Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Certifications?
Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: October 15, 2008 02:34PM

I'm not sure if I can ask this here, but I want to help people. I want to learn more about raw foods. Does anyone know of becoming certified in raw food nutrition or cooking? It's so appealing to me, but the things I see on the internet seem like a joke. Where can a person get an education for this type of thing? Any input is greatly appreciately appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Certifications?
Posted by: Choco ()
Date: October 15, 2008 04:10PM

California based - Chef Cherie Soria, The Living Light Culinary Institute, Raw Chef Training.

Arizona based - Dr. Gabriel Cousins, Tree of Life Center, Raw Cafe Apprenticeship.

Maine and possibly Califoria based - Alissa Cohen, has her on certification program

..and there's always interning or apprenticing yourself to a raw food restaurant, chef, or caterer in your local community or anywhere in the USA that you really like and appreciate.

PEACE
Choco

Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: October 15, 2008 04:14PM

Go to raw food network...

Personally when it comes down to nutrition/diet I don't think "certifications" are worth the paper they are written on because in the case of raw food coaching you'll be learning someone elses doctrine and that will NEVER take the place of your own actual experience, if you want something worth anything to mainstream society then get a "registered" qualification and even then you'll be learning the doctrine governed by the laws of the state you live in.

RB

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 16, 2008 02:54AM

I agree with Richard. Nothing beats experience. How do you know that the diet that the certification authority gives you will actually work for you in the long run, and yet you are teaching this stuff to other people?

Posted by: Choco ()
Date: October 16, 2008 05:09AM

Just an fyi to everyone...
The programs I mentioned are all centered around being culinary raw *chef* training programs, teaching raw and live food culinary skills from the basics through advanced. Culinary training programs are immensely helpful if one is interested in learning about the wide range of foods and dishes that can be prepared on a raw food diet. Raw food prep is very different from cooked vegan food prep and if someone is interested in learning and building their technique, it is super helpful to take courses or to apprentice to a master chef to learn and gain creative ideas about creating well executed raw meals. This is particularly so if you'd like to branch out from eating only mono meals, salads and green smoothies. Each of the teachers I mentioned has a very particular raw food slant and practice, and each are very valuable in their own right.

As far as raw food philosophies..I agree that exploring is a good way to find out what one would like to take on as one's own. But how can we learn what we like or don't like if we don't actually show up for someone's class, or try a raw food teacher's dietary ideas, or take up exploring a particular raw spiritual philosophy, or on the most basic level - read books by past and present raw food teachers and educators...?
Nothing in the raw food movement is really our "own" even when we make it "ours". We are all taking what we like from raw food teachers and integrating it into our own lives to see if it works, and then leaving what doesn't work by the curb. We all learned what we know from somewhere else. Whether it was a book, TV show, yoga studio, friend, neighbor or retreat center or even a google search. And then we put it together, sorted it through and experimented with it for our own personal use.

I learned a tremendous amount in the early years of my raw journey studying with and taking classes with many seasoned raw educators and teachers. Particularly around the areas of health challenges, spirituality and raw food prep skills.

And then I made my own discoveries and truths.

PEACE
Choco

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: October 16, 2008 12:10PM

All of your messages are very helpful. Thank you. Your all right, it is so individual and no one way is right. I guess we just have to live by example and inspire. Thank you all!

Posted by: rawbryan ()
Date: October 16, 2008 03:33PM

I have the best raw certification program and personal testimonials for students! Please visit my website and check out the raw class on top: www dot rawinten dot com

[www.RawInTen.com]

Bryan Au

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables