Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

as nature intended...
Posted by: liberation ()
Date: November 01, 2008 12:43PM

warm greetings fellow compassionate truth seekers...

i have lived all of my adult life in two large cities, (london and los angeles), and i am sincerely focused upon relocation to a part of the world that can truly support a thriving, happy life yawning smiley)))

i would really love to hear from anyone who is aware of people who are already there, or has experience visiting such a place and/or would like to keep in touch as we chart a path to our various optimal destinations in the sun:

here is my current criteria list:

geo region: rainforest or adjoining
area: central america first, south east asia second choice
country: belize,costa rica,honduras,panama, all have their pros & cons in that region
climate: day 85 min. to 100's, night minimum high 70's, into 80's (i want to be able to wear as few clothes as possible, and require absolutely minimal shelter.) rain is welcome
ocean: close would be nice, say 30 mins walk away. note, coastal land can be too sandy for optimal nutrients for sustainable growth and cultivation.
water: close to aquifer, waterfalls, river, streams that guarantee being high on the clean/natural water table. not a region that has flooding/natural disaster history though!
hills: no, not too high/windy, as always want to be warm.
trees/plants/soil: naturally nutrient rich soil, with plenty of naturally thriving fruit trees/plants, important tropical priorities for me being mango, banana, papaya, coconut and lots of other local varieties, also i would like avocado, pineapple, orange too. must have room/soil/cover to grow leafy greens.
dwelling: very simple
government: non-intrusive, welcome! splash a little cash & we'll leave you alone!
people: gentle, relaxed, compassionate, indigenous ideally, manyana syndrome is fine by me. what's the hurry when one is already happy! important: being around local people who are not covetous and recognize one can be happy right there in nature, confident of one's cultural identity, and not attracted to the modern/industrialized model. my one concern about central america versus se asia is that region's desire for flesh eating.
infrastructure: reasonable road access would be good, though that requirement may drift in time. ability to travel occasionally to regional town where banking can be transacted. mail delivery to door not vital, but local village collection ok.
electricity - obviously solar but if not immediately available, to be installed. internet would be nice, but again in time that desire might ease too. international air route within say 3 hours drive.
additional very important criteria to me: compassion is a BIG issue for me, and i do not want to be around the inbreeding domestication, incarceration, torture and ultimate murder of our fellow non-humyn beings. ALL sentient life deserves love, peace and respect.

finally, on that theme, i want a place where i can build upon my path of the last decade or so where my focus has been the twin paths of self-love and universal compassion.

community concepts always come to mind when kicking ideas around, BUT, as i am a 100% living vegan food advocate, (and i am a practitioner and help run the leading compassionate health center in los angeles, and currently visiting britain.), i want to be around people on a similar path, and remain open to the general idea of a community, or a retreat facility. however, i have no desire to join a profit focused venture at this time, but would not rule out being close by. if an ideal community is not possible, then i am quite ok about being on my own. that would be far preferrable to a scenario like in the film, "the beach" right? it can often begin idylically, but soon goes negative when people bring their past issues with them to paradise, and yes, it's usually the people that screw things up right?

ok, that's enough for now, and of course, this may well be a process of visiting/experiencing various locations before settling....

i would sincerely welcome useful input from anyone who understands my genuine wish to soon live a more happy, healthy and flowing, natural life yawning smiley)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: as nature intended...
Posted by: blue_butterfly ()
Date: November 02, 2008 06:25PM

Moving into one of these homes in this community sounds like it would really resonate with you:

[www.solar-vistas.com]

I would absolutely love to move there myself.

Date: November 02, 2008 11:32PM

thanks for the kind tip blue butterfly....nice country/lovely locale/cool living concepts...but, i'm trying to keep things simpler, and for me too many gringos running this show/making their cut, price tag too high - you can find great deals at a third of that when dealing with ticos...so i'll keep searching thanks...

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 03, 2008 01:20PM

if you find this place that meets most of your criteria please let us know im packing my bags !! grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: November 04, 2008 08:59PM

jello jodiyawning smiley)

send me an email to rawpowercolin@yahoo.com so i can add you to my possible people list. i encourage you to help your own positive progress and create an affirming relocation check off list too.

see you in paradise!

peter pan

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 04, 2008 11:05PM

What do you want to do for work once you move?

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: November 09, 2008 03:07PM

Hi, liberation. . .

I love this beautiful post you wrote. I understand and agree with every part of it and your thinking.

I will contact you privately to share some of my thoughts on this matter, as I am also moving in the same direction.

I, too, wonder if there is any place left in this world where one can be free and safe and live in agreement with Nature.

: )

Love,
Julie

Date: November 09, 2008 10:34PM

= well sir, (community builder???), if i might generalise, i assume you are one of the male of the species from your tone and text.

with great respect, your question "What do you want to do for work once you move?", assumes the need in paradise for strange pieces of printed paper in which some have belief, the pursuit of which prompts many to enter decades of indentured servitude. in lovely contrast, if one has everything one needs provided by nature, then a flowing, natural and joyful life becomes a much more readily available option. (in arriving at this shift in perspective, one must obviously make a distinction between want, as sought by the mind, and need, based upon the body's determination.)

i am neither a "luddite", nor an acclimatized "nature boy, however, i know that after a transitional period in a rainforest region, my attachment to the internet and various modern gadgets will diminish.

as this subject is a current passion of mine, i could continue for hours, however, i suspect that the closing statement of your posting, "Seek simplicity but distrust it”, highlights, that although we in all probability, share arms and legs, we are on a different path at this time; and i prefer to direct my attention to those who share my focus on the best that this astonishly amazing life on earth can offeryawning smiley)

love, peace and liberation,
colin

Date: November 09, 2008 10:49PM

first julie/fruity jules, as the insightful el hajj malik el shabazz observed, "what we need is a revolution of the mind"...a work in progress for all of us, right?

...and i am firmly of the view that there are places on the planet where we can live in flowing peace and harmony with nature and the universeyawning smiley)

love and light,
colin

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 13, 2008 06:22PM

liberation,

Reading your list of criteria, I immediately thought, "Costa Rica." Hope all is well with you.

Posted by: zanjabil ()
Date: December 14, 2008 12:28AM

I lived in Honduras for 3 yrs, it's beautiful, and the people are wonderful.

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: December 14, 2008 01:32AM

i wanna come, but i have sad thoughts about americans
"retiring" (for lack of better word) to 3rd world countries.

when you say "indigenous" people, do you mean everyone except
us who would be moving there?

with all due respect. bec i understand your intention is pure.

Date: December 14, 2008 06:23AM

and i am sincerely focused upon relocation to a part of the world that can truly support a thriving, happy life yawning smiley)))

Wherever you go - there you are.

I went raw, got super skinny and moved to Florida in 2004 thinking that the sunshine & fresh fruit would make me happy.

It's all about other people really. Eco-friendly, naturey life is nice of course but, for me, it's all about the human element.

Good luck. Follow your path that's how you learn. smiling smiley

= well sir, (community builder???), if i might generalise, i assume you are one of the male of the species from your tone and text.
You have guessed wisely. smiling smiley

with great respect, your question "What do you want to do for work once you move?", assumes the need in paradise for strange pieces of printed paper in which some have belief, the pursuit of which prompts many to enter decades of indentured servitude. in lovely contrast, if one has everything one needs provided by nature, then a flowing, natural and joyful life becomes a much more readily available option. (in arriving at this shift in perspective, one must obviously make a distinction between want, as sought by the mind, and need, based upon the body's determination.)
It assumes no such thing my dear fellow. Man needs work, it has nothing to do with acquiring currency. It's simply a human need. We all need to feel productive via serving our community. That's my experience anyway.

i am neither a "luddite", nor an acclimatized "nature boy, however, i know that after a transitional period in a rainforest region, my attachment to the internet and various modern gadgets will diminish.
Perhaps. You know yourself better than I. smiling smiley

as this subject is a current passion of mine, i could continue for hours, however, i suspect that the closing statement of your posting, "Seek simplicity but distrust it”, highlights, that although we in all probability, share arms and legs, we are on a different path at this time;
If you're willing to engage me Colin, how do you interpret that quote that makes you think we're too different to learn from each other?

and i prefer to direct my attention to those who share my focus on the best that this astonishly amazing life on earth can offeryawning smiley)
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you implying that I'm not focused on the best?

love, peace and liberation,
colin
Back at ya'. smiling smiley

Date: December 16, 2008 07:49PM

Guess this guy sailed off into the bright blue yonder...

Best of luck homeboy, just be honest with yourself & you'll be ok.

Date: December 26, 2008 03:58AM

Wonder whatever happened to this dude.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 26, 2008 04:08PM

liberation was away in Cornwall with his family for the holidays. Perhaps he's already found his Gaugin Paradise and no longer has internet access . . .

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: December 26, 2008 04:20PM

Liberation went there to care for his Mom

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: December 26, 2008 05:31PM

"I went raw, got super skinny and moved to Florida in 2004 thinking that the sunshine & fresh fruit would make me happy.

It's all about other people really. Eco-friendly, naturey life is nice of course but, for me, it's all about the human element. "

hi communitybuilder,

what happened afterwards? Did you regain your normal weight, get a nice job in Florida and live happily ? just want to know - I live in Canada, a good place for the human element, not so much for the weather and fruits part.
Cynthia

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 26, 2008 07:19PM

[ I live in Canada, a good place for the human element, not so much for the weather and fruits part. ]

Yeah, Florida is great for weather and fruit.

But generally I'd rather have Canadian people as my neighbors.

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: December 26, 2008 07:49PM

thanks, arugula, you're sweet.

minus 10, right now, in my part of the country. Snow is pilling up outside and my stove is hot red.

season greetings to everyone!

cynthia

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: December 26, 2008 08:05PM

Yeah, wonder where the humyn,Colin Liberation is?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables