Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How long did detox last for you?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 13, 2008 04:03AM

Hi there. I am attempting to transistion to a raw food diet and am experiencing some of the detox reactions that I have read about on the boards..particularly headaches,fatigue and light-headedness. Does anyone know about how long I should expect them to last?

I know that I am eating plenty of calories and such, so I know it isn't just hunger.

Thanks!

Melissa

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How long did detox last for you?
Posted by: earthmother213 ()
Date: May 13, 2008 04:21AM

hi bunny,

i've been reading tons of books and articles about detox and the consensus seems to be that the most severe symptoms generally last less than a month. it can vary a lot, though, depending on what you're eating, what your health is like and what your diet was like before. not looking forward to that myself! smiling smiley

chandelle

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 13, 2008 02:25PM

If you make a gradual transition, then your detox should be managable....and last about 30 days for the critical part.....and 6-12 months for the less critical stuff. Just my experiences. Stay full...and happy....and this too shall pass and leave you in a far better place than you could have imagined. You know?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: May 13, 2008 04:34PM

I have detox symptoms here and there, and I can kind of control them by how much greens and juices I eat....headaches and such are gone, only lasted a couple days, but my skin breaks out here and there, but hte tone is still so much better than on cooked foods!

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables