Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

alkaline state when eating sprouts?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 24, 2008 05:20PM

Hello
My wife has decided to go the alternative way in fighting breast cancer. She has just been through a 21 day juice fast and has started adding sprouts to her juices for the last 4 days. I would like to know if most sprouts support a alkaline state in the body. Are any sprouts converting into acid? I would appreciate some feed back.
Love
<Marc

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: alkaline state when eating sprouts?
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: March 24, 2008 05:35PM

I eat all fruit, only, and my ph tests are always black, or the most alkaline. I do not know about Sprouts.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: March 25, 2008 12:26AM

At a complete guess, I'd say sprouts would be alkaline, as long as they are completely sprouted. Nuts and seeds are acid forming and green leaves are alkali forming, so you need the sprout to be far enough on to being a green leaf!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 25, 2008 02:55AM

[www.essense-of-life.com]

They're not on the top list, but if you scroll down, "sprouted grains" are "slightly alkaline." I'm guessing the others are nearby.

Just watch out for toxic sprouts, like kidney beans. angry smiley (Certain beans are toxic, sproutpeople.com will tell you if a certain type is or isn't.)

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: March 25, 2008 08:29PM

Everyone is different but I find that sprouts are very alkalinizing for me. I know this from testing my urine pH. This is the only true way to tell. Suvine (above) states that she eats all fruit and maintains alkaline pH. This would not at all work for me. My point being that it depends on how your body responds more than what you would find in a book. I would just suggest being careful with sprouts from grains that are already typically acidifying (wheat and oats). But again you ned to learn your body's reaction.

If you haven't already purchased pH paper, get some in the 5.5-8 range for your urine.

Good luck.

Patty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables