Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hair a factory for vitamin D?
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 08, 2007 04:58AM

I found this interesting article about hair. I kind of thought that the oils in hair would be capable of producing more vitamin D if it was kept long. The article is primarily religious in nature, but it does bring up some interesting ideas.
[www.sikh.net]

I also noticed the idea that regrowing hair from cutting it can increase your needs for protein. Apparently, if you let it be, it won't grow so much, and your protein needs will be less.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hair a factory for vitamin D?
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: October 08, 2007 08:35AM

I came to the same conclusions by intuition, that by cutting hair, it grows faster and therefore "wastes" a lot of minerals to grow more. I stopped cutting any of my hair over 2 years ago.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: badawie ()
Date: October 08, 2007 09:09AM

How does cutting hair affect the root where the hair grows from? I thought that was a myth. My hair grows at exactly the same rate whether I cut it or not.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: October 08, 2007 09:13AM

I'm fairly sure my hair grows a lot slower now after not cutting it for a long time.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: October 08, 2007 09:29AM

Cool. I though the only thing affecting hair growth rate was a blockage of the sebaceous glands (ie not washing your hair, oil builds up, hair falls out) and a lack of omegas/amino acids whereby the body decides hair is not essential and puts it into 'resting' phase, during which time the hair falls out/pulls out by the roots.

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: October 08, 2007 12:03PM

That's really interesting. I've always loved long hair on men. :-) What does it mean if a man is going bald, though? I didn't see that addressed within the Sikh text.

Love,

Gypsy

Date: October 08, 2007 05:08PM

I really only read the highlights of the text. I don't know what it means to be bald.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 08, 2007 06:14PM

hair 'appears' to be growing more slowly when you don't cut it because the ends get weak and frayed and break very easily. cutting your hair doesn't make it grow faster. what a silly idea.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 08, 2007 06:54PM

It may not grow faster, but maybe it helps it to reach a longer length because the weak ends have been eliminated. My daughter has very long hair and it seems to work for her.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 08, 2007 07:45PM

yes, exactly. when you regularly trim your hair the ends are less prone to breakage. your hair will get longer faster because it is not breaking off, not because it's actually growing faster.

Date: October 08, 2007 08:53PM

Def agree with you guys..hair doesn't grow faster. Did an interview with a trichologist about it. Told me it's the biggest myth on the market. Said the hair looks fuller when shorter, and cutting split ends is what gives it that effect.

Date: October 09, 2007 02:50AM

What about the main point of the article, that hair is such a potential source of power? Vitamin D, but also subtle energies. There was some comment that short hair for men didn't get popular until the industrial revolution, so that hair didn't get caught in machines. Actually, I think hair styles probably got shorter for both sexes. That really changed my idea about hairstyles a lot. I don't feel so comfortable seeing a 'clean cut' businessman in a suit anymore. I don't expect the publics opinion on this to change much, but for me that really changed how I view things.

Yeah, I always found it strange how in church jesus was always pictured with loose flowing robes and long hair. Yet, short 'clean cut' hair was advocated, along with dark conservative clothes. No purse or dresslike outfits either. Those are cultural differences, but it seems to me that longer hair is more natural, and must provide some additional power to humans that most people are unaware of because they never let their hair just be.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: October 10, 2007 09:52AM

when i have a full head of hair i definitely feel it. i have long hair and for me it is like a mane and a symbol of my pride and power. i recently went to another country and got it cut, and they cut it way too short when i wanted a trim. they gave me this stupid hair style, and i actually cried because of it. i was really upset at the hair stylist because i just wanted a trim, and she cut it in some weird style that sucks. i definitely felt a difference.

i was thinking of just cutting my hair short because of this incident, but after readin this post i changed my mind.

if long hair is good enough for jesus, it is good enough for me, too. =)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables