Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

FAT- again!
Posted by: mallow ()
Date: June 27, 2006 10:15PM

Okay, I know, we've been talking about fats a lot lately. I just have a few more questions.

1. I like a good bit of what I've read about the 80:10:10 approach, but there are a few things that keep me from a traditional version of that approach. Firstly, I like to eat only mono-combined fruit on most days. This makes me feel lighter, and seems to help my digestion. For the other 2-4 days out of the week, I'll eat some fruit in the morning, and then in the late afternoon I'll eat large salads with an avocado, and about a 2/3-1 cup of mixed nuts and/or seeds. If I'm only eating this a few dys out of the week, and only fruit on the others, am I 80:10:10? Or is that still too much fat?

2. I have heard a lot of bad things about expressed oils, and I think that whole foods should be best, but would I be doing damage if I started to eat flax oil again? I would only use the refrigerated ,organic, high-quality stuff.

Thanks!
Also, any thoughts/wisdom for or against the 80:10:10 approach would be appreciated.
-mallow

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FAT- again!
Posted by: lilpaws ()
Date: June 27, 2006 10:27PM

try using the pantry feature on nutritiondata.com to monitor your carbs\fat\protein levels.

Re: FAT- again!
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: June 27, 2006 11:30PM

In general I'm not into oils, but I do use flax oil, I think it's important for the omega 3's. I eat quite a bit more than 10% fat, probably getting on for 20% and it works great for me. Everyone is different, see what works for you.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables