Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I am SO SICK...tell me how bad is this!!!?
Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: October 20, 2008 07:54PM

I have been 90% raw (steamed yams and broccoli)for about 4-5 months..
I caved in yesterday and ate
2 pita beads
2 2 bite brownies
small bowl of cereal...

OMG!! I had BUTT pee all night!
SULPHER/rotten egg burps ALL night and day
I feel totally wiped!
I am SOOOOOOoooooooo Tired!

I am a HIGH energy person...

What exactly happens to the body on raw no grains?
I mean, it's like I poisoned myself!

Please tell me....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I am SO SICK...tell me how bad is this!!!?
Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 20, 2008 08:15PM

that is weird.. what kind of pita bread and cereal? could have been from animal products..not necessarily the grains. It's too general of food to tell what really caused what

hmmm

Posted by: kleinphi ()
Date: October 20, 2008 08:22PM

My personal experience with this kind of situation has been rather different: I experience something like bread as a mind altering drug rather than a digestive "irritant"(?) When I spend a long time 100% raw and then eat a slice of pizza, for example, a few minutes after ingesting the pizza, I feel dizzy. Sometimes I even pass out for a few seconds. Eye witnesses tell me my eyes roll back in my head. When I come to, I am cold and sweaty. After about 15 minutes, it's all better, but the next day I experience cravings that sometimes last for days.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 20, 2008 08:36PM

Wow!
All the more reason to avoid anything with gluten in it.No one really needs grains anyway.
Sounds like severe allergies.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 20, 2008 09:10PM

guess u learnt yer lesson

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: October 20, 2008 09:52PM

Lol

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: October 21, 2008 01:18AM

I've heard that lemon/lime is a good thing to eat with cooked food to avoid hangovers.

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: October 21, 2008 01:19PM

I have been vegan for over 15 years...
the grains I ate were all vegan...

I have done this about a year ago, same results....
Vegan brownies
Vegan pita
Vegan cereal

...all ORGANIC as well!!!

I ate some organic chips as well - just salted..

Mind altering...I was just Soooo tired and snappy....but I was really angry with myself so that may have had something to do with it...!!

BAD @#$%&...my stomach sounded like a rummbling race car,,,,
My burps lasted all day yesterday, until late afternoon...
so about 24 hours...
I went to bed at 8pm and slept..I was so TIRED!!

Usually, I get about 6 hours a night, and I am FINE, Yesterday I slept almsot 12 hours!!

I ate 4c of strawberries at about 6pm

Woke up this morning feeling like myself!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!

YES I have learned my lesson!!

Has anyone else experienced this?
Can anyone explain what exactly happened in my stomach?
It was Sooooo NASTY!!!

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: October 21, 2008 02:21PM

I ate rice or something....maybe some beans. I'm a vegan, as you are, so I wouldn't eat any animal products. ANd yes, I was bloated, gassy, didn't feel right, felt tired. Really shitty feeling!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 21, 2008 03:24PM

rawrnr--
Yep, I've done it too. And when I do, I wake up super-groggy and somewhat bloated, and especially: upset with myself for being so weak! I'm most vulnerable in the evenings in the fall, when it starts to get cold. So at some point I get tired of the temptation of cooked food (I have a mate who doesn't eat raw) and I get to work deliberately creating healthy raw snacks and more carefully planned menus and eating strategies for myself.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: October 23, 2008 12:39PM

I notice as I move away from cooked foods that certain foods wreak havoc on my body and I just didn't notice it before -- I just attributed it to age (late 40's). But eating raw then eating cooked has made me more sensitive to symptoms. Wheat does exactly what you described to me -- I can feel it go all the way through, and I feel really sluggish -- blaah!! Veggies (except potatoes) -- not so much.

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 23, 2008 03:23PM

i mean going from raw to vegan junk food is going to do something bad - thats like drinking all juice and then eating a ton of fiber; it's bound to do something you won't like

they can be vegan, organic, and yes junk food. come on, no refined stuff will cope with the human body especially when the body isn't prepared (you know after it's filtered it out)

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: October 26, 2008 11:24PM

raw, Congrats on your detox. LOL. During my last 10 day fast, I had elimination that smelled so bad that it brought memories of the stench in nursing homes. I guess the matter had been in there quite a while and even eating raw didn't remove it.

Whenever I have a reaction to a incidence of cheating (the cheating doesn't happen much anymore), I understand more why I have to stay with the dietary changes I made. Yours was only for one day. When I first went raw and cheating at the holiday time with cooked meat (I felt guilty b/c beef was cooked solely for me as they knew I didn't eat pork), I was extremely sick for 2 solid weeks with terrible cold symptoms. Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables