Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fruitarian and live in a COLD climate? Yry This!
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: October 01, 2008 12:42AM

6 red chili peppers 6 jalepenos 1 green pepper 1 red pepper 1 yellow pepper 2 apples 4 medium tomatoes

Slice everything above into small pieces with a knife on a cutting board. or In a food processer(Ive never tried a food processor,I just use a knife) put it all in a salad bowl,set aside.

1 medium tomato 1 small or medium avocado 3 or 4 limes (or lemon) (or both)

Slice up the tomato, put the avocado, and tomato in a bullet blender if you have one or a blender, juice the limes, I have a citrus juicer I got at walMart for about 6 bucks.

pour the lime juice in the blender with the tomato and avocado, blend it.

Pour the blended avocado/tomato/limes over the chopped up peppers,tomato,and apples and enjoy!

Its HOT! If you cant handle hot like that you can OMIT the jalepenos and red chili peppers but the HOT peppers are the cleansing part and also what HEATS you up when its cold! [home.howstuffworks.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fruitarian and live in a COLD climate? Yry This!
Posted by: lacombe ()
Date: October 01, 2008 02:20AM

that sounds great. it is still very warm here in western canada but the winters are cold and staying raw is challenging at that time. thanks for sharing.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: October 01, 2008 05:00AM

I just ate a whole durian every day for mid-January to the end of February. A WHOLE DURIAN.

Not sure which is more "hygenic," hehe... imported overt fat or soso many peppers... Ah, the challenges of a modern, non-tropical frugivore...

Sounds fantastic over apples... =)

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 01, 2008 08:43AM

WOWWWWWW!!!!

chili to the MAXXXXX!

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: October 01, 2008 04:33PM

my understanding is that

peppers don't cleanse

hot foods burn ones digestive tract

and there are better ways to stay warm

contrarian fruitarian

Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: October 01, 2008 06:10PM

If ya cold...wear warmer clothes!!!

Eating will take away more energy that could have been used to warm you up.

RB

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 01, 2008 09:02PM

hehe yea Richard is right ... the short term gain is a longer term loss ..

i really used to dig spicey foods when i was eating in more complicated times

now i see hot chillies in the supermarket and i can almost feel a layer of my stomach linging peeling off LOL tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: October 01, 2008 11:48PM

I agree with ya F-1 all the way! the LESS I eat the better I feel.
This is why im workin on the Quantim Eating where ya only eat between the hours of
10 am to 2 pm, the rest of the time youre fasting you know.
Problem is Im addicted to food as I was on SAD. For me to stop eating is as hard
if not harder than it was for me to quit smoking. I havent smoked in 4 years now so its possible! The biggest problem I have dude is at work there are times I have to wait to get unloaded (I deliver freight) and I get bored so I eat!
And its just fruit but i still eat from BOREDOM! So now ive started jumping up in the back of the trailer and jumping rope and doing pushups and pullups using my load locks! So I am trying to steer away from food addiction and be more productive when I have delays hell as long as im working and moving along thru my day Im fine its those delays that get me or the drives from one town to the next, I get a 10 ,15 minute drive somewhere to make a delivery I EAT! I hate that!!!
I personally believe food is the most addictive thing out there in FRONT of drugs and alcohol. I drank and did drugs too and man Ill tell you people FOOD is harder to quit than all of that!
Rob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2008 11:49PM by roadrunner.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: October 02, 2008 12:38AM

What I have noticed with my own body--and I've heard others mention similar thoughts--is that after a while of eating wholesome non-processed meals, the body's internal thermostat is able to adjust quite efficiently even in cold weather. So even when the external temperature drops significantly it can be tolerated without the need for foods that promote & generate additional surface heat. Nothing wrong per se in eating them, but warm clothes will usually suffice to be comfortable.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: October 02, 2008 09:05AM

CHinese medicine says mixes like yours heat up your digestive fire. This cna be very useful

Coldness from the inside out: clothes won't help!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 03, 2008 01:01AM

Indeed, I have had chinese medical doctors tell me that that eating an all raw food diet can produce cool dampness in the body and have recommended some ginger to adjust heat, he cited a woman who came to him who was on an all raw food diet but had excessive mucous problems, they tried everything but she would not change her diet, so he chalked it up to the food. I believe she was probably a high fat raw, and there were more factors at play, but since I view things wholistically, I would try to examine the foods from a chinese perspective and make sure there are some warming things present, now this may be certain types / colors of foods or may actually be a plant / spice on occasion, I do not know enough to say, but again I doubt she was low fat vegan and I certainly don't know enough about all the other factors... Looking at diets from an ayurvedic perspective may be useful too, there has to be away to incorporate and integrate all of these modalities for an optimal match.

Hari Bol!
Namaste!

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: October 04, 2008 04:43AM

Healing with Whole Foods by Pitchford lists warming fruits and veggies. If i remember right cherries are warming, as well as root vegetables (carrots, ginger, beets).

watermelon and bananas are very cooling.

I have experienced getting very cold from watermelon, but warming up from beets. Especially red beets, for some reason. I have thyroid issues, so feeling cold is a perpetual problem with me. It is true for me that my body has adjusted. I am not as cold as in the beginning. Then again, i still do eat some cooked (beans, lentils, cooked beets).

Cayenne also helps me.

Date: October 04, 2008 01:35PM

bananas are very cooling....
So why do they taste so much better to me in the winter?
In the summer I dont have any desire for bananas,but winter I cant get enough
bananas!
In the summer I want apples,grapes,peaches,apricots,cherries,oramges etc.
Winter mostly bananas,actually about 98% bananas!

Posted by: ecjames1120 ()
Date: October 04, 2008 10:35PM

Mmmmm... carrot/beet/ginger juice. THAT sounds fabulous for fall mornings. tongue sticking out smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables