Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

painful, red, bump...
Posted by: tea937 ()
Date: October 03, 2008 12:16PM

So I have recently developed a large, painful, hard, red bumb on my buttocks. It has happened before, but not quite so badly. I also have Crohn's disease and I'm not sure if that is related to it. I haven't been eating so well over the past few days so I feel like that may be the cause of it. I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what I could do to get rid of it and stop the pain. It becomes hard to sit or really do much of anything. Thank you guys so much!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: painful, red, bump...
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 03, 2008 12:40PM

I don't know your circumstance but in our family several of us have had these boil things come up. I got one on my face one time and my son has a persistant one on his arm that comes and goes. We feel like it is something really deep detoxing out since it happened to three of us pretty soon after cleaning up our diet. We didn't do anything for them. Eventually they just went away.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 03, 2008 01:44PM

Right. If it IS a boil, then keeping the area clean....not sitting on the affected area, and local application of warm compresses....and perhaps an application of local antibiotic ointment might help. In the mean time, good cardiovascular activity (walking) and and a simple cleansing diet might also help. Just some basic tips & speculation.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: October 03, 2008 02:40PM

Also a paste made from baking soda and water kept on the area for an hour at a time might help.

Date: October 03, 2008 03:12PM

thank you all so much!!! i really hope this goes away soon.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 03, 2008 03:33PM

i would avoid doing anything that supresses whats going on ..despite your discomfort a boil is the body isolating some infection and trying to remove it ...

skin erruptions can usually indicate elimanation problems .. (they say the skin is the 2nd kidney !!) so eating a simplified diet untill the boil goes away .. such as mono eating fruits .... and cranberries are always good for the digestion and urinary system ...and avoiding all fats for a few days maybe speed up your results .. smiling smiley maybe it would be fun for you to try a juice fast for a few days !!

my grandmother used to paint us with charcol powerded up with wtaer when we were kids so not sure why that helped but it seemed to LOL

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: October 03, 2008 03:36PM

Charcoal is known to suck up substances unwanted by the body.

Date: October 03, 2008 05:14PM

this may be a not so smart question..but mono eating fruits...does that just mean eat the same fruit all day? and then just move onto another fruit the next day?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 03, 2008 05:23PM

Ohh!!
I can relate.
I have had 4 of them...and they were right near the anus.
OUCH!!!! doesnt even describe the pain.

If they get too big,have them drained.The pain goes away immediately.

Mono eating means eating ONE food at each meal.
Or I guess it can mean what you said too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2008 05:24PM by Raw1228.

Date: October 03, 2008 05:54PM

The charcoal and the baking soda are supposed to draw out and absorb the toxins.

We just read in "little House in the Big Woods" about using mud to draw out and absorb bee stings. A boy was attacked by a hive and had hundreds of stings so they covered him in mud made with garden dirt and then wrapped him up with only a hole for his nose.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 03, 2008 06:48PM

hmm interesting

i read a long time ago about when indeginous people in australia get sick they apparently have them selves burried up to the neck in the clay ground for a period of time .. (im assuming someone sits and gives them water and shade ...lol)

im guessing this works along the same lines smiling smiley

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 03, 2008 09:07PM

Yes. Mono-eating (my own take) is to eat one fruit or vegetable until full....and then wait till the stomach has emptied before eating again: about 30 minutes to 2 hours wait time....depending on the food.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: October 04, 2008 12:00AM

I was reading in the book World's Best Kept Beauty Secrets By Diane Irons
[www.google.com]
that "chi chi" salons were using mud wraps made of 100% clay kitty litter. I spluged for some $2.20 kitty litter and tried it. Not bad, takes a while to get it turned back into mud though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables