Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dairy Info - Help please
Posted by: Natsroses ()
Date: September 27, 2008 12:36PM

Hi everyone!

My step son, who is in High School, has been given a project assignment where he has to debunk any "common belief" in our society. He chose to debunk the myth that milk/dairy is good for us. I am very proud if him for choosing this subject, because only few months back he would insist on having a big bowl of sugary cereal with milk for breakfast every morning, then drink more during the day. He always had CONSTANT sinus problems so I suggested to him to stop drinking/eating dairy for 2 weeks. I didn't buy any more milk and the test began. Well, unsurprisingly (to me) his sinuses problems got better after just a few days and practically went away by the next 2 weeks. He was amazed. A week or so ago he decided to have some dairy while staying a few day at a friends house and voilá, when I saw him after those 3 days his sinuses where bothering him again. He stopped the milk and was better in the few days following. He is converted now smiling smiley

OK, after all that, the thing I need help with is I was wondering if any of you have any RELIABLE information on this subject (it has to have some scientific/nutritional background for the project) that I can forward to him? It would help him immensely and maybe open some eyes in the process.

Thanks and much gratitude!

Nathalie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dairy Info - Help please
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 27, 2008 02:42PM

Perhaps try notmilk.com. It might be a good starting place to find some links to some research.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: September 27, 2008 04:16PM

I think the China Study has a lot of scientific stuff in it, might find something useful there, if he can get a copy? I haven't read it yet, so maybe someone who has might be able to elaborate?

Sapphire

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: September 27, 2008 04:39PM

here is another link with some facts [www.rense.com]

casein that makes up 87% of the protein in milk as one of the major cancer causing substances humans consume, and how interesting that the countries where breast cancer and osteoporosis are most prevalant are the countries with highest dairy consumption ie USA UK and Scandinavia

One study conducted with mice that were divided into two groups one eating 20% protein and the other 5% protein, the protein was casein, both groups were exposed to cancer causing agent alflatoxin. 100% of the group eating eating 20% casein got liver cancer and none in the 5% group did. More details P 47 of the china study.

Not to mention all the growth hormones mass produced milk are given, also the milk is filled with pus cells from sick cows.

Children also only have the enzyme rennin to digest casein up to age 3. adults do not.

More facts on www.notmilk.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 27, 2008 05:39PM

Dairy is BAD news

Posted by: jdc5390 ()
Date: September 28, 2008 12:22AM

I know about dairy and I think i have been allergic to it since i was a baby. The other day my mom told me she did however give me soymilk instead of regular milk. my question is I can eat Raw Cheese thats usually imported from european countries to no problem. Is it because its raw or imported that it makes me feel soo good. I eat it before I eat and I make sure my stomach is pretty empty. I know that Dairy is a trick subject and been wanting to try all these dairy Kefir and yogurt ALL RAW. Suggestions, Comments, let me know!

Date: September 28, 2008 12:59AM

The Milkmyths website is a good source of info:

[www.vegetarian.org.uk]

Links to breast cancer, skin problems etc

"Research showed that women who ate more than one-and-a-half
servings of red meat a day almost doubled their risk of breast
cancer (3). Another study showed that women who ate lots of
grilled, barbecued and smoked meats had a 47 per cent higher
risk of breast cancer and those who skimped on fruit and
vegetables drove their risk up a whopping 74 per cent higher (4)."

"Ovarian cancer is the fourth most common cancer among
women in the UK with around 6,900 new cases each year (1).
The sugar in milk (lactose) is a risk factor (2) and one study
showed that women who consumed the most lactose had
twice the risk of one type of ovarian cancer than women who
drank the least. It’s thought that a component of lactose
(galactose) may damage ovarian cells making them more
susceptible to cancer (3). Another study showed that women
who consumed four or more servings of dairy foods a day had
double the risk of ovarian cancer compared to low or nondairy
consumers (4)."

(Both quotes from PDF link above)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 28, 2008 01:13AM

jdc5390 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
...my question is I can eat
> Raw Cheese ...

just to let you know that this is a vegan website and discussions about eating non-vegan foods aren't really allowed. this may seem strict but if it's allowed to happen once, it will happen twice etc etc and then this isn't a place where only vegan discussion is happening.

there are a bunch of non-vegan raw sites where your question will get lots of replies.
cheers!

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: September 28, 2008 06:27AM

Is it ok if I do this answer to raw cheese as it is for this person's project against dairy.

Raw cheese isn't even raw as milk involves heating before fermentation, frederic patenaude and cheese as one of the top 5 worst foods you can eat this is what he says.

1- Fermented Cheese. Fermented, or ripened cheese is one of the most toxic foods known to man. The smallest quantity has a catastrophic effect on the system. It disturbs digestion and makes everything ferment in the digestive tract, so foods eaten don't benefit the body. According to Albert Mosséri, a European natural hygienist and researcher, fermented cheeses can create or exacerbate the following conditions: infection, fever, headaches, nausea, cold sensitivity, bad stools, bad digestion. Fermented (or ripened) cheese includes many French cheeses such as: camembert, roquefort, parmesan, blue cheese, aged goat cheese, brie, etc. Fresh or cooked cheese, aren't as bad, but are not recommended either. Their consumption leads to other problems. So in conclusion, no cheese is recommended for health, but fermented cheese should be avoided like poison

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: September 28, 2008 01:20PM

I 2nd The China Study.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Posted by: Natsroses ()
Date: September 28, 2008 01:37PM

Thanks you very much for all the info so far, it's great! I will pass it on to my step son today. Maybe he'll change some misconceptions smiling smiley

N.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables