Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw vegan animals
Posted by: sunstar ()
Date: October 06, 2008 04:53PM

Aloha Living life Lovers!
This is Sun Star in Hawaii

There are many animals that are on the evolutionary tipping point and their
progress is aided by allowing them ("allowing"winking smiley to eat a raw vegan diet even though society at large considers them to be
carnivores I had 2 golden retrievers I used to bring to Central and South america back in the late 60's that were raw vegan

They were bigger and healthier-than any other comparable dog with no mucous and hot spots and falling hair and smells.
Their feces were pure papaya or bananas. I the winter they ate sprouted grins for the warmth if necessary.. They were more alert and intelligent than other dogs n many ways

When menaced by another dog twice their size (I remember an incident in Ojai California one spring when a German Shepard attacked my golden and he took a few salutary "Snaps" and the Shepard ran away) , Same thing happened under a bridge in Central america with a horde of mangy latin dogs that looked more rabid than alive>

The basically fruitarian golden retreiver and snapped his jaws and the whole 25 dog pack turned and retreated is the issue of fruit and raw vegan etc has some additional facets not normally added to the mix.

namely that super health is not just an excess of protein in the name of muscle.

Intelligence responds to crisis better when unburdened by excess toxic waste.

Sun
Hawaii
www.sunstarphoto.com
elansunstar@yahoo.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw vegan animals
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 06, 2008 04:59PM

Excellent story. I think that there is so much that is still not known (publicly) about nutrition and nutritional science.....and the road that everyone is on nutritionally.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: October 06, 2008 05:23PM

SunStar! I just saw your portfolio and it is fantastic. I am a very serious amateur and one day hope to start selling my images. But you images are just fantastic! How long have you been doing this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2008 05:23PM by dinesh75.

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: October 06, 2008 06:15PM

Wow thanks for that inspiring story. I agree I think there is so little known about nutition, really less known than known.

I remember being wowed by the story of the vegetarian lion although others thought it was cruel, but it was the lions choice to be vegetarian it didn't like meat. It lived 10 years so it just shows because you really wouldn't imagine a lion could live on vegetarian.

I also recall another story of a dog who was vegan and lived to be 29 and entyered the guiness book of records as the oldest dog

[dogsinthenews.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 06, 2008 08:26PM

Just some thoughts:

-There are those that believe that man never changes - spiritually or biologically. That he has always thought the same way....acted the same way.....had the same instincts, etc. There are also those that believe that appropriate behavior for man should be judged based on what animals do and what animals react to. It is my belief that we are here to show the quality of example that WE can set for animals. Who knows? If enough humans can live peacefully and not eat or enslave animals....perhaps the animals will become more peaceful as well. Just a thought.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 06, 2008 09:19PM

sunstar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had 2 golden retrievers I used to
> bring to Central and South america back in the
> late 60's that were raw vegan
We can all go against our Natural Diet....look
at the Human Race. Dogs are carnivores and would do Best on
a diet of fresh Meat. That's not to say they didn't do well
on the raw vegan diet you were feeding them......WY

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: October 06, 2008 11:09PM

Dogs are pack animals and are happy and can thrive on pretty much whatever is available to their group whether it be carnivorous, omnivorous or vegan. If your retrievers were anything like my lab, those coconuts must have gone over particularly well.

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 07, 2008 12:36AM

actually dogs are also omnivores (cats are carnivores) which explains why the diet would work for them; i read this from a vegetarian magazine talking about transitioning pets to cruelty free diets

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: October 07, 2008 04:14PM

Here are details of the book of the vegetarian lion
little tyke. I've got the book and seen pictures of her turning her nose up at meat. She was not vegan but vegetarian.

[www.amazon.com]

[www.fruitnut.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2008 04:16PM by Ariel55.

Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: October 07, 2008 09:02PM

I feed my doberman raw meat and bones and he goes crazy for grapes!!!!

He won't touch greens but loves fruits, all the dobies I've had have been like that, I don't know if they are picking up on what my vibe is or if that's just their taste!

RB

Posted by: irena ()
Date: October 08, 2008 12:53AM

richard blackman Wrote:
> I feed my doberman raw meat and bones and he goes
> crazy for grapes!!!!
>
Richard, be cautious with grapes since they can be very toxic to dogs, cause liver failure and even death. My dogs love them too but after learning about it I only give them one or two grapes at a time.
<[www.vetinfo4dogs.com];

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 08, 2008 01:04AM

i dont understand the whole grape thing ... i had a small grape orchard of greens and purples on my old farm and my sheepdogs would eat them right off vines with gusto and no side effects

ive read about grapes being toxic to dogs but i cant help but wonder smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: October 08, 2008 02:14AM

irena Wrote:
> richard blackman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I feed my doberman raw meat and bones and he
> goes
> > crazy for grapes!!!!
> >
> Richard, be cautious with grapes since they can be
> very toxic to dogs, cause liver failure and even
> death. My dogs love them too but after learning
> about it I only give them one or two grapes at a
> time.
>

Yeah...I've heard that too,I don't give them grapes often, only when we have left over grapes that are being thrown away....

Thanks

RB

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: October 08, 2008 05:54AM

My garden grapes can disappear before they are even ripe if a hungry enough flock of birds comes along.. wild animals are onto them also a little before harvest time.

Conventional home orchards including grapes may be sprayed for pests up until a couple weeks before harvest. [www.johnsonnursery.com]

I know we try to do things organically, but is it possible these animals could be poisoned elsewhere by eating sprayed conventional grapes too early off the vine?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 08, 2008 05:57AM

yea i was kinda wondering if their not getting poisioned by just the grapes (from store) being sprayed as well

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: October 08, 2008 04:26PM

Thank you for sharing the vegetarian lion story, that was so powerful!

My dog wont eat some greens on there own, like parsley, and some other leafy greens. She absolutely loves green smoothies, green juice, left over pulp from green juice. She also loves fruit, in all varieties. When we make green smoothies in the morning, she whimpers while it's blending to make sure we share with her!

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables