Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sweet tooth blues and miscellanous whinging!
Date: October 02, 2008 07:28PM

A few weeks ago I started eating 100% fresh fruit for breakfast and lunch and felt good.

After doing a 3-shift work day, I was back on the caffeine and although I haven't had any caffeine incl. green tea for at least a week- I have triggered my sweet tooth again with a vengeance.

It sounds ridiculous, but I feel like an addict. If there's no vegan choc or sweet drinks in the house, I start pacing! I get agitated, and end up eating something random to fill the gap.

Is there a particular 'path' or approach to going raw that could help me get over sugar? Raw cacao helped me last time, but I want to kick this for good and right now I don't have very much money, so anything like cacao/maca would definitely be more of a treat than part of bfast/lunch/dinner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sweet tooth blues and miscellanous whinging!
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 02, 2008 08:43PM

Eat more sweet fruit if you are eating because you are hungry. But your eating could also be emotional, in which case you need to look at your emotions and deal with them.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 02, 2008 08:50PM

I agree with Bryan. The path to getting used to more 'slow' sugars....that are more gradually released into the system.....takes time. Eating fruit...or dates....or other fruits and vegetables can be satisfying. If not, go back to a level of eating that you are 100% comfortable with and stretch from THERE.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: October 05, 2008 05:04AM

I keep a raisin tin on my counter for those sweet munchies, if I don't, I go after the sugar.

Posted by: sunstar ()
Date: October 06, 2008 02:54PM

Have you noticed that this response happens more when the mind is not occupied in NAture or in a larger setting Even out in life?

In other words does this happen when you are in a house or room and pent up energy responds with the "eat" mechanism or all the time?

Sun

Date: October 07, 2008 09:08PM

Day 2 of raw, and the raisins helped a bunch, thanks Lilian! Also been eating bananas, which help a lot too!

Sunstar- you have hit the nail on the head. At the weekends, me and my partner usually try to go for a walk in a nice green nearby park. I often get hungry when walking round, but not ravenous for sweets!

I tend to crave junk when I'm using the computer. I saw some news website (maybe the link was on this forum, I can't remember) that suggested that when you're stressed, your body still burns a lot of energy, and you start to crave carbs and most of us reach for the cookies, sweets and other stuff.

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: October 09, 2008 12:44AM

Sweets are also comforting, what gives you comfort? Maybe herbal tea? Knitting? It could be anything. Its not food and has no calories, so you can't really abuse it. You can do it as much as you want. Things that you can't abuse and are positive are the best "replacement" for addiction. If you can do it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables