Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fall interests
Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 15, 2008 12:25PM

anything interesting going on with food choices this fall for anyone? New experiences..etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fall interests
Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: October 15, 2008 03:19PM

I bought black grapes for the first time recently, and I thought they were great!But I'm really waiting for the mineola tangelos to arrive in the stores like they did last winter :-)

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 15, 2008 04:00PM

I have some "black globe" grapes right now that I really like winking smiley

Date: October 15, 2008 06:17PM

OHHH I can't wait for tangerines...I wasn't doing organic a year ago and I'm excited to see if they get some good tangerines and tangelos that are organic in the whole foods smiling smiley)

I ate so many grapes towards the end of summer, so they aren't big on my food habits lately

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: October 16, 2008 01:43AM

We planted these berry bushes called wonderberries. I had never heard of them. They're little black round berries with seeds. They're not super sugary but not tangy either. They grow in little clusters of about eight and are very addicting. Hubby is thinking about making some mead with them. They've been producing for four months and still have green berries on them. We're definitely planting them again next year!

Posted by: pineapple girl ()
Date: October 16, 2008 06:30AM

i am so hoping to get as many persimons as possible,

last year the persimons at grocery stores were 2.99 each,

can you believe that, that is evil and total highway robbery.

i had a chance to meet uti, and he was sweet enuf to give me a box of

persimons he had picked.

i am hoping that maybe i can find somewhere in northern cal. that i can

go pick persimons from their tree for free, or a minimal fee.

Date: October 16, 2008 10:58AM

yeah i've only seen imported unorganic persimmons. ahh.

Pomegranates haven't come in organic yet either! They should be in season right around this time..maybe more in november.

I did get a ton of mangoes yesterday, organic from CALIfornia! I hardly see those, they were from mexico all summer. smiling smiley

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 16, 2008 02:26PM

I had a non-organic pomegranate last night. I love them. It wasn't as sweet and juicy as they will be later in the season.

I have satsumas maturing on my tree for the first time since we planted it three years ago. Lat year I put horse @#$%& mulch all around it and I guess it did the trick. The same thing with our figs and roses. I have one kid that loves to eat roses.

Date: October 16, 2008 02:43PM

roses?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 16, 2008 04:03PM

Gonna get a pumpkin,make a jackolantern (which I havent done for years) and then dehydrate the seedssmiling smiley
Brian

Date: October 16, 2008 05:33PM

Yeah roses. I don't care much for them myself, but she loves them, roses and rosemary.

Pumpkin seeds are great dehydrated. We soak ours in salt water first. Jack-o-lanterns are awesome!!! Have fun!!!

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: October 16, 2008 07:34PM

I have been suffering from watermelon separation anxiety and peach-lessness sickness lately, so yall are helping me along with this thread! Thanks!!

Reminds me that last year that time I was living low carb (NO FRUIT for 3 years!) 23 pounds heavier and miserable. On my hubby's birthday (Oct 25th) I invited him to Cafe Gratitude and that was my first contact with raw food. Next day I bought all the fruit I could find and started reading up. Soon I was eating persimmons by the dozens and about 15 bananas a day. Talk about catching up! LOL! How much has changed since then... THis board has been very helpful, so thanks, everyone!

Date: October 16, 2008 10:03PM

Congrats on your healthy turn around cocoa_nibs. One year means a lot.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: November 07, 2008 04:47AM

I've been eating rubies lately. I open up this unassuming treasure chest ... uh, fruit ... that looks like this:
[omegranate03_edit.jpg" rel="nofollow" >en.wikipedia.org]
and dig out enough rubies to make necklace, and eat them ;-)

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 07, 2008 06:18AM

cantalaupe
pineapple
navel oranges
persimmons!
carrot/vegie juice
my 'tastes like ice cream snack': frozen banana chunks
an occasional banana or two

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 07, 2008 03:22PM

I did see some organic cantaloupe but I'm not feeling the cravings just yet, haha.

When oh when do blood oranges go into season? I want some of those babies. Or some tangerinesss, or clementines..pomegranateees... I know some of them are in season, but I have yet to see organic sad smiley stiill!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 08, 2008 03:54PM

Fall interests...
Hmmm... Might gather some leaves and pinecones and gourds and make a cornucopia for the kitchen table.

brian

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables