Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The ph values of refined sugars v. the ph values of dried fruits
Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: October 05, 2008 05:16AM

I was just looking at these charts of the ph values of foods (bottom one on this link)
[www.greathealth247.com]
and it says that the ph value of brown and white sugars is 5.5 (very acidic, only a very things are more acidic) and the ph value of dried dates, figs and raisins is 8.5 (very alkaline, only a few things are more alkaline). They are virtually at the oposite ends of the ph spectrum.

I'm just mentioning this because fruit sugars are often thought of as being as bad as brown/white sugars and also greens are often mentioned as being alkalizing but super sweet fruits are not. I do agree that greens are probably a better source of minerals though, but super sweet dried fruit is actually more alkalizing than greens (greens have a ph of 8.0 v. dried fruits have a ph of 8.5) according to these charts!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The ph values of refined sugars v. the ph values of dried fruits
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: October 05, 2008 05:40AM

That totally figures-- if I eat sugar I feel terrible; and if I eat any fruit, be it dates, apples, whatever-- I feel fine. It makes sense to me!

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: October 05, 2008 03:46PM

Interesting chart... thanks

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: October 05, 2008 04:26PM

Thanks for this. Will send it to my mom. I am always telling her to eat more fruits and vegetables (yeah, ironic I know) and she's always saying "But fruits have so much sugar!"

-DaveK

Posted by: irena ()
Date: October 05, 2008 05:41PM

Great info, it is amazing how mainstream nutrition does not make much difference between refined sugars and fruit sugars, with the logic behind that they are both simple. One thing to keep in mind though about dried fruit PH, although our bodies need alkalinity to balance out the constant acidic waste created from metabolic activity, that does not necessarily mean that we need highly alkaline foods. One can create PH imbalances by going too alkaline as well (granted it is more difficult to do so).

Posted by: ecjames1120 ()
Date: October 05, 2008 11:55PM

Wow, that was amazing! I can't believe how ignorant I was about these foods. Thanks!

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 07, 2008 10:48PM

haha awesome
cause I love dates, except not dried. i'm pretty sure dates don't give me a sugar high, they just taste great

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables