Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

oil pulling
Posted by: pattycake ()
Date: October 10, 2007 01:55AM

What is oil pulling (with regard to teeth)? How is it done, and what are the benefits?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: oil pulling
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: October 10, 2007 04:00AM

I've never done it, but it involves leaving some oil (coconut, olive, flax seed etc) in your mouth for a period of time and it is supposed to pull toxins from your bloodstream into the oil. I think I read about it on curezone.com and I'm pretty sure it's a Hulda Clark protocol, but I'm not sure.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 10, 2007 04:11AM

heres a couple of articles claiming its goodness smiling smiley [www.thehindubusinessline.com]
and
[earthclinic.com]
and
[www.oilpulling.com]

and someone who says its quackery (or woo lol)
[scienceblogs.com]

too each their own i reckon .. ive i think if you think it might work whats the harm .. your not swallowing it

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2007 04:13AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: October 10, 2007 04:30AM

I have done oil pulling. I have real bad teeth and they hurt all the time so I do oil pulling in order to pull the food particals out fron in between my teeth. It has helped. I rely on it when my teeth are especially painful. I did read about it in curezone but the first place I heard about it was a liver cleanse book. I usually use a cold pressed sunflower or seasame seed oil and swoosh it in my mouth for about 20 minutes When I spit it out I rinse my mouth with warm water. My teeth end up real white from oil pulling also. I was going to do an experiment on it and do the oil pulling for a month but the last time I went to the health food store I bought the wrong kind of oil. I hope to get some of the right kind of oin and start it up again. I think there is something to it and it is not expensive.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: October 10, 2007 06:24AM

I've been doing it and really like it. Sometimes I wake up with a stuffy nose from allergies, or if I haven't been eating right. It's noticably better after 20 minutes of oil pulling. I use sesame oil. I usually do it first thing in the AM while I check my email.

When I read about it, I thought it would be nasty to do, but it isn't. The 20 minutes goes by fast and 2-3 rinses of my mouth with warm water gets all the oil out.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 10, 2007 07:36AM

i supposed one ought to do something else while they are oil pulling like reading a book or something LOL

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: October 10, 2007 10:53AM

I've been doing it for a week and a half. I use sunflower oil, but sesame is supposed to be really good for your skin. I haven't noticed any of the benefits yet. But, it doesn't help me slow down a little in the morning. I would normally rush to drink as much water as I can, eat something, dress, gather my books and rush off the the subway. When I do the oil pulling, I find I am more thoughtful at first, then I can do things without so much stress. It doesn't taste as bad as those other websites suggest. In fact, I like it. I say try it--so what if it doesn't work? at least you'll know.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables