Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Aquasana water filter
Posted by: pippin07 ()
Date: September 29, 2008 05:04AM

Greetings!

Does anyone use, or have used the aquasana counter top water filter system? Can somebody offer some feed back on this product? I'm looking into purchasing some type of water filter system and this appears to be a decent product for the price.

I would really appreciate any comments good or bad.

Thanks in advance!
Denise

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aquasana water filter
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 29, 2008 02:29PM

pippin07 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Greetings!
>
> Does anyone use, or have used the aquasana counter
> top water filter system? Can somebody offer some
> feed back on this product?
The Aquasana looks like a good quality filter.
I have the 3-filter Crystal Quest undersink model. It was
a problem to install but worth the effort. The counter-top
models offer the same quality, and are much easier to install.
The main thing is to do something. I enjoy washing all my
produce with filtered water rather than Tap Water......WY

[www.crystalquest.com]

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: September 29, 2008 04:05PM

I bought one, but I've not been able to attach it to my tap, in my previous house or this one - I'm in the UK and I think the fittings are different to in the USA (where the filter is made I think)

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: September 29, 2008 06:47PM

It is OK. I used it for about a year and then it broke. The water seemed OK. I think one can do better. But for the price perhaps it is the best.

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: September 30, 2008 04:59AM

I had the Aquasana and it is a good at filtering water, however it is made as a throw away filter. Mine broke at the base just after I installed the replacement filter. There are quite a few complaints about that at Amazon.com. For that price, the filter casing should las a lot longer. Apparently you can get the filter casing replaced for free if you subscribe to some program. amazon.com should have more info. Personally, I do not recommend it.
This link might help you:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: pippin07 ()
Date: September 30, 2008 05:26AM

Thanks all for your feed back. Can I ask what some of you are using to filter your water? I live in an apartment so cannot install anything. That's why I was looking at the counter top style. At this time I am using a cheap one ($34.00) that I bought at the store called a Pur. It attaches to your faucet and claims to filter out 99.9% of the contaminates. I wonder if that is so.

Thanks again folks!
Denise

Date: September 30, 2008 07:44AM

The Pur website should have more info for you. I think that its a fairly popular brand and as good as or a little better than Brita if I recall correctly my web investigation.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 30, 2008 11:30AM

Aquasana countertops and other Aquasana filtration systems are good. They all meet the rigorous NSF certification and Californian certification. Not every filter is certified and certification is very important when you choose a water filter. I am sure you will not be disappointed with Aquasana any of the water filters.

Date: October 02, 2008 12:58PM

The reason I do not recommend Aquasasna is because they are not built to be durable. Amazon has many complaints about their poor durability. Although it does seem that the price of the Aquasana have come down quite a bit.

Date: December 10, 2008 06:07AM

So you mean That brand is not really durable... Amazon have many complaints about the durability of the product? 4396508

Posted by: SurfinBird ()
Date: December 10, 2008 03:21PM

I was looking at the counter top model as well pippen. It looked good to me, but I didn't like the idea of having a hose running from my faucet aerator to a small filtration box on the counter. The self contained units that attatch to your aerator like you already own seem a little better to me, if you can't do the under the counter option.

The Aquasana filters do filter out more contaminants than just about any other filter, but the one you have should filter out the majority of chlorine and heavy metals, which are the two biggest offenders.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2008 03:22PM by SurfinBird.

Date: January 14, 2009 06:36AM

This is a great service! Easy as pie! I was contacted by a few contractors, got some pricing, and found one that gave me a great price.

------------------
hesslei..

[www.countertopexpertsusa.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables