Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fibromyalgy
Posted by: Rozemarijn ()
Date: October 06, 2008 09:34AM

A friend of mine has fibromyalgie, some sort of reumatism. It's quite painful and restricting her a lot, specially for such an energetic person.
My guess is that switching to raw would improve it.
Is there anybody out there who can say anything about this?
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fibromyalgy
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: October 06, 2008 10:39AM

There are some papers on this, I think there is pretty good evidence that she will see improvement with a low inflammatory diet. But I am not sure she can make the pain completely disappear forever.

I worked for a woman my age who was not completely immobilized but showed great economy of movement. She looked as if just walking from her car to her desk was an ordeal. She never took any exercise. All she ate was McDonalds and rice-a-roni. She was in constant pain.

She thought my diet was very unhealthy! And she thought I was too thin, too muscular, and oh, but it is so easy for me, I am athletic, etc. etc. I thought her life would be so much better if she had a lifestyle more like mine.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: October 06, 2008 12:39PM

Alissa Cohen had fibromyalgia and cured it eating raw foods. Google her.

Posted by: Rozemarijn ()
Date: October 06, 2008 06:27PM

I did.
Thanks very much

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: October 07, 2008 12:58AM

most of the literature reports higher than normal protein needs for people with this illness. my friend, margaret, swears by meat for her. if she misses it she gets totally exhausted.

Posted by: westiemom ()
Date: October 07, 2008 09:46PM

My mother suffers terribly from fibromyalgia. It would be wonderful if she can see the benefits in me and is able to make the change too.

I'll have to up Alicia Cohen too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables