Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

No more Colds
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: November 04, 2008 02:21AM

One of the things I noticed on going raw was that my days of suffering from colds was over.

I wrote up an article about it here: [www.raw-food-health.net]

Do you guys experience the same thing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No more Colds
Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: November 04, 2008 02:27AM

Absolutely! I haven't had a cold in the entire 2.5 years that I've been raw, and they used to be at least a yearly occurrence for me. Not to mention my annual bout of strep throat followed by tonsilitis and larangitis! I used to be out of it for a good month every winter!

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: November 04, 2008 03:30AM

Yes.. I believe that sickness only strikes a body in a weakened state, when its immune system isn't functioning properly or the accumulated toxins impair its metabolic processes. The raw diet seems to go a long way to removing the strains on these things.

Posted by: annex ()
Date: November 04, 2008 06:11AM

Yup. Two years no colds. The winter before I went raw I had five! It's so crazy that people think that having colds is normal.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: November 04, 2008 07:18PM

This realy is a powerfull message... I think everyone in the raw community who has experienced this should post here !

Posted by: frances ()
Date: November 04, 2008 07:59PM

I haven't had any colds since I started mostly raw, 18 months ago. I do sometimes still get a runny nose when I'm in a cold place, or sneeze if there's something in the air. That's about it.

Posted by: C. Dove ()
Date: November 04, 2008 11:10PM

I hear y'all.....but never say never...

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: November 05, 2008 12:33AM

Hm, with me it's actually been more the other way around. I had two very big colds within the first four months of going vegan/raw(er), and have been having a sort of on-off sore throat over the last two months.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables