 2008 03:20PM

"Raw Life" by Paul Nison.
It is a humorous writing on how to transition from SAD to raw eating.

"Fit For Life" is good also in that it gets into how the body works and what correct eating really does for it.Its one of the books that led me to give up meat and dairy!!

"Hippocrates Diet",by Ann Wigmore is a good one too.Has recipes in it.

Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2008 03:23PM by Raw1228.

Posted by: annex ()
Date: September 22, 2008 04:13PM

I am a fan of Victoria Boutenko's books (12 steps to raw, green for life). I think she is good for supplying the logical reasons for being raw and why it can be difficult, which has helped me keeping being raw when i found transitioning difficult.

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: September 22, 2008 07:06PM

Arnold Ehret books, Shelton, Paul Nison books (the interviews are good to read), Doug Graham 80-10-10, Art Baker's Awakening Our Self-Healing Body (you can find on Amazon), Raw Secrets by Frederic Patenaude, Blatant Rawfoodist Propaganda by Joe Alexander, Fruit, the Food and Medicine for Man by Morris Krok---some of my personal favorites.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 22, 2008 09:36PM

The Best Raw Book is Tonya Zavasta's "Quantum Eating". It
not only promotes eating Raw Foods, but How to eat Raw Foods.
The book appeals to many, but only a few can practice the teachings.....WY

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 25, 2008 02:19PM

Quantum Eating is the 'definitive' raw food book for me, too. However, Tonya warns that newbies should read her earlier books first and not jump into quantum eating practices until they've been raw for quite awhile and are pretty well detoxified.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 25, 2008 06:05PM

only some passing advice about where to get your health information- don't get it from a recipe book- as most raw food books seem to be - especially the ones that are sold in physical stores- and be careful and cautious about getting your information from someone who is selling products in addition to information- as most raw food gurus seem to be. and take care to realize the source of where the information comes from, in addition to the intermediary through which it comes- whether that intermediary has no bias or agenda, but the source he or she got it from does. nature is not trying to sell things, and the best book is the book of nature

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: September 25, 2008 08:56PM

Books by Norman Walker. These include Become Younger and Fresh vegetable and fruit juices.

Wishing you vibrant health

Date: September 25, 2008 11:07PM

Can anyone recommend "Raw in 10 Minutes" or perhaps a better book for someone just starting out like myself? I need RECIPES to help motivate me with eating raw. I'm a newbie (still in kindergarten) when it comes to raw foods so photos and recipes will really help motivate me on this path. :-)

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: September 28, 2008 12:24AM

The Complete Book of Raw Food, Second Edition: Healthy, Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine Made with Living Foods * Includes More Than 400 Recipes from the World's Top Raw Food Chefs

I just got this in my email - onsale at amazon. Does anyone have it? I am thinking about buying it even though I am not huge into recipe books, I do use them every now and again. Any thoughts?

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: September 28, 2008 11:07AM

If you want a recipe book full of photos I'd recommend Matt Amsden's Rawvolution, or Juliano's Raw or check out my e-books: [www.comfortablyraw.com] Each recipe is complete with a color photo.
So far I've got books on ice cream, 'grill' recipes (burgers, fries, salads, onion rings, BLT, pie, etc. ) and one for children (or the child in all of us)!

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: September 28, 2008 03:43PM

Ron-PA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> photos and recipes will really help motivate me on this
> path. :-)

Some sites with photos of raw dishes are:

tofu666 collections
we like it raw
rawcuisine

These may or may not include recipes,but the visuals are enough to appeal to the eye.
Regarding the book you inquired about you may want to check out amazon.com and preview it to see if it fits what you are looking for.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: September 28, 2008 11:49PM

Mine was Juliano's raw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables