Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

small twinges, pains, and then cold shiver sensations
Posted by: javacado ()
Date: April 15, 2008 03:39PM

Does anyone know or has anyone experience numerous little pains all over your body - feels like it's kind of coming from deep within? It isn't all that painful. It's just the small, short lasting pains and then followed by an almost cold shivering sensation and then it's gone, or on to another spot on my body. I've been having them on and off, and now for a few days straight. Is this toxin in my body? Hopefully leaving my body??

javacado

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: small twinges, pains, and then cold shiver sensations
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 15, 2008 04:20PM

Sounds like a normal detox reaction. As a deeper cleansing goes on...blood CAN move away from the skin and extremeties....toward the inner organs. Of course, joints and connective tissue break down and rebuild...and re-settle.

-If you are in crisis (bleeding or blinding pain)...do whatever you need to...in order to go through it. If not, eat the highest foods you know, eat simply, lightly exercise, and breathe deeply...and ACCEPT responsibility for the results. ALLOW those changes....for as long as they take. NEVER try to supress symptomology. Just my opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 15, 2008 04:55PM

This ties in with something I get...and that is small twitches in certain areas when I eat raw for a time.The last one was my right eye lid.It twitched for a month every time I blinked.And I get twitches in my palms too.
Not sure what this is all about.
Brian

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: April 15, 2008 09:15PM

Muscle twitches = mineral deficiency. There may be other causes too but that's all I know. Wheatgrass juice is high in minerals, you could try that and see if it helps.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 15, 2008 09:18PM

Thanks.
I have a green powder drink that has wheatgrass in it.
Brian

Date: April 15, 2008 09:21PM

I am going to do the master cleanse (with lemon juice and maple syrup) and I am just a little concerned with what's going to happen when I am eliminating toxins. Some people at work are just really skeptical and I am not surprised at all. It's just hard to feel like what I am doing sometimes is legitimate and healthy when everyone is so critical and negative - and they all say it's because they are just concerned. Maybe so. I seem to be much healthier than them and this is what I am trying to remember when they are negative. I guess I am just getting worried about the legitimacy of a master cleanse and raw vs steamed veggies, etc. I know there are many threads on this topic. I try to read as much as I can. I doing searches online to find criticisms and to try to figure out who is criticising and why, and mostly it just seems that the criticism carries no weight. I don't know what to believe. I feel better and I've dropped 17 lbs in about 3 weeks. I hope I am doing the right thing. Or the healthier thing, for me.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 15, 2008 09:47PM

Hmm...

I remember one of the things people always said around the Master Cleanse boards is that it's great to eat a LOT of greens before you start, especially if you have a mineral deficiency, because a lot of minerals will be utilized in wiping bad stuff out of your system.

In the beginning, I'd say it's better to slowly improve your diet, rather than do a drastic fast.

Wheatgrass has done some really magical things for me, probably because of the minerals. Even a short one or two day fast can be beneficial... you could even try one... with wheatgrass! (I can't think of a better way to remineralize. But I would say the MC tastes better. ^.^)

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: April 15, 2008 09:54PM

Hi javacado,

The Master Cleanse was a catalyst for me when I was pre-raw and eating a terrible diet. I did it for 21 days, but I added fresh green coconut water to the lemonade mixture. I lost 30 lbs and shortly afterwards I went raw vegan. That was last May and now I am at a perfect weight...70lbs less that i weighed a year ago. Now that I'm raw and feeling pretty clean, I don't think I would do that cleanse again, but for me it really kick started the process. Everyone is different though and you can always stop if it makes you feel too awful.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 15, 2008 10:19PM

Posted by: javacado (IP Logged)
Date: April 15, 2008 02:21PM

Some people at work are just really skeptical

I have found that for me its best to not get into discussions about lifestyle with people who are not on the same page. Look for someone who shares your beliefs for support.

I guess I am just getting worried about the legitimacy of a master cleanse and raw vs steamed veggies, etc.

Maybe if you settled back for awhile and just got the raw food lifestyle down first so that you decided if raw or steamed is best for you then you could be more comfortable going forward and make future decisions when you have a base of beliefs to work from.

Date: April 16, 2008 01:40PM

well, I feel i"m hooked on raw, so there won't really be any going back, at least not permanently. I just don't like the taste of SAD "comfort foods" anymore. Sometimes, if I get the urge to eat something cooked, usally I just chew it until I get the taste and spit it out. This is probably silly, but it is helping me a little. When I realize all the crap I"m chewing up is going to go into my cells, it's pretty easy to spit it out and wash it down the drain! So, I am going to do the master cleanse after all. Like Maui Greg, I think it will kick start my raw food lifestyle with a cleanse first. Plus, I want to stop drinking wine completely. I think this will be the best way to make that break and rid my body of toxins, especially in my liver.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 16, 2008 01:53PM

On the eighth day of my Master Cleanse, my whole face turned yellow with dark gray circles, and my sweat was yellow--I'm pretty sure that's when my liver cleaned itself out. I went from being able to drink a bottle of wine to not being able to finish a glass! It is eye-opening. :O

Date: April 16, 2008 08:28PM

I hope that happens to me, Phantom! I want all that junk out of me!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables