Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

WILD success!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 11, 2008 01:15AM

this might be small but it still made me really happy.

this week i got my little to eat a baby romaine lettuce wrap (instead of a tortilla wrap) and he LOVED IT! he had about three so yay me for little kid friendly raw snackerels.
and today i got my friend's little boy to eat (and love) some avocado. she's going pretty raw lately but her son said "no way!" to the avo when she tried to feed it to him. sometimes it takes a different person to get them to give something a go. my friend got my little hooked on kale, before that it wasn't happening.

there, that's my happy report of the day. what's up with you? had any wild successes yourself? they don't have to be big, just good smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WILD success!
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: April 11, 2008 01:45AM

Awesome!

I think we can influence others by being examples and being positive.

smiling smiley

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: April 11, 2008 03:20AM

it does make you feel so great when your kid is eating and enjoying raw food! my daughter and i have been cracking out on cantalope, strawberries, clementines, and mangoes lately. i'm happy that we CONNECT over healthy food, maybe how i felt connected with my mom when she would make homemade bread or cookies, etc.

she asked me one morning this week what i was making her for school lunch, and told me "i just want raw food for lunch, mommy." i about fell over. usually she is very clear "i eat cooked food, and you eat raw food."

i packed her an avocado, tomato and cucumber salad, and a fruit salad with mangoes, strawberries, and grapes, and some walnuts on the side. i was so happy! even though i am trying to respect her choices, it is hard for me sometimes to send her off to school with what i now consider less than optimum food. it was a real blessing for me to be able to send her out the door without qualms, even if it was for one day.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: April 11, 2008 06:05AM

Last week, I introduced my daughter to watercress, and she loved it. I'm trying to increase her greens in hopes of balancing her hormones naturally. Next, I'll try giving her arugula.

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: April 11, 2008 11:54AM

That's fantastic, Coco!!!

XOXOXO

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 11, 2008 02:41PM

I FINALLY got my boyfriend to take me to the raw restaurant in Toronto. He had some raw nachos and natural soda and loved them both!! (I'll have to start keeping natural soda around because it is a huge step up from 1 L of coke for breakfast some days.)

He couldn't believe he "paid so much for food that wasn't cooked," but it was really a big gesture on his part. I was sending him little *hint hint* emails for a month or two, so just opening himself to the experience was really cool.

Although he didn't like the daikon noodles in the pad thai--but there isn't usually daikon in pad thai...?

Date: April 11, 2008 03:24PM

yay! great stories! small success, it feels tremendous when it happens.

roxeli, little likes to eat sprouts that he grew himself. not in a dish, just right there as soon as they are ready he'll pick at them. if i grow them in somethng "fun" he likes them even more. we grew them as hair on funny little egg cups filled with soil and faces drawn on the side. pretty cute. he'll eat finely shredded baby spinach in just about anything too, i use it instead of lettuce on his sandwiches and sprinkled everywhere i can.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: April 12, 2008 04:18AM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yay! great stories! small success, it feels
> tremendous when it happens.
>
> roxeli, little likes to eat sprouts that he grew
> himself. not in a dish, just right there as soon
> as they are ready he'll pick at them. if i grow
> them in somethng "fun" he likes them even more. we
> grew them as hair on funny little egg cups filled
> with soil and faces drawn on the side. pretty
> cute. he'll eat finely shredded baby spinach in
> just about anything too, i use it instead of
> lettuce on his sandwiches and sprinkled everywhere
> i can.

Coco,

You're children are so blessed to have a mom that introduced them to raw early in life. My daughter is 17 but she's really doing great with the transition.

We're looking into growing our own wheatgrass soon. Can't wait.

Date: April 13, 2008 02:19AM

gee, thanks. he's a pretty awesome kid.

tonight i had a whole bunch of people over for dinner and served them many raw dishes which they all loved. i tried making a sunflower pate for the first time for nori rolls and it turned out so great! i didn't have tahini so i ground some sesame seeds up in a spice mill and added them in instead and i liked that way more than tahini so it's my new favourite condiment.

people are so easy to please with simple, gorgeous raw dishes. so long as they are the least willing to try and have a teeny bit of a taste for healthy foods.

what a party grinning smiley

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: April 13, 2008 10:00PM

Little kids love to grow things and from my 27 years of experience of mothering, they love to eat what they grow. My three year old only eats lettuce that is picked out of the living room (it really is a "living" room), and she too loves the sprouts right out of the jar they sprout in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables