Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

does anyone still suffer from..
Posted by: redstar_38 ()
Date: February 08, 2008 01:45PM

Seasonal allergies since starting raw?
My eyes are itching like crazy now!
I don't want to take any medication for it, but I am not sure what would help ease my discomfort.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: does anyone still suffer from..
Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: February 08, 2008 03:14PM

Do you eat any of the common allergens?

wheat, gluten, spelt (another kind of wheat), corn, sesame, rye, barley, dairy, wine, sulfites, soy, eggs, coffee, caffeine

The FDA list of the eight most common food allergies—wheat, milk, soybeans, peanuts, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, and eggs.

There is something called "cross-contamination" and "hidden glutens" that I'm just now trying to learn more about. It's amazing how eliminating the wheat, glutens and dairy helps people. (Of course this board is vegan so not dairy-eating but like to include dairy in this list anyhow.)

An interesting quote I came across:

"It has been found that autism can be greatly ameliorated by a strict gluten-free and casein-free diet. Casein is a protein found in cow’s milk. There are also studies showing an improvement for schizophrenics and manic depressives on a strict gluten-free diet.There is also a theory that people with the Blood Type O should avoid wheat, which is only one of the offending gluten-containing grains for celiacs, but many Type O people enjoy better health with the exclusion of gluten from their diet."

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables