Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Men's Health
Posted by: ecjames1120 ()
Date: October 05, 2008 11:59PM

Hey all,
So, I've read in a lot of posts of the amazing improvements that women seem to experience from going raw with respect to their female health (i.e., their cycles, menopause, etc.) but what are some of the benefits that men can expect? Thanks in advance for your insight!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Men's Health
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 06, 2008 01:10AM

My hairline stopped receding...and thickened up quite a bit when I quit eating meat and high fat. It's true! smiling smiley I'm now 37...and have more hair than either of my two younger brothers.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: October 06, 2008 01:36AM

I can only dream of the same for me. I miss my hair. Sorry to poke into a man thread. :-p

davidzanemason Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My hairline stopped receding...and thickened up
> quite a bit when I quit eating meat and high fat.
> It's true! smiling smiley I'm now 37...and have more hair than
> either of my two younger brothers.
>
> -David Z. Mason

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 06, 2008 05:16AM

David Wolfe claimed (in his first book) that he got a boost in penis size. It's a difficult claim to prove however, we'd have to get opinions from someone(s) who had access to that information both before & after.

Personally, I don't had any overwhelming & male specific raves regarding raw food or veganism or both but when I eat healthfully in general I feel better & most aspects of my life are improved. That's about all I can say & it's good enough for me most of the time.

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: October 06, 2008 08:10AM

Not sure on the penis size like David Wolfe, but definitely I saw an improvement on reproduction ability to be politically correct. But basically, before going raw, we seemed to have problems getting pregnant with my wife, and now, she is pregnant, and I can tell you it was very easy. Now it's more like we have to be careful not to get pregnant...
When I see lots of my friends we have to go through in vitro fecundation and so on...

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Date: October 06, 2008 12:52PM

Did your wife start eating more raw food too?

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: October 06, 2008 01:27PM

communitybuilder Wrote:
> Did your wife start eating more raw food too?

Yes, both of us. But I can see what comes from me, if you see what I mean... And I can see the difference from before.

Date: October 06, 2008 09:36PM

What, you make more of it? It tastes better? Not to gross anyone out but mine definitely tastes better (my girlfriend couldn't attest to that because she didn't know me pre-raw). Raw food women definitely taste better too (in my limited experience - just one of them). smiling smiley

Posted by: Choco ()
Date: October 07, 2008 01:37AM

I know this is a "man thread", but when my ex went raw, especially when he did a detox juice fast, his skin smelled soooo much better to me and his breath was so much more appealing and tasty and kissable. winking smiley
He personally said he felt more alive and vibrant on raw which led to him being more passionate in our relating.

PEACE.
Choco

Date: October 07, 2008 05:02AM

Yeah, health conscious people have much nicer skin & smell nicer all over in general. smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 07, 2008 08:59AM

hey choco:

<< I know this is a "man thread", but when my ex went raw, especially when he did a detox juice fast, his skin smelled soooo much better to me and his breath was so much more appealing and tasty and kissable. winking smiley
He personally said he felt more alive and vibrant on raw which led to him being more passionate in our relating.>>

that is good to hear
smiling smiley
i wish all men read your posts
it would save women a lot of grief sad smiley

and give guys the impetus to make some changes

Posted by: ecjames1120 ()
Date: October 07, 2008 11:10AM

Haha, it's not a "men's" thread, I was only asking for observations in men's health. Thanks to all the guys who shared personal experiences, but thank you, too, ladies for your input as well!

Posted by: Choco ()
Date: October 09, 2008 06:07PM

...just want to say 1 more thing for the men who still like to drink every now and again..Raw wine while "raw" is still booze winking smiley, and definately affects the yummy "man" smells I was refering too earlier. other than my personally disliking skin/breath on alcohol, the booziness of it alters the raw effects of the man detox. i also distinctly recall coffee did the same thing to my guy, so my ex ditched the coffee high for green tea and nixed the vino/vodka bit while juice cleansing and fasting. Big taste difference inside.

PEACE
Choco

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: October 09, 2008 07:12PM

I wish there was a men's health section. I think we ladies are just respecting that we don't often here talk regarding men's health on the raw food sites and we didn't want to hijack your thread. I like to hear what's going on with you all too.

Regarding flavor, have to agree with that and it's not gross, just the truth.

I saw a bumper sticker in the bay area last summer that had the "Vegetarians Taste Better" slogan crossed out and in bold green and red the words Raw Foodist was superimposed over vegetarian. I think it was a personally made one and it made me laugh out loud.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: October 09, 2008 07:25PM

Choco Wrote:
> ...just want to say 1 more thing for the men who
> still like to drink every now and again..Raw wine
> while "raw" is still booze winking smiley, and definately
> affects the yummy "man" smells I was refering too
> earlier. other than my personally disliking
> skin/breath on alcohol, the booziness of it alters
> the raw effects of the man detox. i also
> distinctly recall coffee did the same thing to my
> guy, so my ex ditched the coffee high for green
> tea and nixed the vino/vodka bit while juice
> cleansing and fasting. Big taste difference
> inside.
>
> PEACE
> Choco

I agree. If you tell a real man that something they're drinking or eating may impact a future love session and you do this with compassion, kindness and yes passion, haha, they will generally & gratefully acquiesce at least in my experience. Like attracts like though, so chances are your guy will be willing to forego some taste and odor altering foods if they're really offensive to you. It's all about communication.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2008 07:29PM by rawangel.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables