Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Going On A Juice Feast
Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: October 17, 2008 01:34AM

I'm going to embark on a juice feast. I have researched and want to put myself in a space to really get in tough with, and listen to my body and what it wants.

It will be fruits, veggies and greens. How long I do it will be up to my body.

What I haven't run across is how to juice away from home. The juicer is pretty big to be lugging around to work and back. "They" say to drink your juice right away, and some say while feasting to carry your juice in a mason jar. <shrug>?

Is there anything you think I should know? I start tomorrow morning.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Going On A Juice Feast
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 17, 2008 02:36AM

wendysmiling Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there anything you think I should know?
If I was going on a Juice Feast, I'd drink all
my juice at home, and Dry Fast while away from home. Make
it Simple. You couldn't be away from home for more than 10
hours if you're working. The liquid intake at home will keep
you hydrated until you return. I would recommend Celery Juice
as a good source of water, and easy to juice......WY

Date: October 17, 2008 03:26AM

Thanks WY. I've read to drink a gallon a day which is hard to do in 5 hours. (one in the AM and 4 in the PM) I guess I'll just wing it. I'll try the dry fasting. Seems like embarking on 2 fasting elements when I've barely experienced one. Kinda scary. But who knows, I might surprise myself. :-)

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 17, 2008 03:47AM

You COULD just limit it to orange juice while away from home. A simple bag of oranges and one of those little manual hand juicers (just a little plastic thingy) work well....and I've used it on trips. For the orange juice thing........those $10.00 electric juicers you can pick up at the grocery store/Walmart also work well...and are light, easy to clean and easy to carry. Health and success to you!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: October 17, 2008 06:51AM

I find juice stays perfectly fresh for a while if you put it into a bottle and fill it all the way up so that no air is in between (you make it overflow a little by putting the cap on).

ANgela Stokes has an ebook out on juice feasting with some great info. Maybe you already have it.

I am not quite ready for JF. Keep us posted how it goes!

Date: October 17, 2008 12:01PM

I don't have any feasting books, but I've been around the web and here. Of course here is the best! (wink). I didn't know they made mini juicers and oranges are 30 cents a pound at a store close to me! I bought some purified water in case I feel the need to drink something. I really just want to try to listen to my body, but don't want to do anything stupid if that's possible.

Juicefeasting.com says 2 lbs of greens and a entire bunch of celery are mandatory everyday. Oh and you have to drink a gallon of juice a day minimum.

I'm new to this, but what Richard Blackman said about listening to your body instead of books stood out with me. But then I am doing this to learn to listen to my body. I'm not there yet.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Date: October 17, 2008 04:44PM

There's a fresh juice bar at the health food store by my work. Too much $ for every day, but I'm going to check it out today!

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Date: October 18, 2008 05:30PM

I'm doing well and detoxing. :-) There is a lot more energy and hapiness already. I'm prepared for the emotional detox that may come. This morning I woke up coughing and almost vomited. I wonder if that has to do with all the years of smoking cigarettes..could be.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: October 18, 2008 05:46PM

Ive been orange fasting and doing just fine on 10 oranges a day,thats hardly a gallon,lol! youll love it, j/f is an awsome experience! I love oranges and prefer mono eating so im on oranges.

Date: October 19, 2008 03:02AM

I bought a bunch of oranges today!

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 20, 2008 01:15PM

i've read it could throw off your hormones if you just drink juice and no fiber - but i guess if it's for a detox and you're only doing it for a little while then you could see good things; i hope anyway.

good luck!! smiling smiley

Date: October 21, 2008 02:35AM

I made it 4 days. I had 2 lettuce leaves w/ a dab of tahini dressing. Not too bad for a first try. I think I'll juice twice a day and have one small raw meal a day.
:-)

Oh... I lost 6 pounds the first 3 days. :-)

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Date: October 22, 2008 02:16AM

Sorry double post.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2008 02:18AM by wendysmiling.

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: October 22, 2008 06:33PM

Just some old news - IMHO the concept of juice feasting is *not* to dry fast. It's to keep you fulfilled and content throughout the day. Including a dry fast would make it a regular fast.
Making all the juice at once is scary to some, but the idea is to get it over with and be worry free for the rest of the day. If you get hungry and feel "oh no I have to juice again first" -- then you'll see how long the fast will last..not very long if it was me.
It's great to know that you have enough juice for the day whenever you feel hungry and there's no prob bringing some mason jars to work with you winking smiley

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: October 22, 2008 10:30PM

Hi Wendy,
I did the juice feast for 45 days last spring. It was incredible! The point of the feast is to consume as much as you are hungry for, this way you will still be providing your body with all of the nutrients you need, if you do this you will truly be feasting and not fasting. I drank 4 gallons a day most days (3 greens and 1 fruit - usually oranges). This provided me with all the calories I needed so I felt incredible without feeling like I was starving at all. If you do feast for a long time, be very careful coming off of the feast, and very slowly introduce solids again, as doing so too quickly can really take away from the progress and healing you've done. Also it's important to help your body eliminate without fiber by doing enemas, this will help you eliminate the toxins faster, instead of having them float around in your body - making you feel ill.

All the best on your juicy journey!!

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Date: October 23, 2008 03:10AM

It was weird...after day three I got to the point where I had no appetite and when I drank the juice I felt like I was going to vomit. I don't know if it was physical or emotional detox? I'm going back on a juice feast next week I think. I'm going camping this weekend and it may not be practical. I did buy a hand juicer, but after practicing, all I would be doing is hand juicing all day to get enough. LOL

I ate 3 small salads and 2 cups of beans total for the last 2 days and I feel pretty crappy, but I craved the beans, I ate the beans... no guilt, just bloat.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2008 03:11AM by wendysmiling.

Date: October 23, 2008 04:13AM

I stopped my first attempt at a juice feast on day 3. I felt horrible...like pure acid. When I tried it again, it worked - I cut down on the acidic juices in the beginning. It may be working out for you next time!

Rawsun - 4 gallons?????? some 15 liters a day...?? I guess (hope!) you mean quarts or liters ^^;;

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: October 23, 2008 03:07PM

Haha! Yeah I meant quarts or liters.... I'm Canadian I confused quarts and gallons (o;

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Date: October 23, 2008 05:52PM

Tell me about it. I'm only used to metrics myself....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables