Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Nutrition Data
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: October 05, 2008 06:28PM

This is just my 2 cents and im sure ill get clobbered for posting it.
I am fruitarian and constantly get hammered from people saying i cant live on just fruit. There arent enough nutrients,vitamins,calories,minerals ,bla,bla,bla.
Heres how I see it. Everything should be natural, not tampered with by man.
Pick an apple off a tree and eat it, dont eat it out of a can you know.
ALL THE FRUIT I eat is perfectly balanced with everything I need you know why?
Why wouldnt it be? If we were supposed to worry about nutrition information then trees and vines would be tagged with nutrition information!! You think early man wandered around discussing with others weather or not the orange he was eating has enough vitamins and nutrients? NO! All that stuff is man made, the food charts, the nutrition data etc ,all man made up.
I just know and feel every fruit I eat has a perfect balance of everything I need!
I dont go by charts or diagrams I just eat and be happy!
I know its perfectly balanced because of how I feel and look compared to before when I ate SAD, I felt like crap ,was tired most the time and pale looking skin!
All I eat is fruit, this is MY choice!But the way I see it every edible food on this planet is perfectly balanced! Just dont overeat and make sure you eat enough to satisfy hunger with whatever each individual chooses to eat.
Im not trying to be agressive or mean, this is just how I truly feel.
Rob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nutrition Data
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 05, 2008 08:43PM

Hey Rob!

I certainly agree with you. Some thoughts:

-Eating may be more conscious for you - but it aint that way for EVERYONE out there. Heh...heh. And the people that are eating very unconsciously might feel terrible to have their behavior and beliefs (believing in charts, nutrition data, medical establishment, etc.) threatened. I'm sure that's not your intention - of course.....but not everyone is...ummm...enlightened.

-I certainly support your choices man....100%. It becomes incumbent on us to support others 100%....even if their beliefs are silly or what a person might think of as 'wrong' or 'unhealthy'. In any event....the only path that another person has to enlightenment is through THEIR paradigm....and identifying THEIR dreams...you know? smiling smiley

-You are trying to present the 'truth'....which is a truth for you....but not for everyone. You won't be able to convince them with anything other than loving grace....and recognizing the path to enlightenment in OTHERS and helping them with that. Just my take.

-It is our love that transforms people. Not outrage or indignance or being threatened or trying to change them. I read a good quote:

"Adieu! and the years are a broken song,
The right grows weak in the strife with wrong
The lilies of love have a crimson stain...."

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: October 05, 2008 10:09PM

Roadrunner,

I will throw in my 2 cents As long as I eat enough sweet fruit and non sweet fruit so called vegatable fruits like cukes and tomatoes and yes squaches like chayote and Zucchini and peppers and some avos and durian once in a while.
I feel quite satisfied with the my style of eating and as long as I continue to have more energy now then I did say 35 years ago I will continue on this path.

What makes one feel good and happy without never ending bliss follow your path to happiness.

Cherimoya,

Love Peace and Happiness,

Date: October 05, 2008 10:29PM

Just so its clear,I didnt post this to say everyone is wrong and I am right,
I posted it because people are always telling me that I cant live on fruit alone,I need this nutrient or this vitamin or that mineral,or you need greens vegetables because fruit doesnt have enough nutrients and minerals. I personally dont feel we need nutrition data,or we need to eat 1200 calories, or 2000 etc. I feel great and theres days Ill eat alot and days I wont even eat! I support how others feel and what they think,all Im sayin is everything is overanalyzed And I live as if this was day 1 on earth you know,naturaly and not following nutrituon info,calories,and al that. .

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: October 05, 2008 10:33PM

I personally dont
> feel we need nutrition data,or we need to eat 1200
> calories, or 2000 etc. I feel great and theres
> days Ill eat alot and days I wont even eat! I
> support how others feel and what they think,all
> Im sayin is everything is overanalyzed And I live
> as if this was day 1 on earth you know,naturaly
> and not following nutrituon info,calories,and al
> that. .

I still don't see the point of this thread. Just like you don't like people telling you that you "need" it, there are others that don't like being told they "don't need" it. Leave it at that.

Date: October 06, 2008 12:10AM

The point of this thread is this,there was a time on this earth when man didnt count calories or worry about nutrients or vitamins or minerals,etc,they just foraged and ate what appealed to them when they were hungry and when full they went about their business,those people lived to be quite old and were very healthy. quite simple to me.
This is my opinion,thats it.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 06, 2008 12:32AM

just a thought .. that time you are talking about they also didnt have depleted soils, heavy chemical fertilization, pesticides and herbicides

unfortunately for most people on this board its not practical to walk outside and expect their days grub to be in abbundance

early mans life span was actually on the average quite short for a number of reasons ... chiefly i beleive the inability to deal with injury .. or (ack) becomeing something elses dinner..and of course societal disuputes

coming from an evolutional point of view early man didnt last as long as he does today ...found here ..[www.reacheverychild.com]

Early man from the Neanderthal period, 20 years
Roman and Greek life span, about 30 years
European life span in the 1700s, about 36 years
Early 20th Century European life span, about 50 years
Mid-20th Century European life span, about 65 years
Current world life span, about 66 years
Current U.S. life span, about 80 years

if you are talking from a spiritual view ie: adam/eve .. jesus .. moses... etc..

then yes man did live longer and a pretty good answer to that found here [www.tftw2.org] which says:

To write on this matter with total certainty, I believe is beyond the knowledge of man. However, the following two possibilities are offered: 1) The long lives of the Patriarchs may have simply been in the providential will of God to populate the Earth and/or to better preserve His truths in the family heads through whom He operated. 2) The average age of the Patriarchs decreased gradually over a long period of time, which lends support to the thought that the reduction of life span came about as a direct result of sin. Man had been placed in the garden in a perfect state. When man. because of sin, was driven from the garden he no longer had access to the tree of life and perfection. He, from this time, would also be forced to accept the physical effect of the sin of the world in which he lived. The disease and death that resulted from these sins would naturally then bring about a decrease in the average life span.

going back to your original topic .. personally i like to know what the data is on the food i eat as i dont trust that anything is even close to nature anymore

but i entirely see your point and feel your frustration smiling smiley when someone says that to me .. i tell them hardly anyone has ever gotten sick NOT eating a cheeseburger but how many people died from Scurvy from not eating enough fresh fruits and greens? lol makes them go hmmm tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: October 06, 2008 12:51AM

set aside injury and being eaten by something,health wise they were very healthy and lived long lives,still the point is nobody worried about calories or nutrition,they just ate and lived. And of course the soil back then was much better than it is now but we can still live off the earth we have now like they did then without worrying about any nutrition data which is what Im doing,living naturally off the earth,eating what appeals to me which is fruit and not living off any nutrient data or calorie data.
My frustration is when Im told by someone what I do and do not need,especially when its from a SAD eater.Man processes food,Man put fod in a box,Man put food in a can an finaly ,Man made nutrient data
I just simply eat naturally from the earth and do not worry about it .
But I am me,not everyone else.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 06, 2008 01:03AM

Sure - it's an excellent point Rob.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 06, 2008 04:53AM

I eat simply and naturally and I don't count calories or keep track of nutrients. I threw out my bathroom scale and now I just "listen" to my body. I have trust in that as my coach.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 06, 2008 05:11AM

Hi roadrunner. What will you do if you wake up one morning and feel like eating something that today is in your "unacceptable to eat" category? What if you don't feel so great anymore on your current diet? How will you react? Just curious. This may never happen.

Also worth thinking about is, what happens if your current diet becomes massively expensive or even completely unworkable due to oil/food prices? If you're a United States resident & don't live in Southern California or Southern Florida it's likely that the majority of your food comes from hundreds (and often thousands) of miles away (and likely from numerous foreign countries). I wouldn't plan your life around having the cheap abundance we have now in the future.

On the surface, the tone of your post/thread suggests that you're trying to convince people, but (and I could be way off) as somewhat of a forum addict myself (who used to post massive amounts of threads on this forum under another name) for the most part, I'd say threads like this are really trying to convince oneself. And if you have to convince yourself are you really sure?

One more question - is being sure (and closing the book on further questioning) ideal?

There are numerous ways in which your thesis is suspect. For example if every food everywhere was perfectly strong, balanced & perfect animals would not migrate hundreds of miles for superior food, monkeys wouldn't travel to the sea to lick mineral salts off ocean rocks, plants would never rot & die in certain soil conditions & thrive in others (since all plants are perfect & soil conditions/mineralization is not a factor soil must not be a factor either, it must not matter at all).

Work on a farm, get in touch with the soil, study botany & maybe your fellow apes (not an insult, man is an ape technically). If you still hold these beliefs ten years from now & you're feeling fit & fine you must be right (for yourself anyway).

Cheers. smiling smiley

Date: October 06, 2008 12:06PM

Always posted by the name roadrunner,not trying to convince anyone anything, just posting my OPINION is all, what others do is their business.Not a post addict, Everyone has their theory. I already get my food from a thousand miles away.
It comes from California, I live in Idaho. And its all organic. I posted this thread to vent because of criticism as to what I eat and that I need all this, and all that.As I said what others do is their deal, I was just posting an opinion
which I still feel is true, just as others feel their way is right, there was still a time where man did not worry about this stuff was my point.Thats it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2008 12:11PM by roadrunner.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: October 06, 2008 12:38PM

Yeah, it is frustrating when SAD eaters or even the typical veg eaters talk down your way of eating -- especially when they are less healthy than you -- I know what you mean!!!

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: October 06, 2008 03:27PM

unless we ourselves personally gather our fruit from
an untempered plant in the wild
we have no idea what kind of chemicals really went into it

i recommend [www.adamgollner.com]

very enlightening and fun book for fruit lovers

check library

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables