Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Nut Milk Bags
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 24, 2008 08:25PM

does anyone have some of these? i'd like to know what you think of them.

i saw them for sale online for over EIGHT dollars, holy cash grab! i want to see a better picture of them for size and design as well as read what the instructions say to see if i think i can make something similar for less money. maybe i can offer them for sale on ebay or something, they shouldn't be worth more than 2 or 3 dollars to be honest, there isn't much to them from what i can tell.

i can't believe that, 8 dollars! what a rip. and pyrex straws too, the glass comes in a tube already and all the glass blower has to do is cut them and torch the end for a second to smooth it out. my ex made some for me, it probably took him 2 minutes of work and it cost about 75 cents but they get sold for mega bucks. it's CRAZY!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nut Milk Bags
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: September 24, 2008 09:34PM

Hi coco:

A cheap alternative is to go to a paint store and ask for some paint straining bags (I think that's what they are called). They work excellent, and cost hardly anything. But I can't say how durable they are, I don't use mine very often. I think they were less than $ 1.00 each.

Before I discovered this, I asked at my health food store if they carried nut milk bags, and they looked at me like I had grown two heads or something. Their loss!

Sapphire

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 25, 2008 09:05PM

i'll try to make it to the hardware store and ask them what they've got. i really want to see a picture of a nut milk bag though, doesn't anyone have any of them? what makes them so special that they cost so much?
thanks!!!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 28, 2008 02:23PM

here you go:

(Sorry I couldn't make it any larger for some reason.)

I have made do with cheesecloth in a strainer in the past-- works pretty well with a little ingenuity, and it's cheap. I just throw the cheese cloth out and cut a new piece each time.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2008 02:25PM by kwan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables