Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Can Someone Tell Me Why The "VeganSexuals" Thread Moved?
Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: August 08, 2007 07:08AM

I do not understand why the "VeganSexuals" thread I started was moved. It was about being a raw vegan. Connecting with others who are or may not be vegans and our opinions and feelings about living and dating others who are or are not raw foodists and vegans.

This list often has insane topics posted that seem barely relevent to the raw vegan's every day life - and they are *never* moved. We even have topics posted here about other lists, like recipe solicitations and juicer questions that clearly belong elsewhere yet they are *never* shifted out of this list either.

Is there a prude on board with the moderator(s)?

i breathe in
i breathe out
peace
juicy sex
and love
Bikini

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can Someone Tell Me Why The "VeganSexuals" Thread Moved?
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 08, 2007 01:34PM

Did this article have anything to do with the raw food diet? If not, then it probably belongs elsewhere Bikini.

Date: August 08, 2007 03:14PM

Bryan,
It had to do with eating a strict vegan diet and one's personal preference in choosing a mate or partner who was vegan also. Our discussion was on our thoughts and feelings about having a raw vegan love interest in our lives, why or why not. It *definately* was on point and relevent to the raw vegan lifestyle. It certainly was w-a-y more raw vegan discussion oriented than say, the current thread I noticed about everyone taking pictures of themselves and posting them to this list. Which has not been moved to another forum more suited to personal picture taking rather than staying on thislist which is supposedly reserved for the topic of raw and vegan foods and lifestyle. The people pix is a great thread, don't get me wrong - I love looking at people's pix, but it wasn't a exactly vegan raw discussion and if you're going to nit pick and search to eliminate good discussions from here, that one could have made the move. However, it wasn't touched.

I can only guess that the moderator must be somewhat prudish/highly uncomfortable with sexuality and our frank discussions over why we (mostly women btw..) prefer to take our pleasure with the vegan or vegetarian man over flesh eating ones. I would bet the prudish moderator was a man too.

Personally speaking, the raw diet has completely unleashed my energies and I feel more in touch and alive with my sexuality than ever. I love it, and love being with veg men too. So there. smiling smiley

peace
love
joy
i breathe in
i breathe out
Bikini

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 08, 2007 03:23PM

Bikini, that's strange that you associate categorizing threads with prudishness.

Lots of us are comfortable with our sexuality ..... what's that got to do with where a thread on sexual attraction resides!

And the whole forum is about eating vegan, not just the first board!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2007 03:24PM by aquadecoco.

Date: August 08, 2007 04:23PM

I don't associate catagorizing threads with prudishness. That is not what I wrote. I am associating the fact that the moderator removed *my* very vegan and appropriate thread from this forum list when there are countless others posts here, if one is to be truly exacting, that really do not belong on this forum, but would be more suited to another.
The only direct association I could logically come up with is that the moderator in question is troubled by the conversation centering around people prefering to be sexual with vegans rather than meat eaters. This is an open discussion with mature adults and there is nothing shameful, inapropriate or "wrong" about saying that meat eaters often have offensive odors that raw vegans don't and that we as raw vegans prefer our mates to be vegetarians like us. I don't see how or why this should have been moved. Hence my assumption about the prudishness of the moderator. It was not a discussion about meat. It was a conversation about dating, sex and love and the (raw) vegan that he must have taken offense at. We were promoting a vegan lifestyle in our lives for crying out loud. (sigh)

I hope you can hear what I meant now.

Thanks.

peace
courage
joy
i breathe in
i breathe out
Bikini

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 08, 2007 04:55PM

Bikini, I loved your thread, it was way cool and definitely something I've thought about. I too cannot see what's NOT relevant about it, it was a discussion on eating a raw vegan diet and how this may or may not affect our dating selections. Sounds 100% relevant to me!

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 08, 2007 05:28PM

The whole forum is vegan.

Date: August 08, 2007 07:15PM

thanks sunshine.

smiling smiley

i breathe in
i breathe out
peace
love
Bikini

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 09, 2007 05:49AM

beats me why your thread was moved to the MOST coolest forum

"OTHER TOPICS"

probably cuz your thread was too cool for the FOOD only forum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables