Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

a new fast please
Posted by: byHIShands ()
Date: October 17, 2008 06:01PM

i like to fast once a year
last year i did the lemonaid fast and was somewhat successfull
i would like a new fast if anyone has any good ideas
i tried water fasting and by the 2nd day i felt like i was too weak to even get out of bed.
thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a new fast please
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 17, 2008 08:17PM

If I was going on a 'new fast', as you call it, it
would be Organic Watermelon, where I'd eat the Flesh,
and juice the Rind. The flesh has so little Residue
that it could be classified as a Fast.....WY

Posted by: sunshazza ()
Date: October 17, 2008 09:09PM

I tried a fast called the Coconut Fast (not strictly raw, as you have to use coconut oil) - one of the best fast' I have ever tried.

You do this for 7 days or more if you can.
Ingredients for 1 day:-

10-14 tblsp of coconut oil
2 cups of fresh lemon of lime juice
14 cups of water
2sp of sea salt
1 tbls powered stevia extract

Take this everyday for 7 days and continue with your raw food diet and your skin will glow.

I got this from a book called Coconut Cures by Bruce Fife.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: October 17, 2008 09:53PM

Your skin will glow just by eating plenty of fresh fruits and leafy veggies and small amount of nuts and seeds. And you don't have to do it a certain number of days and then go back to eating something else. Make that your everyday diet and reap continuous rewards.

Date: October 17, 2008 10:48PM

Maybe a bit of misunderstanding.

"byHisHands" was asking for an alternative fast to the lemonade diet. I was merely suggesting another 7 day fast which is the coconut fast. A fast is where you eat no food for the duration.

I was suggesting just to make sure to follow the 7 day fast with the raw food diet. I am a raw foodist and know very well all the benefits that raw food brings for me and most.

The coconut fast is an excellent fast.(where you eat no solid food)

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: October 17, 2008 11:03PM

sunshazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe a bit of misunderstanding.
>
> "byHisHands" was asking for an alternative fast to
> the lemonade diet. I was merely suggesting
> another 7 day fast which is the coconut fast. A
> fast is where you eat no food for the duration.
>
> I was suggesting just to make sure to follow the 7
> day fast with the raw food diet. I am a raw
> foodist and know very well all the benefits that
> raw food brings for me and most.
>
> The coconut fast is an excellent fast.(where you
> eat no solid food)

sunshazza,

Very interesting.. could you substitute coconut (say one whole) for the 10-14tblsp of coconut oil? Coconuts are readily available where I live.... guess it would be more of a "garden fast" then..

loeve

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: October 18, 2008 12:01AM

are you able to rest in bed with your eyes closed for a few days?
if yes, i recommend 3-5 days water fasting
with dry skin brushing and tongue scraping
20 min sunbathing, deep breathing
and finally fasting from tv, computer and media

Date: October 18, 2008 09:03AM

loeve,

Yes, you can give that a try. Actually, that sounds fantastic. Though I think 1 coconut will not be enough. You should aim for 3-5 so you don't feel tired and hungry.

Also,it would be good to blend the soft while jelly with the coconut water so you are not digesting any solids during the fast.

Coconuts are a complete nutritional food, you could practically live off it. Use it as part of the fast and you will always get fantastic results.

Date: October 18, 2008 12:20PM

Sunshazza said "Coconuts are a complete nutritional food, you could practically live off it."

Just wondering..Are you living off coconuts alone?

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: October 18, 2008 01:05PM

sunshazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...Also,it would be good to blend the soft (white)
> jelly with the coconut water so you are not
> digesting any solids during the fast...

.. a coconut milk fast... that's what it sounds like to me.. yum!

Some of the other ingredients in your first post sounded a bit like a cleanse.. you know, like the common gall bladder cleanse using olive oil and citrus taken on a rigid schedule.... are you aware of any crossover.. I mean can this "fast" also be considered a "cleanse"?

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: October 18, 2008 02:55PM

Where can you find more info about the coconut fast? I had a friend actually mention it a while back - she was interested in trying something similar. Was thinking about dong master cleanse. Thanks!

Date: October 18, 2008 04:04PM

I mentioned the coconut as a nutritional complete food because that's exactly what it is. For generations people in the coconut growing regions of the world use this as their main source of nourishment and health enhancements.

I do not mean to literally eat only coconuts everyday for the rest of your life, I am merely stating a point to illustrate how nourishing to your body coconuts are. It provides vitamins and minerals, as well as the right balance of sugar and quality fat. No other food quite compare in its completeness.

Coconuts and its benefits have been thoroughly researched and documented by a man called Bruce Fife who has written a few books on coconuts:- "Coconut Cures"
and "The Coconut Oil Miracle". You could do your own research to check this out for yourself. Or check out his books on Amazon with the feedbacks

Also, to "loeve"
Any fast will initiate a cleanse, so yes you can class a fast as a sort of cleanse.

Date: October 18, 2008 04:35PM

To "veggiefreak"

You can find more details on the coconut fast in the book "Coconut Cures" by
Bruce Fife or maybe somewhere on the internet if you do a search on Google. But basically you take those ingredients I mentioned earlier for 7 days.

I have also tried out the Master Cleanse last year which is lemons,maple syrup and cayenne pepper, along with a salt water flush. This was the very first cleanse I have ever done and I must say you do get a heck of a lot of "crap" coming out of you.

You can find some details/reviews on the Master Cleanse at:
Master Cleanse Details

Date: October 18, 2008 06:49PM

Sunshazza said "For generations people in the coconut growing regions of the world use this as their main source of nourishment and health enhancements".

Is that so?? I never knew this. In fact, even though I live in the USA, I'm originally from Guyana, South America, and right now I have a house and land there with about 25 coconuts trees on it. When I was living there we never used coconuts as our main source of nutrition. Never! And I lived there for 31 years.

In fact, I'm from the countryside where there are countless coconut trees and we, by far, used it to make oil to cook with than any other purpose. We would also cut them to drink the water(milk) and eat the soft jelly when it was hot outside. But never everyday! We also drank rum with the coconut water. Rice, wheat flour, fish, meat, veggies and fruits were the foods people ate most.

I am of Indian descent and I have relatives in India. When I visited them I found no evidence of coconut being their main source of nutrition. And that's another coconut growing region.

So I don't know which region you're talking about but it sure wasn't us.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2008 06:52PM by brian1cs.

Date: October 18, 2008 09:07PM

brian 1cs

I am talking thousands and thousands of years ago when the general diet was more pure and natural. My comments are in fact true, ypu just need to do a little research.

I think though that we are going a little bit off the topic as this post is entitled
"a new fast please" Can you recommend a fast for this post?

Date: October 19, 2008 02:13AM

Nope,Sunshazza, I can't. In fact, I don't believe in fasting. I can get the same results eating fresh fruits, some veggies, small amounts of overt fats, and exercising. It'll take a few more days sure, but I'll get the same benefits with none of the stress of fasting. I believe not eating should come naturally as in the case of a breatharian. Anyway, whatever works for you guys. Good luck.

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: October 21, 2008 01:30PM

mono fruti fasts are popular...
There is an APPLE fast..
the pectin is supposed to be good for the intestines...
Apples whenever hungry
prun juice to help you @#$%&
5-10 days
you can look it up!!

DO water
DO juice
DO green powder (vitamineral green)
DO grapes
Do apples
Do mangoes

I want to try Strawberries next summer!
can u imagine 5 days of STRAWBERRIES!!!!!!!!????????????

YUM!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables