Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Important
Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 11, 2008 12:31AM

I know this doesnt have to directly do with raw foods, but i felt it was important to give this link

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

There are two parts - the new one just came out and it's called addendum

i strongly suggest both movies; it's incredible information
seriously, take some time to watch both movies

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Important
Date: October 11, 2008 04:16PM

??

Date: October 12, 2008 11:38AM

yeah i don't understand your comment

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: October 12, 2008 05:51PM

iLive,

im with ya .... weapons of mass creation

but perhaps you next time post on Other Topics Board

otherwise
some people may interpret as propanganda

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: October 12, 2008 07:47PM

Take a look at Freedom to Fascism as well...
[video.google.com]

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Date: October 13, 2008 11:37AM

no one really looks on the other boards; and if they see it as propaganda, then they didn't watch the movie. hhaha. I thought more people would be a little open-minded at least.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: October 13, 2008 12:24PM

I just watched them both. My son had brought the first one to my house when he came out last spring, but we didn't get a chance to watch them. Pretty interesting... Definitely a wake up call!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 13, 2008 01:37PM

Got to take all the stuff with a grain of salt.

Blindly believing every conspiracy theory is true is as bad as blindly believing they're all BS.

Alot of them are highly improbable & best downright nonsensical at worst. For example, claiming a worldwide conspiracy of scientists (and glaciers apparently) to pretend global warming exists is irresponsible wishful thinking. The proponents of such conspiracy theories share some responsibility from anyone who watches that & ultimately decides to move to Florida or Arizona or a coastal city & ultimately perishes because of it.

Critical thought is required every step of the way, not just when analyzing the mainstream media. A few loose connections or a bit of hearsay does not a valid theory make. Be careful not to just believe things because you want to think that they're true.

I think for many people having evil overlords guiding their lives is less scary than understanding that human action is devastating our planet & nature is truly indifferent to whether we survive or fail as a species.

I also find the NWO conspiracy theories morally appalling in that they assume we do not need to temper our wasteful ways for the sake of the environment & that we are somehow entitled to pollute & abuse the Earth as much as we'd like. We need to take some responsibility & not make some sacrifices for the sake of future generations. It may already be too late.

People who refuse to take any responsibility for humanity's actions & blame the government for everything (Katrina was caused by weather-machines & other unsupported gobbledeegook) should look at their motivations for believing such things.

Date: October 13, 2008 04:09PM

I don't like how it's called a "conspiracy theory" I think the people that put it together have talked to experienced individuals and it's a very good idea of what's happening in the world today

I don't follow it blindly, and I'm not saying it's absolutely true. I question everything, personally, and I hope no one assumes that since I posted this it's like a bible to me. I think it should atleast show SOME people to wake up to the world around them and maybe want them to think about what happens..

It's more here to get anyone thinking, and I just want to help. I'm not trying to draw everyone together and start a clan of conspiracy theories.

Date: October 14, 2008 03:36AM

iLIVE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't like how it's called a "conspiracy theory"

But it is a conspiracy theory by definition.

For global warming to be a big lie there has to be a huge conspiracy among climate scientists.

For 9/11 to have been an inside job there has to be a huge conspiracy among thousands of government officials. For some of the especially crazy stuff to be true like missiles hitting the Pentagon instead of a plane thousands of individuals who claimed to have seen the plane have to be lying.

There's nothing wrong with the word conspiracy. Countless conspiracies exist. Just not necessarily the ones you hear about.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: October 14, 2008 12:44PM

I don't remember them talking about global warming being a lie.

Date: October 14, 2008 04:08PM

Hmm, that might have been another one of those videos.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 15, 2008 09:42AM

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 07, 2008 03:24PM

>For example, claiming a worldwide conspiracy of scientists (and glaciers apparently) to pretend global warming exists is irresponsible wishful thinking.<

Good point. And don't forget, there are allegedly a number of front organizations and government operatives out there that are deliberately mixing in nonsense with truth to confuse a lot of these conspiracy issues and ultimately discredit them entirely. (Possible examples: Natural Solutions (Rima Laibow), Citizens for Health, and Alex Jones and his website have been cited over and over again.)

How to discern the truth, when there are so many weird things going on, and so much propaganda and misinformation, is of extreme importance, and calls for equal parts intuition and logic.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: November 07, 2008 05:38PM

Carsick
If the information about the controll is all controlled, then why worry. It would mean we are, and always have been just a cog in "their" grand scheme ?

Seriously, while I am aware to a large extent the degree in which we are "controlled" by the world elite ( not the government ), I also believe in Communitybuilders sentiment that we need to take individual responcability. Someone can tell you to shoot someone ( as in the military ) or pay you to trash something ( as in irresponsible work ethics ), but it is the individual who ultimately decides how to behave.

I believe that the zeitgeist movies are spiritual gold for those opening up to new ideas. If you take in the deeper message of the second one, rather than glossing over it to see it as a quirky impractical hypothesis, you will see that it is talking about changing individual behaviour as the only solution to the present course that we are taking as a race.

This is not only possible, as illustrated by some of zeiteists projections, but mandatory for the continued survival of a large percentage of our global population, perhaps all of us. This is something that we are waking up to fairly rapidly with the approaching crisises.

Date: November 07, 2008 07:57PM

YES! That is it; it's about human beings taking control and saying "we can live in anarchy - we have the brains to live in peace, we just have to use them!"

The problem in the world is society, if told a lie long enough, will ultimately believe it. This is why I like the way zeitgeist has projected itself. It has so much to offer and I wish people would watch it with an open mind. I'm not saying everything in it is true, but yes, lightform has a big point in saying that the one basis it's after is mainly to get people to be a true individual, and independent, and not a slave. Just thinking about how in control they really are.

Date: November 08, 2008 01:00AM

iLIVE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no one really looks on the other boards

the people most interested in this kind of item spend quite a bit of time on the "Other Topics" forum actually. this one is for food.

my brother sent me links to these a while ago. interesting stuff but ultimately just info, not much i can do in my daily life other than what i already am doing. i don't participate much in financial matters to be honest. i am very low income by purposeful choice and live a simple, simple life. i teach the kids the why of this too. it's good.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: November 08, 2008 01:51AM

Coco
IMO you are being part of the solution. Just being what you are helps it spread. My feeling is that there is a time for everything, and that it is nearly time for society as whole to wake up to our connectedness and dependency upon everyone else and the planet.

Date: November 08, 2008 02:38PM

I think it feels good just to know; just like it feels good to know about this whole other world of food - it's good to know there's more to everything we see, including the way our world is run.

that's the reason why i wanted to share it with everyone - just to get the feeling. I'm not saying you have to do anything, no, it's not like that; i just wanted to share the opportunity to learn about a movie i thought was pretty sound in what it was saying, that's all. getcho brain worked up a little

woooo

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: November 08, 2008 05:47PM

Kwan, I was really interested in that you named citizens for health as a controlled conspiracy group, I became aware of that recently too. I did not know anything about Rima laibow or Alex Jones. Do you have any more info?

I also agree with lighform who says why worry when we are just "cogs" in the grand scheme but I keep finding out odd info by accident usually.

The communications director James Gormley of solgar vitamins (who are owned by pharmaceuticals is a member of citizens for health. [www.nocodexgenocide.com]

I cut and pasted the following about what is going on with big vitamin and supplement companies.

So how did the rumoured link between Solgar and Monsanto come about

In June 1998 it was announced that American Home Products ( now Wyeth Corporation)would acquire Monsanto for $33.4 billion to become top seller of prescription drugs in the US and separately that it would acquire Solgar

[www.democracynow.org]

But the deal with Monsanto deal broke down in October 1998

[query.nytimes.com]

What then happened was that old Monsanto was broken up into three parts new Monsanto the agri-business, Pharmacia the pharma business and another company to hold all the legal problems old Monsanto had accumulated and some of which are still playing out.

Pharmacia was then taken over by Pfizer to become the largest pharma research company in the world.

But what of American Home Products? Well firstly they acquired Solgar in June 1998. You can see how close the possibility of Monsanto and Solgar being in bed together was to happening and also that it did not quite happen. At that time the possibility gave rise to a consumer outcry and campains.

Who are American Home Products? They are now called Wyeth Corporation and are a Fortune 500 company with a turnover of $20.4 billion and employing over 50,000. They sold off Solgar for $115 million to NBTY (formerly Nature’s Bounty) in 2005.

[www.naturalfoodsmerchandiser.com]

It was Solgar being taken over that gave rise to the creation of Viridian in 1999 where the owner is Cheryl Thallon.
Cheryl has worked in the natural products industry since she was 21, working in health food stores. Trained as a journalist, she became editor of Natural Food Trader magazine in 1988, before joining Solgar Vitamins as Marketing Director in 1991 where she stayed for 8 years, until shortly after the company was sold to Wyeth.

NBTY had a turnover in 2007 of just over $2.0 billion, has over 4 million square feet of operational buildings and employs 10,800 people as well as Solgar products it has all these

“NBTY is a leading vertically integrated manufacturer and distributor of a broad line of high-quality, value-priced nutritional supplements in the United States and throughout the world. The Company markets approximately 2,000 products under several brands, including Nature's Bounty(R), Vitamin World(R), Puritan's Pride(R), Holland & Barrett(R) UK, Rexall(R), Sundown(R), MET-Rx(R), WORLDWIDE Sport Nutrition(R), American Health(R), GNC (UK)(R), DeTuinen(R) Netherlands and Le Naturiste(TM) Canada. “

As far as who runs Solgar it is NBTY and the guys that run it are Scott Rudolph who has shares worth about $120 million and Kamil Harvey who holds about $36m. Rand Skolnick CEO of Solgar is not even on the board of the NBTY holding company.

NBTY are still picking up bargains in the health supplement world and have about 1150 stores in the US, Canada and Europe. They are now acquiring US bankrupt supplement company Leiner

[www.bizjournals.com] (see related news on this page link)

In the US NBTY has a shop chain Vitamin World and a mail order operation Puritan’s Pride, it has Le Naturiste stores in Canada, De Tuinen in Holland and Nature’s Way in Ireland.So as well as distributing they also sell through their own shops. Solgar in the UK is run through Boots Herbal Stores (not Boots the Chemist or Boots Company Plc)

So getting to the UK and Holland and Barrett. How did they get into NBTY. They bought Holland and Barrett from German group GEHE Ag. Yes you got it in one - another huge pharma sold Holland and Barrett in August 1997. Gehe Ag is the 2nd largest wholesaler of pharmaceuticals in Germany. Yes like the others it has changed its name and is now called Celesio. It is a private family owned company owned by the Hanille family. It is one of the three largest drug wholesalers in Europe with 2300 drug stores (including Lloyds Pharmacy in the UK). It has a turnover of 22.4 billion euros and employs 37,000 staff.

So many little brands like Solgar are not independent and so are not what they appear. What seems to be happening is a lot of positioning. Agri-businesses are being separated from pharmas, pharmas are divesting their supplement businesses. But even now supplement businesses are dominated about 70% by pharmas as Robert Verkerk, Executive Director for the Alliance for Natural Health and Advisor to the National Health Federation team on Codex Alimentarius explained in his Alternative View presentation in April 2008 Double Jeopardy against Natural Health which you can purchase for £5 from [www.ianrcrane.co.uk] He explains why the vitamin and supplement sector has not squawked more about Codex Alimentarius ridiculous plans as it rather suits them to medicalise supplements and shows how it will creep in over the next few years.

NBTY appears to be the chosen vehicle to acquire health supplement businesses. It could later become the vehicle for one or more pharmas to medicalise the health supplements as Codex bites in.

Watch and expect increasing numbers of foods to be banned and classified as toxic in the next few years.

Watch and expect that there will be increasing numbers of exposes of GE/GM contamination of health care products like this expose on Vitamin C and Solgar and others

[www.organicconsumers.org]

The global pharmas are all waltzing around the Codex knowing that they only have to wait and important foods and all supplements will be banned or classified as drugs - as with this little circular logic

Drug companies ripped off the lovastatin molecules from red yeast rice, then patented them. Once they achieved FDA approval for their "statin drugs," it was easy to file a petition requesting the outlawing of red yeast rice, claiming the supplement was "adulterated" with drugs! Which drugs? Statin drugs, of course -- the very same drugs that were isolated from red yeast rice in the first place!

Full article here [vibrationalgaiarising.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2008 05:53PM by Ariel55.

Posted by: EricJohannes ()
Date: November 10, 2008 03:07PM

Thanks for posting the movie. It's nothing new to me, but it's always good to question our institutions. America's official story on 9/11 is probably the most wacky, irrational conspiracy theory ever fabricated by anyone, let alone a corrupt government. Have you ever seen the movie Century of Self? It's all over youtube. It's a BBC documentary that shows how Freudian psychoanalysis is used to manipulate and sway the masses.

Date: November 10, 2008 06:20PM

Oh cool, I like BBC, i will look for it!

I'll have to get back on you on another movie...I forgot the name on it but I remember my dad mentioned my uncle was working with some people on it. It's kind of like the zeitgeist movie - it's got meetings and a group of people consulting on it. Pretty neat, i'll write it down and send you a link or a name or something.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables