Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Could anyone help with this topic:
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: October 06, 2008 11:08PM

We have a well. The water is rock hard and calcium deposits grow like moss. We are looking both for
1. purification system
2. softening system - or does anyone know if there's a way to get rid of calcium carbonate via another route?

Any recommendations?

Thank you so much!

Piano Gal

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Could anyone help with this topic:
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 07, 2008 12:22AM

I've done some quick research on this:

These systems are NOT inexpensive. I operate in Central Florida with a well for household water. It has been tested drinkable, although I only use it for washing and showering. I purchase separate drinking water. My well water mainly contains added iron....which I just clean/remove once per month. This is much less expensive than an alternative treatment system.

-For yourself, you'll want to first have a pro analyze your water for exact composition and 'grains' of hardness. If your water is causing problems with your pipes and appliances...then a softening system might be in order.

-My take on the situation would be to by a separate, inexpensive water softening system, and a single 'under-the-counter' style reverse osmosis water filtration system for drinking....if you are so inclined. Reverse osmosis seems to be the gold standard for drinking water.

-Just some quick research.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Dave.....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: October 07, 2008 02:00PM

Thank you so much. After posting my question, I came upon a gold mine of mind and heart in the field. If you have interest, check this amazing man out....www.cleanairpurewater.com. I sense that this man is the highest point in the field of water. And what really delighted me was that he works on the principle of reciprocity, as do I, in my work. That amazed me. He was a guide for how to approach this vast field. I ordered it. It was free. It told me everything I needed to know.I'm going to pay the guy for it anyway. He deserves my support and the return on his gift. Check it out.

With warmest blessings,

Ellen

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 07, 2008 04:40PM

If it was my house, I wouldn't worry about trying
to soften the water, but would use a good Sediment Filter (or
two) for the whole house water, and have a Steam Distiller for the
drinking water, and food preparation......WY

Posted by: rgh69 ()
Date: October 09, 2008 06:09PM

I thought that RO water is not good because it is acidic. RO water is too pure. Can someone elaborate on the best water content to drink?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 09, 2008 06:36PM

All water is slightly acidic because of the carbon dioxide that makes it way into the water. This is true of even spring water or rain water. The "alkaline" water machines are a bit of fad right now, but one needs not drink alkaline water if one's diet is already alkaline, like a healthy raw food diet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables