Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I ate pizza/junk ....feel lousy....
Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: March 26, 2007 06:44AM

ok, well, I've been eating one (healthy) cooked meal per day..the rest has been green lemonade, which I have come to really like! But today my eating demons awoke and I had pizza, carrot cake(yes, with all the cream cheese frosting) and gingerale. I feel like total crap.....bloated, gassy, you name it. Should do nothing but juice tommorrow? I had no green juice today at all, and only ate the stuff mentioned above. Its to late at night to drink the juice, and I'm afraid it will make the indigestion/gassy feeling worse. Any suggestions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2007 06:45AM by dafodil.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I ate pizza/junk ....feel lousy....
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 26, 2007 08:29AM

wow sounds like you had a lovely day ( hee hee)

hope you enjoyed the pizza and carrot cake and satisfied your red bulging eyed demons

but the green lemonade sounds far more intriguing and fascinates me

whatdya PUT in it?

i wanna know!

Posted by: khale ()
Date: March 26, 2007 12:37PM

yeah, me too!

what's in the green lemonade?

but I'm not unsympathetic to your pizza plight. when I get off track like that I go as long as is comfortable the next day eating nothing at all, except lemon juice in water. Then, when I do eat I keep the food cleansing and raw and preferably loaded with good enzymes (papayas, pineapples are favorite after binge foods)

Maybe, just maybe, you would do better eating more fruits and vegetables during the times you're not eating cooked instead of just green lemonade all day, which although sounds good, doesn't sound very filling or satisfying. This may subdue the "junk monkey" better.

Course, as long as we are eating any cooked at all, we are gonna wrestle cravings and junk food temptations. Comes with the territory.

hope you feel better,

khale

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 26, 2007 02:13PM

Watch out for La Veronique. She heads the Faw food Police Force.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 26, 2007 02:27PM

dafodil,

If you are not hungry, don't eat. Otherwise, eating lightly might help. Its is feeling the consequences of my actions that allows me to avoid making the same mistake time after time.

Posted by: Felix ()
Date: March 26, 2007 02:53PM

dafodil Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ok, well, I've been eating one (healthy) cooked
> meal per day..the rest has been green lemonade,
> which I have come to really like! But today my
> eating demons awoke and I had pizza, carrot
> cake(yes, with all the cream cheese frosting) and
> gingerale. I feel like total crap.....bloated,
> gassy, you name it. Should do nothing but juice
> tommorrow? I had no green juice today at all, and
> only ate the stuff mentioned above. Its to late
> at night to drink the juice, and I'm afraid it
> will make the indigestion/gassy feeling worse.
> Any suggestions?

What is a healthy cooked meal? As far as raw foodists are concerned, if it's cooked, it's unhealthy. When I'mm overcome by cravings for some junk food, the next day I try to go as long as possible without eating anything but drink lots of water till the food gets out of the system.

Bryan makes sense. We learn by our mistakes and the consequences of the mistakes or bad choices. Then we work hard on trying not to repeat the mistakes.

Proverbs 15:17 (New International Version) "Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred."

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: March 26, 2007 05:19PM

>>What is a healthy cooked meal? As far as raw foodists are concerned, if it's cooked, it's unhealthy.

this kind of reverse logic is pretty dangerous. that any cooked food is poison therefore why not lapse on pizza and cake. read the thread about the boy and the bread. the whole point of eating natural foods and only natural foods is to allow your body to 'gain health' by essentially eliminating the ability to assimilate un-natural foods. if you have a biological disposition to eating spicy foods (tons of mucous) you can eat spicy foods. you can call that spicy food 'poison' and indeed it has a negative impact on the indivdual who is adjusted to eat spicy food. but theres no comparrison to the havok it would cause in someone who has cleansed, who doesn't have the 'defense' of the excess mucous.

for someone transitioning there sure is such thing as a healthy cooked meal

dafodil: this wasn't meant to freak you out about eating pizza. you should continue eating cooked food in the evenings until you are comfortable replacing it with another meal of fruit and/or salad (deffinetly keep 'healthy' options around and stocked in your appt and don't feel guilty about feeling satisfied with those). As for juice, you never want to do it in any situation when there is something in your stomach. this means probably not in the evenings in any case except before a meal and if you have a cooked meal, probably not until 12 hours or so the next day.

Posted by: llulu ()
Date: March 26, 2007 07:22PM

Green Lemonade:

Run through juicer:
4-5 Kale stalks
head of romaine
knob ginger
2 apples
1 lemon (unpeeled)
(I sometimes throw in wheatgrass, parsley or cilantro)

It is the best thing to get you energized in the morning if you are not particularly an AM person.

---------
For your own body and health, whether you are transitioning or need to slow down the cleansing process that your body and mind go through on raw, follow your instincts. Lightly steamed veggies are probably your best bet. I found that I needed to back off 100% raw at one point because of what felt like some real emotional detox -- I felt as if I was working through generations of my families emotional toxins that felt more important to get through sanely than being a purist. When it felt right I began moving closer and closer to 100% raw again. I'm not all there yet -- during the week I will go most days 100% but weekends tend to be looser because of family & socializing. But as spring kicks in, even family things & socializing will get easier raw because it gets to be fresh vegetable season again.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 26, 2007 07:39PM

Wild Rice is my favorite healthy cooked transition food. I chop zuccini, carrots and avocado and put them on the rice raw. Very satisfying. Pizza makes me feel the worst and chinese food is bad too. I have to go raw on my own time and saying goodbye to certain foods is necessary for my success. I think it is good for me to feel bad after because when I crave that food again I can look back on how it made me feel and I want it a LOT less. I remember cravings tasting better than they actually do.

Posted by: Devric ()
Date: March 27, 2007 02:26AM

Maybe you're gluten and/or lactose intolerant. Besides outwardly being the picture of health, I had horrible stomach problems for about ten years before going raw. After I went raw it all disappeared. But I couldn't leave well enough alone, so I started testing myself on some of the junk food I used to eat with the hope of isolating the culprit that had tormented me for so many years. I was so-so in a gross kind of way on dairy and fresh meat (crap I never liked anyways), but when I ate my beloved bread everything fell apart. I became bloated, gassy, nauseous, had headaches, the backs of my legs ached, I dealt with intense anxiety and mood swings, couldn't sleep, had what seemed like acid flashbacks at the worst possible times, etc. etc. Altogether, I was a wreck from eating two veggie burgers on buns. I didn't feel better again for 3-4 days, haven't touched anything with gluten since and currently feel great. I'd say to just get back on your good diet right away and learn from this experience. But yeah, look out for that gluten and dairy. Based on the palpable misery conveyed in your post, you might be allergic.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: March 27, 2007 08:52AM

no food cooked or fresh has ever made me feel worse then how pizza has made me feel.

I feel for you, baby. =(

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 27, 2007 09:34AM

hi

Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: March 27, 2007 08:23PM

Hey all...thanks for the input and advice..your right Bryan....I learned from those consequences.....its like when you stop drinking and then have two or three glasses of wine...HANGOVER! UGH! I can't handle that anymore either....I feel like my body is rejecting alot of stuff I used to eat all the time. As for the remarks about eating cooked=bad whatever...well, sorry, but I have to transition or else I get really sick. I have done it before, I know this much about my body. 100% raw right away does not work for me. The green lemonade recipe mentioned above is what I use...I do add cukes and celery in lieu of the romaine. I also like to add cilantro...it sounds odd, but its GOOD! I just finished a big glass of the stuff...Its like green crack...addictive.....LOL! But the good kind...Also, does anyone have any words about psyllium and weight gain? I took some yesterday, and have gone up on the scale by about 3 pounds.....Have a good one!
D.

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: March 30, 2007 09:51PM

Re: I ate pizza/junk ....feel lousy.... new
Posted by: dafodil (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2007 04:23PM
...Also, does anyone have any words about psyllium and weight gain? I took some yesterday, and have gone up on the scale by about 3 pounds....

psyllium is pure fiber
usually
one or 2 teaspoons are put in a small jar with a cup of juice or water
and shaken vigorously and drunk immediately , then followed with a chaser of another cup of water
as it forms a gel very quickly.

it is supposed to function as an intestinal cleanser ("intestinal broom"winking smiley.
it has no food value.

there can be no long term weight gain from it...
once it comes out one is back to baseline

it may be useful occasionally?
i experimented mixing it with aloe gel for a few days;
as part of a pre-fast cleanse.
but for me anyway, fasting is the only way to really allow
the bowel, & body to be well cleansed and healed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables