Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Can all vege be eaten raw?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 25, 2007 09:38AM

i felt very gasy n is being goin on weeks, i was wonderin was the raw vege(all sort of colourful ones) has been causin this or was it the legumes(soak n cook),
any one had this problem??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can all vege be eaten raw?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 25, 2007 11:07AM

Opinion:

-A person that has been eating poorly for some portion of thier life.......will have deposits in their digestive tract.....and not so pleasant bacteria. Even after going raw.....the person will still be mixing quite a few foods.......which are mixing with these deposits and bacteria....and creating gas.

-You CAN do more research into simpler eating: 100% raw eating, good food combining, mono-eating, juice fasting and light water fasting. These tools should help to eliminate gas.

-Power & Success to you!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 25, 2007 11:41AM

It's not that they can't be eaten raw, it's that your digestive system isn't used to it yet.

Another reason when starting I found it easier to do "cleansing" and fasting first. If you don't want to do a fast you can do colon cleanses that help your digestive system.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: July 26, 2007 03:51AM

I agree with the above, but also think starchy veggies are not all that digestible/enjoyable to humans.

these are things like broccoli, peas, tubers, etc..

they are certainly OK as transitional foods, and in my experience produced less gas in my transition then they would if I was to eat them now. I also found them more palatable lightly steamed in these periods. joy counts for quite a lot (even in digestion!) and I can't see much joy in trying to polish off a big plate of raw broccoli.

starchy things are best eaten with big salads and not with or after fruits (even tomatoes!).

legumes cannot be safely eaten raw, if they are sprouted they might make for a crunchy treat but still suffer from the same protein/starch combo as cooked legumes that will cause gas/discomfort/poor assimilation.

generally people don't notice such things AS MUCH until they start eating healthier.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: July 26, 2007 03:54PM

ugh, i haven't eaten broccoli in YEARS now. i tried it a few times at first, but puked it up after i got pregnant in 2005. and never touched it again.

i agree,with above info. if you don't enjoy it raw, then don't eat it raw, and in my book, that generally means i don't eat it. not buying veggies that i don't eat raw helps keep me raw and gas free.

i've slowly removed fruits and veggies that cause discomfort over the years. despite rumored health benefits, if my body doesn't like it, it's probably not the best thing for me. kale in a cup, my body likes, even though my taste buds don't. so that's different.

peace-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables