Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Perfect Storm ?
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 13, 2008 03:09PM

I am concerned about the price and availability of fresh raw food because of the world situation. It seems like a perfect storm is brewing that could rain on everyone's parade. The perfect storm problems include global warming, increasing natural disasters, war, food shortages in many parts of the world, rising energy and fuel prices, inflation, high debt levels, a sour economy, and ?. Has anyone got any ideas about how to stay raw if supplies grow scarce ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Perfect Storm ?
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 13, 2008 03:14PM

Learn about local wild foods.

Grow your own food.

It's what we should be doing anyway, the world situation might help us on our way!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: May 13, 2008 03:45PM

Exactly!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 13, 2008 10:12PM

I have thought about it. It always pays to have some non-perishable food stockpiled.

Growing as much of your own food as you can is always a good idea, as well as establishing relationships with local farmers. smiling smiley

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 13, 2008 10:18PM

Right. EXACTLY as Funky Rob and the others said: Learn to eat simply. PRACTICE it. Grow your own food....and don't rely on processed non-sense. Eat it if you wish....just don't DEPEND on it! LOL.

Cars are good - but be ready to walk. Computers are good, but be ready to talk. Money is good, but be prepared to have skills/products that you can present for trade. You follow? Then you'll never have to worry.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 13, 2008 10:25PM

davidzanemason Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Right. EXACTLY as Funky Rob and the others said:
> Learn to eat simply. PRACTICE it. Grow your own
> food....and don't rely on processed non-sense. Eat
> it if you wish....just don't DEPEND on it! LOL.

Well, depending on how bad the economic situation gets many might have to depend on grains and other "unraw" foods. We're blessed as Westerners to have the cornicopia of choices available fresh daily at the supermarket but this freedom we take for granted is not a guarentee. Most of the world doesn't have the luxury of being able to live as raw vegans.

Having a stockpile of foods you prefer (dried and preserved fruit, veggies & nuts and whatever else you enjoy) will help in case of emergency. Obviously this is just a stop-gap and no substitute for being in touch with local farmers and perhaps being one yourself (as in your case smiling smiley ).

> Cars are good - but be ready to walk. Computers
> are good, but be ready to talk. Money is good, but
> be prepared to have skills/products that you can
> present for trade. You follow? Then you'll never
> have to worry.
>
> -David Z. Mason

Good advice. Don't forget bikes! Biking is many-fold more efficient than walking and with a decent trailer you can haul quite a load.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 13, 2008 11:16PM

I hear you communitybuilder. Just about every place can grow SOMETHING. Heh..heh. I don't think there's anyplace on earth that imports 100% of its food and grows NOTHING. So: we concentrate on what we CAN grow...and what we CAN do. EVERYONE can follow their dreams....and find the fuel to do it. I believe this with an almost uncanny sense of blithe-ful ignorance of all other attitudes! LOL. Just my thing.

Not EVERYONE can do EVERYTHING...RIGHT NOW. But ANYONE can do SOMETHING...ANYTIME. Don't you think?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: May 14, 2008 12:07AM

lower your fruit & veggie carbon footprint: eat local.

it is not too late.
we can nip it in the bud.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 14, 2008 03:20AM

EZ Storm

your title " Perfect Storm" is a very apt title for this thread

i loved the book , by the way, the movie was a flubbety flub compared to the book ( or so i thought)

anyhow... it does indeed look like Gaia is a bit angry and really.... who can blame her? i'd be a tad bit angry too

its no wonder she created a BIG WATER STORM ( or something tantamount to it... like the tsunami) and then all those earthquakes prior

it is getting VERY crazy and i can really feel it

every time you turn around, there is something bizarrely apocalyptic going

armageddon starts in the soul

then ... ripple effect

then outward

then wars

but if everything is a cycle

then after the nadir

it goes back towards its zenith

and so... maybe there is hope

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: May 14, 2008 12:15PM

Learn to eat less and breathe more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2008 12:15PM by madinah.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables