Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New Goal
Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: November 02, 2007 08:09PM

I'm almost done with my goal of one year raw. I told myself that it mentally made so much sense, but I wanted to see if it *really* worked. Well, as all of you know, it works. ;-) So, I'm setting myself a new goal. First I was thinking about cutting back on fats and trying the 80/10/10 way of eating raw vegan. However, now that I was looking over the harm of nightshades, I'm wondering if cutting back/eliminating nightshades would be healthier than cutting back on the fat for a year?

Currently I consume a huge amount of both (nuts/avocado/olive oil and nightshades--tomatoes and peppers, mostly). I don't want to focus on more than one goal for a year, since I seem to do extremely well with just one big goal. So, what are your opinions on which is worse for the human body: fat or nightshades?

I look forward to anything you share.

Love,

Gypsy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Goal
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 02, 2007 10:53PM

Hi Gypsy,
This is just my opinion based on my personal experience, so take it with a grain of salt... but I'd drop the fats and keep the tomatoew and peppers. They're vegetable-fruits and I've found them to be really wonderful. Just make sure you don't eat your peppers green-- they're not ripe.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 03, 2007 06:42AM

Yes, cutting back on fat will be much more healthful than cutting back on tomatoes or peppers (I'm assuming you mean sweet pepper or bell peppers). As far as I know, there are no negative associated with eating tomatoes. Hot peppers can be irritating, and are worthwhile removing from the diet. Sweet peppers should be fine, unless you are sensitive to them.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: November 03, 2007 07:55AM

I agree with Sharhan and Bryan. I never have a problem with tomatoes. Love em. I eat bell peppers when they're red, not green.

For me a moderate amount of fat from raw nuts/seeds/avos seems to be OK, definitely preferable to too much fats, and also preferable to no overt fats at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2007 07:57AM by suncloud.

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: November 03, 2007 11:46AM

Okay. I'm going with the goal of less fat, then. :-D I'll pick up the 80-10-10 book before the end of the year when this year's goal ends and the new one starts!

Yes, I meant sweet peppers (which I never eat while green). I love tomatoes and sweet peppers, but since they are nightshades I heard a lot of negative things about them and figured maybe I should try to cut back on them.

Anyway, I'll cut back on the fat, instead (which I also love, but my stomach doesn't seem to like it as much anymore--it just kind of sits there for a long time when I eat lots of nuts).

Thanks for the comments!

Love,

Gypsy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables