Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Breathing cooked food?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 21, 2007 03:47AM

Is breathing cooked food the same as eating it. I am in a house where people cook steak and microwaved foods. Is breating in this bad for me? I just learned about this lifestyle and have my blender. I don't want to get fanatical and buy an air purifier for my room.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breathing cooked food?
Posted by: happyway ()
Date: November 21, 2007 05:39AM

No it's not the same.
If the smell doesn't bother or temp you it's not a problem...just a smell
the world is full of smells...

the anti wrinkle stuff that comes out of drier vents
car exhaust...those are scarier

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 21, 2007 12:36PM

It would have the same effect...generally speaking...as breathing a light, oily smoke. In any event.....don't focus on the things you cannot change. Just get out and get more fresh air and sunshine - as you deem appropriate.

-Blessings & Strength to you.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: ferg ()
Date: November 21, 2007 01:49PM

Umm, if I were you I would be way more worried about all the pollution from factory and car fumes you are breathing in.

Date: November 21, 2007 04:19PM

well, this is a valid question. whenever you breathe in an odour you are actually breathing in small particles of what you are smelling. in the grand scheme of things this is not large but you could request that they use the exhaust fan over the stove while cooking to siphon off some of the odour at least. and you could always open a window or take the opportunity for a wonderfully refreshing walk outside.
yes, breathing in pollution is a problem but keeping yourself as healthy as you can, including a positive frame of mind, can go a long way in balancing that out.
one other thing you can do is to have more plants around the house. they create wonderfully clean air for you to breathe.

and here is some info about certain types of salt crystal lamps that charge the air with negative ions (a good thing).
[www.chamberofcommerce.pl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2007 04:21PM by coco.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: November 21, 2007 04:56PM

Some people are just more sensitive to odors so if you are one of them, I sympathise.

Inhaling cooked food odors can make some people feel very heavy and clogged, almost like eating it would, but I think this becomes less problem as the raw diet cleanses and strengthens us.

Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: November 21, 2007 08:33PM

I know how you feel. Breathing in oily cooked food smells (especially when I am the one cooking for someone) makes me feel heavy and dirty, like I need to shower. I dont cook for people anymore =)

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: November 21, 2007 09:18PM

I cant bear to breathe in cooked food

I dont cook at home, or walk through the cooked food market, I will try to take a different route as this does now make me want to gag. Am so sensitive to smell- can smell it on other people, their sweat.. ick!!

If you cannot avoid it, you cant.

I try to keep my life without it, theres not really any situation which I choose to be in which would involve being anywhere with cooked food!!

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: November 21, 2007 11:42PM

There are aromas from a few cooked foods that I still find pleasurable... mostly curries and fresh baked bread... although I don't feel like eating it, I still like the smell, but i'm still less than 6 mos raw.

However, the smell of greasy charred flesh, BBQ or especially McDonalds and other fast food really makes me feel nasty... probably my body saying "what's that smell? ...Nooo!! please don't make me eat that stuff again! Run away!!!"

A little raw food lunch place just opened up near where I work, and it's been great to have that option, but today the wind was blowing from a different direction than usual and all I could smell was the McDonalds accross the street. It was pretty lame. The aroma from raw food tends to be subtle and sublime, but most cooked food odors seem to punch you in the nose, so the McDeath smell overpowered my delicious lunch. Kind of like the difference between nasty perfume and a pure botanical essential oil... the perfume violates your space, but the wearer of a nice botanical oil has to invite you to be close enough to catch a whiff. Raw is so inviting!

Date: November 22, 2007 12:25AM

step a little closer.

can you smell me?

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: November 22, 2007 12:47AM

coco... you so funny! Is that essence of papaya with a hint of banana?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables