Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

overeating habituation
Posted by: geneticpromise ()
Date: June 30, 2006 06:04PM

Hi, folks -

Any experience with this? When I started raw over four years ago, I lost a lot of weight suddenly, and caved into pressure from other people to slow the process. So I built up to eating like every hour....and years later, I'm still overeating. It's not nutrient deficiencies (checked that) not hypoglycemia (that, too) not other things, just a weird setting of my system to expect constant food in my gut. I'm on the path now to try to eat just three meals per day....anyone have experience with how to go about resetting this process?

Thanks.
'
GP

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: overeating habituation
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 30, 2006 06:12PM

I eat something evry 2 hours. a few carrots, a banana, some almonds.... just something at least every 2 hours. try doing that. it's best to eat 6-7 small meals every day to keep your metabolism up.

Date: June 30, 2006 06:15PM

Luna sky -

Thanks for the thought, but that's how I got into trouble in the first place, eating so often throughout the day! I'm wanting to put food into its proper place and allow my systme to rest for more than a couple of hours.

I'm glad it works for you, though!

GP

Date: June 30, 2006 06:23PM

Have you tried mono meals? I know it works for some people. If it's a psycological thing, try meditating through some of the times that you feel the urge to eat. Some people set an alarm clock and eat only when it goes off.....

Date: June 30, 2006 06:26PM

Hi, Luna sky -

Seems to be real time messaging here, and I'm off to work n a few minutes - thanks for replying . Mono meals haven't helped, but I am trying to habituate to a schedule (starting today)....breakfast, lunch, dinner. Eating slowly. It's not psychological for me, just a sttrong drive of physical habit of being constantly near-full.

So the clock setting is worth trying as I go along with this. I'll let you know how it goes!

GP

Date: June 30, 2006 07:50PM

ok ! ! keep me posted.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: June 30, 2006 09:57PM

You might try extending the night fast by waiting as long as possible before eating breakfast. Sip teas or fresh lemon in warm water. Then have something light like fresh juice or a smoothie. This may help to re-train your stomach so that it gets better accustomed to being a bit empty. Also, you'll have less hours in a day to eat, especially if you make it a rule of thumb to not eat anything past 7:00 P.M.

~K

Date: July 02, 2006 06:17AM

did U try filling your stomach with water, by sipping it, between meals?...
it works for me..
..& also in the morning...when i know, that my wanting to eat comes not, from being truly hungry yet...

Date: July 02, 2006 08:46PM

Hi, folks - thanks so much for the ides. I do try to fast ast 7 pm, but it doesn't help with the physical cravings....drinking more wter does help, but hasn't been the key so far. I've been doing well for the past three days, just willing myself, and thinking about the Caloric Restriction concepts....less is more. I think it might just take some grit for a bit, but I've done harder things!

Thanks so much,.

GeneticPromise

Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: July 03, 2006 04:38AM

Fast for at least 7 days...

Jen Rose

"You must first unlearn the lies, and then you will have room for the truth"

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 03, 2006 04:45AM

That helped you Jen?

Date: July 03, 2006 05:51AM

geneticpromise - one more idea

LIQUID IONIC TRACE MINERALS
- they r naturally balanced
from Utah's Inland Sea
for regular or sodium restricted diets
it is a dietary supplement with 99.5% sodium removed
from
Marine Minerals, Monroe, Utah, 1-800-955-772
www.marineminerals.com

i've learned about them from my raw son, he & his friends r using them, so i ordered some too...
i add them (drops) to my drinking water & it changes/improves its taste nicely...the water tastes again...they way it use to...when i was a kid....nicer, frendlier..to the mouth & senses...
they will improve/enrich the quality of U'r daily intake & through this, help U, hopefully, to drop the overeating habit...& at the same time, heal U'r system

Date: July 03, 2006 06:07PM

Hi, all -
Thanks again. I did try a fast some oths ago, five days on water. It didn't help. I'm not deficient in anything so trce minerls won't be of help, but I appreciate the idea. I'm cruising along on caloric resriction - three meals per day.....my system is getting used to eting less and having evener energy. Yay!

GP

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 03, 2006 09:17PM

Two Words:

GREEN SMOOTHIES

and one sentence:

For more information, see Victoria Boutenko's book GREEN FOR LIFE.

I have been off and on raw for nearly 20 years and have a long history of losing a huge amount of weight, gaining back, and losing again but still not losing enough, and overeating, and cravings, all that good stuff.

The GREEN SMOOTHIES ARE CHANGING MY LIFE....!!!!! I lost 4 lbs. last week, just because I'm drinking about 3-4 quarts of green smoothies per day (at breakfast, lunch and dinner). I really don't need (or want) much else, but things like flax crackers, etc.

I am SO excited because now I KNOW I am going to finish losing all that extra weight. I have already maintained a weight loss of 60 lbs. for a couple of years and now I just have about 90 to 100 lbs. to go. It's really HAPPENING now. I can feel it everywhere, from my little toes to the tip of my brain.

Hope that helps!

Posted by: Suzie ()
Date: July 04, 2006 07:28AM

oops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2006 07:30AM by Suzie.

Posted by: Suzie ()
Date: July 04, 2006 07:31AM

Jen Rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fast for at least 7 days...

Yay! Jen's back. When you get settled in Miami, I want lots more recipes, K?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables